March 2022 Moms
Options

SOS what would you do?

Y’all help me decide what to do!  So I had my NIPT results sent to a good friend so we could be surprised at our reveal and asked for a screenshot of the results for the important stuff like trisomy and downs because my nerves are shot about it. Welllllll she accidentally included a part that said “y chromosome -none detected”  I saw she excluded the interpretation of the results which I’m sure says it’s female. I don’t think she realized what the Y chromosome part meant.  Now do I tell SO that I know? Or do I keep it to myself and act surprised with everyone else??  Also I didn’t tell my friend she let the cat out of the bag cause it would break her heart. 

Re: SOS what would you do?

• Options
    Honestly if it was me I'd probably tell him what happened and ask him if he wanted to know too or if he still wanted me to keep it a secret until the reveal (and I would still act as surprised as possible with everyone else;)
  • Options
    I'd take that to my grave. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I slept on it.  I think I’m going to keep it to myself. Technically I didn’t see the summary of the interpretation of the results, so maybe there is something I missed (doubtful but I’m convincing myself its possible). SO was on to me last night saying I know and it’s girl because there is no other reason for me to be so happy, we are thrilled for a healthy baby regardless of gender, but I always wanted a daughter because my mother and I are extremely close. I convinced him I don’t know. My son is 7 and has begged for a sibling for years, he has been watching gender reveal videos like it’s his job and this gender reveal is primarily for him. I work 12 hour night shifts 3 out of the next  5 days so I won’t be home. I think I can keep this to myself! 😬