Weekly Check-In 9/1

A few days late...

How far along are you//EDD:

Size of the baby: 

Upcoming appointments:  

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:  

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without?

Re: Weekly Check-In 9/1

• How far along are you//EDD: 21+5 / January 7

Size of the baby: bok choy

Upcoming appointments:  Sept 10 w midwife, Sept 15 PT intake 

How are you feeling?: huge and constantly irritated 

Rants/Raves: this week has been a big cluster between me forgetting stuff and my husbands schedule changing approximately five million times. I need a life coach or something lol

Questions:  anyone been diagnosed with antenatal depression? I think I need to figure out how to have that conversation with my midwife because I am struggling 

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? Maybelline SuperStay matte ink lipstick!!!

• How far along are you//EDD: 20wks 3 days

Size of the baby: Banana babe<3

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan today!

How are you feeling?: Good! Just growing a belly and enjoying second tri

Rants/Raves: Just so looking forward to fall and the weather cooling down. It finally turned a new page this week and I love it.  

Questions:  Anyone else experience their second baby positioned way lower than baby number one (who was a boy and very high!)?

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? Oh gosh! I’m obsessed with my skin care routine. Shoutout to Curology - had to stop my original prescription because of retinoids (no bueno for pregnancy), and since stopping I have noticed just how much it helps my acne and overall skin. I watch Hot and Flashy on YouTube and basically use everything she recommends in her video for Skincare in your 30s. Love it!

@MrsJessS Only was diagnosed with ppd during last pregnancy, but you should def let your midwife know so they can help you! It’s so worth it and (not sure if you’ll want this) going on anti-depressants really helped me. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you//EDD: 20w4d // January 15

Size of the baby: Banana or sweet potato, depending on what produce you like.

Upcoming appointments:  September 10th for follow up sonogram // September 28th for 24-wk checkup

How are you feeling?: Bigger by the second. It's hard to get up, and rolling over at night is a nightmare.

Rants/Raves: I have to go back in the office tomorrow for the first time since March 2020. Wah.

Questions: STM+, how far out did you order the big ticket items like the stroller, car seat, etc.?

GTKY: Red lipstick - specifically Mac's Russian Red.

• How far along are you//EDD: 22 weeks/January 5

Size of the baby: coconut

Upcoming appointments:  fetal EKG on September 13

How are you feeling?:  Huge! I have the most energy in the morning and try to do everything before noon, and then after lunch I lay down with my feet up. I can feel my legs swelling as the day goes on  :/

Rants/Raves: My MIL will be here for the next two days - she and my FIL are bouncing back between our house and my SIL's house until the fire outside of Lake Tahoe is under control. She's WAY more helpful than my FIL, so I'm looking forward to that. I also started a new 2000 piece puzzle - I LOVE listening to podcasts and doing puzzles. 

Questions:  none

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? I'm not super into a skincare routine or anything like that, but I need my eyelash curler and mascara every day, or else I look old and tired. 

@MrsJessS I don't have any advice for you, but I'm sending creepy internet stranger hugs your way.  <3

@angiemac9 I think so? I really wish I kept notes or a diary during my last pregnancies to remember what it was like. I feel like this one is positioned lower, or at least that's where she likes to punch and kick me. I seem to remember my last kid being higher in my ribs, but maybe I'm remembering more toward the end where there was less space for him. 

@fifilala516 Let's see... for my first kid, we had the baby shower a little less than 2 months before he was born, and once the shower was over, we ordered the rest of the registry stuff that we didn't get, so I want to say we received everything we needed about 6-7 weeks before he was born. 

• How far along are you/EDD: 22w4d

Size of the baby: Ear of corn, or Spaghetti squash (depending on the app)

Upcoming appointments:  September 13 for my 24week check up.  Bummed that it won't include an ultrasound.  All of my previous appointments have!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good.  Occasional RLP.  Decent energy, but I'm usually wiped by 9pm. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - Husband is gone 2 weekends this month (1x for work, the other for fun).  Not a big deal, but it can make for a long weekend after an already long week.  Also, I'm on cycle this year for evaluation, which means I get formally observed 2x this year (not a big deal), and have to complete a portfolio - which I'll either have to have done by December, or I'll have to do it during maternity leave, since it's due March 1. 

Rave - School has gotten off to a good start (for the most part).  I'm BEYOND grateful for a student teacher right now.  AND, I just got notice that my teaching license renewal has been processed and awarded.  It expires March 2022, so I'm glad that it's one less thing I have to worry about/remember when I have a newborn. 

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? Facial moisturizer.  I have a pretty oily T-zone, but very dry cheeks.  If I ever forget moisturizer, my face feels like a dried out desert and it's super uncomfortable. 

@fifilala516, Most of our big ticket items were being covered by our parents and were intended as shower gifts.  However, my son came before any of my showers happened.  We did not have a carseat, stroller, or rocker in our possession when he was born.  My ILs had to go buy it for us.  He was in the NICU for 18 days though, so it wasn't a big rush.  Luckily my parents had the crib ordered and shipped to us ahead of time.  I literally got it set up the week my son was born.  But even if we didn't have it, it was okay, because we didn't really use it until he was about 8 weeks old.  Our pack and play we bought 2nd hand from a friend who was done having kids. The dresser we bought using a gift card we won on a radio contest.  We ordered it about 4 or 5 months before we were due. 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you//EDD: 22w4d Jan 1

Size of the baby: coconut

Upcoming appointments:  tomorrow and Friday. Reg OB checkup and fetal ekg respectively. I think my partner can come to the one on Friday!!

How are you feeling?: annoyed and stretched. Annoyed at the way the in laws treated me when we told them about the baby this past weekend. Stretched because nugget’s not exactly a nugget anymore.

Rants/Raves: see above

Questions: anyone else have giant veins popping out of their nipples? 😬

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? Sunscreen

• @MrsJessS I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing about your struggles. Definitely let your midwife know what is going on. If you don't already have a therapist, look into finding one who specializes in perinatal issues. We are all going through so many transitions - our bodies, our hormones, our ideas about the future... it's a lot. Sometimes we need support to sort through all these complex things. I am speaking from both a personal and professional place. While I have not been diagnosed with depression specifically related to pregnancy, I have struggled with major depressive disorder in the past. I know this makes me higher risk for perinatal depression so I have been monitoring my symptoms carefully (and checking in with my therapist). Professionally, I work in mental health and am extremely passionate about the importance of mental/emotional care. 

Bottom line, there is help and support out there for you. You do not have to struggle alone. I know it can take a lot of energy and effort to reach out, but it so worth it. 💛

• How far along are you//EDD: 19w6d / Jan 20

Size of the baby: mango

Upcoming appointments: Friday! Ultrasound/anatomy

How are you feeling?: Currently trying to take it easy. I know I have the tendency to stress so I've been working on slowing down and tuning into my needs. 

Rants/Raves: I can FINALLY drink a small cup of coffee without wanting to vomit! Woohoo!

Questions:  none that I can think of!

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? I am awful at this sort of thing and have never found products that I stick with (plus I'm not really a huge make up person). BUT recently I discovered a brand of mascara that I LOVE. Mascara has always been tough for me because I am a redhead. So, if you are also a ginger,  I would highly recommend Redhead Revolution. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 20 weeks 4 days

Size of the baby: a squeeze it juice

Upcoming appointments:  Sept 20th i have my 24 week app plus the nasty diabetes drink that week 😖

How are you feeling?: tired and sore 

Rants/Raves: 

raves: it’s unofficially fall and tons of fairs are coming to our town this month and i’ve missed them so much!!!

rants: work starts back up next week 

Questions:  

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? ugh i’m horrible and never stick with a product. i guess dry shampoo? does that count? and some sort of eyeliner and mascara. i buy different brands every time 

• @angiemac9 not with my second but definitely now with my 3rd! in the beginning i thought i was getting a UTI there was so much pressure down there. and his heartbeat is always still super low. and some times after walking i need to sit the pressure is crazy. i told my doc and she said because it’s my 3rd and things just fall lower and lower. she wasn’t concerned. im secretly hoping it means he’ll be a week or 2 early! 
  • firewife_911firewife_911 member
    edited September 2021

How far along are you//EDD: 21 weeks & 2 days / Due Jan. 14 2022

Size of the baby: Eggplant

Upcoming appointments:  Oct. 6 (My 25 birthday) then a follow up US on Oct. 13 due to the baby having slight Pyelectasis in both kidneys (also apparently very common in boys, so anyone else have this issue?)

How are you feeling?: I have felt basically not even pregnant this whole pregnancy except the last week/ week & a half. I have had a lot of back pain & abdominal pain, as well as pressure. I did go to L&D to get an exam & she reassured me that baby & I are okay. Most likely growing pains & constipated lol. 

Rants/Raves: I have been feeling him move like CRAZY. I am doing this a 3 am since I can’t sleep because of It LOL. This is my first pregnancy & I have like severe anxiety about EVERYTHINGGGG. Every ache, every weird feeling, & every weird thing that comes out of my body (just discharge) throws me into a tizzy. Feeling him move makes me feel so much better though, just not at 3 am !

Questions:  Anyone else that is having a boy have Pyelectasis? it’s basically just an increased collection of urine in part of the kidney. I’ve read & was told by my doctor it’s common in boys, but also makes Down Syndrome a high risk. I am not super worried about that though, as he has no other markers, & my blood test put him at the lowest probability. You never know though. Anyone else feeling crazy movement? Sometimes It feels like he’s running!! 

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? Definitely mascara . Changes my whole face!

• How far along are you//EDD: 20+1/Jan 23

Size of the baby: banana?

Upcoming appointments:  OB in a few weeks. More importantly, a haircut next week. 

How are you feeling?: mostly fine. Tired from not getting decent sleep. It's a concerted effort to roll over in bed. 

Rants/Raves: love feeling him move, which seems to mostly be through the night at this point. 

Questions:  anyone else really not feel like putting on makeup like they used to? I used to love putting my face on, but since 1. Having my son, and 2. This pandemic, I can't muster the energy or care to really do it. In Ontario, we have to wear masks everywhere in public, so why even bother? 

I guess it's not even just my makeup...half the time, I go out in public with bedhead and really don't care. 

Seems like I'm lacking motivation and ambition with regard to personal hygiene at this point lol

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? 

Chapstick? I can't go anywhere without it. Maybe concealer for my eye bags, or mascara cuz I'm a half ginger and my eyelashes are light. 

• @firewife_911 no sorry. Haven't dealt with this, but haven't had the anatomy scan yet. 
    I'm sure everything is fine! And try not to stress about all of the weird feelings in pregnancy: there's always something new and weird, and it never ends lol. 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 20w

Size of the baby: banana

Upcoming appointments:  anatomy scan tomorrow 

How are you feeling?: I had terrible tooth pain again (from clenching) this past week and I swear it was worse than labor not being able to take anything besides Tylenol while my face was throbbing for 48 hrs straight. Thankfully I’m feeling better now. Nausea is mostly gone but seems to show up randomly here and there. Energy is a bit better but it’s still a struggle to get in workouts. 

Rants/Raves: rant: see above. Rave: so so so grateful my tooth pain is gone. Also, H is just awesome all the time and I’m so thankful to get to go through this pregnancy with him. XH (DS’s dad) was so uninvolved and such a crappy husband. Life is so much different and better now and I’m just so grateful. 

Questions:  

GTKY: What's one beauty/cosmetic/skincare item you can't live without? I really like the drunk elephant skin products and absolutely would not survive without face lotion. Mascara is also a must have.

@angiemac9 LO feels lower compared to DS

@fifilala516 after the anatomy scan is when I bought big ticket items last time. Last week we bought the glider, crib, dresser and car seat because some things are so back ordered even though I don’t have my anatomy scan until tomorrow. We’re having hardwood put in the nursery and once that’s finished we’ll get going on ordering the smaller things. 

• @laurabridget Wouldn’t that be nice!!