EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, no matter how unrealistic, where would it be?

Re: Weekly Check In 9/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life Sorry you're still feeling terrible too:/ And now I need to go find The Kitchen...
  • Options
    @Panaceia tomorrow!!!

@morgantu hope DD is feeling better

@quiltandknit flutters here too, it’s the best! With DS I never really noticed the flutters and kicks started around 23 weeks so I’m excited to have this happening so early

@michelle_bird does it have room if you need to let it out a little? I’ve saved fabric from having it hemmed, just so I had the fabric in case they needed more to fix it for me (bridesmaid at 38w and had to purchase the dress at 12w 😬)

EDD / Weeks + Days: 14w5d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: maple leaf

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: 9/17

How are you feeling?: can’t complain, my hips are starting to ache, but nothing like what’s coming

Rants/Raves: nothing really going on at the moment

Questions: natm

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, no matter how unrealistic, where would it be? Since we said unrealistic somewhere tropical that still has fall weather and it always snows on Christmas (and then obviously back to our tropic weather for New Years)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @andreaedrake welcome!
    @Panaceia tomorrow! Crossing every finger and toe for a great ultrasound and zero jinxing. And you get NIPT results so soon! Time is finally moving a little.
    @morgantu i hope DD feels better soon. Im sure she’s miserable and you’re exhausted with worry.
    @quiltandknit I am 13+5 and have definitely felt a few tiny movements this week. My favorite part of pregnancy.
    @michelle_bird so ready for cooler weather too. We had what I like to call “false fall” this week with temps in the mid 80’s which was so nice. We’ll get another heat wave before it finally cools down.
    @gembud i love your fictitious place. I’d live there!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Panaceia and @jenis_fan_for_life I'm sorry you're feeling so awful! Hopefully symptoms ease soon!

@nightnurse we pretty much have our options picked out! Just trying to decide on which middle names to use if it's a girl.

EDD / Weeks + Days: new EDD is March 21. 12+1

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: plum

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: probably Green

Upcoming Appointments: next Biweekly OB is on Sept 16

How are you feeling?: Decent overall actually! Tension headaches pretty bad the last 2 days. Blaming it on my pillow though. Starting to get hopeful, and even a bit excited.

Rants/Raves: we took DS for blood work this am. He has never been around so many people in his life, and he did really well with the crowd. I hope we don't have to do blood work again for a very long time. We also took him to a store for the first time in his life, and he got to pick out a toy.

Questions: ETA: actually I do have a question! Anyone else find our board is strangely rather slow? Or is my memory faulty? Haha. I remember my last BMB was impossible to keep up with most of the time.

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, no matter how unrealistic, where would it be?

Either New Zealand, or Scotland. My dad's family is from Scotland, and I've always felt very drawn to it when I visit. There is something that pulls me there. It's hard to describe.
    We went to New Zealand on our honeymoon, and it was just so lovely. Fabulous people, food, scenery, things to do, so laid bad and peaceful.
  • Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited September 2021
    @goldfishcraker I agree that the board is pretty slow...maybe we should try to come up with some new threads to see if we can get more activity!

ETA also due date buddies!
  • Options
    @night_nurse we have 2 solid boys names ready to go..They're leftover from last time. For girl's names, we don't have some that we like, but I really want to keep a family connection so we need to look at the family trees a little more. 

@goldfishcraker I thought the same thing yesterday! Last time i had a lot more time on my hands at work to keep up, but i still couldn't! It seems like the gtkys are pretty popular, and do we have any "stm+ advice" threads? (that is rhetorical, i can look myself lol). 

• Options
    @Panaceia  DH isn’t 100% on board with the boy name yet but there is absolutely nothing else I can find that I like better. I love it. It’s unique and unconventional and I have never met someone with the name in real life and it flows so well with our last name. All that to say- I’m 100% sure I will convince him if it comes down to it 😂
  • Options
    @morgantu we also always include a familial middle name. Our first has 2 middle names because we couldn't pick just one. One is my paternal grandmother’s maiden name. Look at those too when you’re searching!
  • Options
    I struggle to participate some days, as I am still having trouble believing I'm pregnant. I don't want to get too attached. But I have another US on Thursday, so hopefully after that I will be in a more calm state of mind.
  • Options
    @night_nurse I know SO will be on board with my boy name and the middle names because I ran those by him after our January loss, bit I KNOW he'll need convincing with the girl name. But I figure with how sick I am I will should be able to guilt him in to acceptance when the time comes!

@morgantu Both of our girls are named for family (DD1 for FIL who we lost to cancer shortly before she was born, and DD2 for SO's uncle). Both middle names are family names from my side:)

@luckyduck42 I completely understand! My scan is tomorrow and I'm just holding my breath and hoping there is still a heartbeat.
  • Options
    @MusicalFamily The school year is going to be so stressful this year. I have a feeling a lot schools will be closing within the first month or 2 and we'll be back to remote before Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    @gembud that's a great idea about the extra fabric from hemming. I'll have some, I think I'll try to take us all to the tailor this weekend. The wedding is in....3 weeks? So yeah either this weekend or next weekend I need to go!
  • Options
    jessier19jessier19 member
    edited September 2021
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry I haven't checked in here in ages, life just got so busy with my insane work schedule, I couldn't find 3 spare seconds for anything, and I lost track of this board. But my work schedule has finally finally slowed down and gone back to sane levels, and I am so excited to be able to be back here again! I hope you guys will take me back  <3

@night_nurse I *think* we already have boy and girl names picked out! Probably Felix for a boy or Gwyneth for a girl. My goal was to have one of each picked out before we find out the sex, and that will happen within a couple weeks now!

goldfishcraker yes it really does seem so slow compared to my last board! But I've been a ghost lately myself, so I get it, I understand how this happens. I just keep wondering what happened to the Bump though. It seems like promoting these boards just isn't something the website cares about anymore :/

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/23, 11 + 6

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Brussels sprout

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out. I wanted to be team green and my husband wanted to find out, but I got to pick last time so this time it's his choice.

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday morning I have an ultrasound and a blood draw for genetic testing!

How are you feeling?: Good! I am still so shocked to say that, last pregnancy was so brutal, but so far this one has been so much easier.

Rants/Raves: Food tastes so good right now. Like if I have a craving and then manage to get a hold of whatever I wanted, it's the best feeling in the world. This afternoon I took a long lunch break and drove 20 minutes to get the perfect burger and damn that was good.

Questions:

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, no matter how unrealistic, where would it be? I spent a summer in Berlin once, and god I would love to go back there. I've also always wanted to live in San Diego, all of my extended family is there and it would be so wonderful to be able to be near them. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia hope your appointment goes well today!
    @night_nurse we don't have any names picked out. We didn't choose a name until 3rd tri last time! Once we know the gender, then we'll get our thinking caps on.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 13 weeks today! Due 3-16-22

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Lemon

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: TFO

Upcoming Appointments: 9/20 with OB, 9/29 with MFM

How are you feeling?: Thought I was doing better with nausea, but the sickness came back last night. Still fighting fatigue.

Rants/Raves: This pregnancy has been rough for me, and waiting until I can get my energy back. We also did a small reveal (announcing that we're having twins) with my immediate family over the weekend. We plan on doing a similar announcement with my in-laws this weekend.

Questions: Natm

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, no matter how unrealistic, where would it be? This is a good question. Most of our family is in this area (Northeast) which is so nice, but I think I need to travel more to figure out the best place that would work for us! I love experiencing all of the seasons!
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 12+5/March 18

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Lime

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Was planning team green and hoping to maintain that. 

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for 12w OB appt

TW** Test Results

How are you feeling?: Physically okay, but my nausea has returned this week a bit which is odd. 

I did get my maternal serum test back and the NT ultrasound. Baby looks physically perfect. However, my maternal serum flagged two issues: First - Low PAPP-A again, which increases the risk of late term loss. I had this with DD2 so I can manage this. It's extra scans, an enhanced anatomy scan, a low dose aspirin daily and I also won't be able to go passed my due date. The second was an increased risk for trisomy 18/13. My OB has already ordered an NIPT draw (I'm hoping she kept sex off of the order, but whatever if she didn't...more important to make sure baby is doing okay), so getting that draw done today, and then my doctor sent in a referral to MFM for genetic counseling. TBD I guess on whether we get to bring this baby home. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - work...don't feel like doing it this week. 

Questions:

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, no matter how unrealistic, where would it be? Byron Bay, AUS. 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 I have everything crossed for great NIPT results. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long ❤
  • Options
    @Patience7150 I’m so sorry you received such concerning results. That is really tough. Please keep us updated as you move forward and find out more ❤️
  • Options
    @Patience7150 Thinking of you and hoping for a perfect nipt. 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 I'm so sorry you got some scary news. Thinking of you and that everything with your nipt will be perfect. 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 I'm sorry you got concerning test results. Did your doctor explain how far elevated the risk for trisomy was? I will be thinking of you, I hope you get some answers soon.
  • Options
    @Patience7150 so sorry, praying everything looks great with your NIPT
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Patience7150 Thinking of you and hoping for a perfect nipt. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Patience7150 ok, so that's reassuring! I completely understand feeling thrown and frightened by this, I would feel the same way. But you have 98.6% chances that after a scary waiting period you will get good news and then the pregnancy can proceed just like last time, right? I hope that doesn't make you feel like I'm minimizing or invalidating your feelings, they are real and this is scary. But at the same time, things will probably work out here. I feel so hopeful for you  <3
  • Options
    @jessier19 it is so easy to feel offended when people focus on the positive aspect of it and feel minimized, so I'm trying really hard to appreciate the positivity. If someone gave me a 98.5% chance of winning the lottery, I'd feel great that I was going to win the lottery!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Patience7150 I get that and I’m so sorry if my response made you feel offended. I didn’t mean to do that to you. I’m so sorry that you’re in this scary waiting place right now. 
  • Options
    @luckyduck42 so sorry you’re facing this challenge. Not having all the answers and the “wait and see” are torture.