March 2022 Moms
Options

Baby Prediction Thread!

I know some of us are starting to get results already, but I thought it might be fun to make some last minute sex predictions as well as piggybacking on this week's check in question (what traits you hope LO gets) and guessing what you think LO will look like. Also maybe take a guess if you think baby will come early, late, or right in time. Might be fun to look back later and see how right or wrong we were.

So, anyone care to take a guess? What do you think you're having, when do you think baby will make their appearance, and what do you think they'll look like?

Re: Baby Prediction Thread!

• Options
    I'll start (because it's after midnight, my girls are running around playing, and I feel like dirt so I need a distraction).

I *think* I'm having another girl. I'm basing this on how similar this pregnancy is to DD1. But my guesses are usually crap this early so it will probably end up being a boy :)

In terms of due date, I'm going to be a RCS so I'm going to guess March 14th (which would be 39 weeks). DD1 was 2 days late and DD2 was a RCS at 39+5.

Looks...I'm going to guess white blond curly hair...but that it will be dark at birth since both my girls were born with dark hair that went blond. I would love SO's green eyes so that all 3 children would have different colours, but I'm guessing brown:)
  • Options
    I know the sex (reveal party this afternoon) so I won’t cheat on that one but will share later once DH finds out.

I will likely be a RCS so my due date is March 14 but I imagine I’ll schedule before 40 weeks so I’ll guess March 5. 

Looks-wise, I’d love to have another strawberry blond ginger. DH loves my eyes (baby blue) and DS has his Hazel which I love. But it would be fun to have a blue eyed babe. I think I’ll guess though that this baby will be more blond than ginger. 

DS was 7 lbs 1 oz at 40 weeks so I’ll guess if I have RCS a week or so earlier this baby will be 6 lbs 6 oz. But I hope it’s closer to 7. 7 is such a perfect size, not toooo tiny but not a bowling ball either. 😂 I’ve heard the baby weight aligns with the maternal line more so than paternal (so if your mom had big babies, you will too). All us kids were between 6 and 7 lbs so I’m thinking that’s roughly the size my genetics tend to produce. 

@Panaceia I wish we had curls in our family! But everyone has stick straight hair. I’ve always envied curls! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rachelredhead SO and I both have curls, as does DD1, but DD2's hair is bone straight. It's so crazy!!! I would love to have strawberry blond or red hair in my family. My cousins have it but sadly I don't think we have the gene:(

I totally forgot about baby size!!! DD1 was 8.8, and DD2 was 7.8, I'm going to guess they deliver this one earlier than DD2 so I'm going with 7.4....

• Options
    Ohhh well we are having another girl. I want to say she will look like DD (light brown straight hair, dark brown eyes, and pale skin), but when I was pregnant with DD I had a dream about a little strawberry blonde girl with curls. I think that is totally possible for this baby. DH has a reddish beard and lighter hair and my dad has super curly hair. 

DD was a due date baby, so I'm hoping for the same with this one. I definitely don't want to go early. I have no idea on weight. Probably average lol. DD was 6.12.
  • Options
    I think this will be another girl, somewhere between 39 and 40 weeks. I also think we're going to break the 10lb barrier this time (dd1 was 8lbs 11oz, dd2 was 9lbs 13oz). My last two have been very convenient in terms of the dogs/dd1 already being at my parents house. Now that we're up to 4 dogs and have 2 kids, I don't think it'll be as convenient, but I'm much more confident in the hospital so won't mind if DH has to buzz home to deal with the dogs so this isn't something that stresses me out.
  • Options
    I have no idea.
    I was thinking girl because this pregnancy has already been so different.
    But I dreamed it was a boy. So it's probably going to be a boy.

I'm going to guess... 10lb 6oz.

I imagine they will adjust my EDD on Friday. But Currently it's March 25. Because of work/school, I hope baby doesn't come early since I have an exam on March 23😅. 
    I'll guess baby makes an appearance March 26. OB will probably want to induce me again, but the sweep was excruciating last time, so I'm not super interested In that right now. But we will see when we get there.

I hope baby looks like their brother. I think DS is adorable so I'm happy to have them share some features haha.
    DH has curly hair, and mine is so straight, it doesn't hold a curl despite product. DS is half straight and half curls haha. And he has gorgeous blue eyes. It's only a 25% chance for our kids to get those blue eyes so it probably won't happen again haha.
  • Options
    I am predicting girl for me - and I will know soon so lets see how this prediction shakes out. 
    I am due around the 19th or the 21st - waiting on OB to say for sure. My OB likes to do the RCS on exactly 39 weeks so I am guessing March 14 for the delivery date. 
    Looks-wise, I am thinking brown hair blue eyes (like me). Hubby is brown hair brown eyes. DS is blonde with blue and DD is brown and brown. 
    Weight wise, I am guessing 7lbs. both of my kids were between 7 and 7.3
  • Options
    @rachelredhead - how did the reveal party go? can you tell us now?
  • Options
    I’m guessing boy! Symptoms are very different than with DD, more headaches, salty/spicy cravings, sweets make me feel sick, and my skin is much clearer! Cell free DNA was sent today so I’ll know soon.

Due date is March 12th, but I’m also a RCS so I’m looking at the week before. DH likes the idea of 3/3/22 but that might be a little early.

Looks? DH is Asian, I’m white, so our kids will definitely look more like him than me. I’m hoping one of them gets my green eyes though!
  • Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited August 2021
    @quiltandknit My brother is very dark featured (dark brown hair and brown eyes) and his wife is Korean (black hair and dark brown eyes). Of their 3 children (all teenagers now) the oldest has blond hair and blue eyes, the second has brown hair and turquoise/green eyes, and only the third has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Genetics are crazy!

ETA only the blond blue eyed one has her mom's Asian features!
  • Options
    @Panaceia that’s wild! DD definitely looks like a mix of us, she has my lighter skin and brown hair but his brown eyes and more Asian features. My BIL and SIL are like us and my nephew looks very similar. So curious to see what our future kids look like!
  • Options
    100% certain this is a girl because of how wildly different this pregnancy is. I went to 38+6 with my 8lb1oz first baby and wondering if this babe will come a little sooner. Going to guess 7lb13oz and 21.5 inches long born at 37+5. Our first is strawberry blonde and would love to continue that trend but happy with however the genes decide to code.
  • Options
    I have no freaking clue on sex. We are team green so i am trying not to convince myself one way or another so i don't have birthday disappointment. I vacillated on what i thought DD was all last pregnancy and never got a firm feeling. We'll see if anything comes with this one.  

I'm due on the 20th and haven't decided on VBAC/RCS yet. Honestly, I'm leaning RCS because i had a pretty good recovery and it seems much more convenient to plan, but i know it's a major surgery so i shouldn't decide on convenience. DD came at exactly 39 weeks, but she was breech and i had low fluid. I had absolutely no signs of labor. 

DD is a mix of me and DH. If you ask my family she looks exactly like me, if you ask his, exactly like him. We both have british isles genes (so generally nondescript lol). I assume this kiddo will also have brown hair, blue/green eyes, and be tall- just like the rest of us :)

• Options
    Well I know it’s a boy so no guess there, I’m thinking he will be 4 days late so 3/7 and 7lbs6oz 21 inches. 

Something keeps telling me he won’t look like his brother, so I’m struggling to picture him
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I’m gonna guess girl. DS was 38+6 and 6lb 10oz. So I’m guessing this babe will be 39+4(would like to cross that 39 week threshold this time around little baby!) and 7lb 2 oz. we have SO MANY birthdays in April in our families so I don’t want to go over at all 😂(and I’m also a March birthday) 
    and I’m sure we’ll have another brown eyed brown hair kiddo. Both of us are brown/brown and DH is part native. But I do have a sprinkling of blue eyes and red hair in my family so that’s be interesting 🤔
  • Options
    I’m going to guess girl. I went to 39+4 with DD and I am going to guess sometime in week 39 for this one too. I have fine, wavy hair that is a golden, reddish brown and DH has dark, thick, curly hair. DD has my hair color with a bit of curl from DH. I think DD’s hair is a lovely mix of DH and I and would love for this baby to have the same! DD has DH’s brown eyes and I suspect this baby will too. DD has many of DH’s facial features, so maybe this baby will have more of mine!
  • Options
    I've been guessing girl because my symptoms so far have been much closer to when I had DD than DS. However, I've had dream 2 nights in a row about an infant boy and I've been more turned on lately. I don't remember being that way with DD but I do with DS. I'm team green though and I hope I stick to that course!

My mom has small babies but I do NOT (despite the fact that I'm only 5'1" and have no torso at all). My first was induced at 41 weeks and 8,4 my 2nd was induced at 40+1 and 7,15. I have a feeling he would have come before 41 weeks if I had waited another few days. If I can hold out this time, I'm guessing I'll go a couple days after my due date, so 3/17 or so. And I'm guessing baby will be about 8 lbs.

Last time I begged to be induced because I was having splitting headaches and shooting sciatica pain. DS has the cord wrapped around his neck twice and the doc thought my headaches may have been transferred pain to encourage me to get him out before he went into distress. 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 DS1 was 8lbs 3oz and DS2 was 10lbs 1oz. I’m praying for a 8-9lbs with this one lol 
  • Options
    I'm guessing this baby will look more like my husband (curly black hair, dark brown eyes, olive complexion). I'm white with straight brown hair and brown eyes, and our son is a cross of the two of us (dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, with skin that's my color in winter but tans way more than mine in the summer). 

I have no idea if this is a boy or a girl, I feel like whichever I guess it will end up being the other. But I have my blood draw for genetic testing tomorrow morning, so I guess I will know soon!

With my son I went into labor on his due date, and he was born the next day at 7lbs 10oz. But my labor with him started with my water breaking, and they say that's not predictive of future labors, so who knows if this one will go early or late or somewhere in between. I'm guessing average size.
  • Options
    Thought girl and it was a GIRL. Mine was based on my skin and such severe nausea