April 2022 Moms
Options

***TW*** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

This thread is for support and questions around spotting/bleeding. 

❤️

Conversations surrounding these issues can be discussed here freely. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support. The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support. 3

Copied from Feb BMB

Re: ***TW*** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

• Options
    I've seen this on other boards and thought it might be a good spot for those of us with any spotting or concerns here.

Selfishly starting a little for me... when I put in my progesterone today there were a few very light brown spots on the applicator when I pulled it out. I took it super late today and I was a lot less nauseous the last couple of days. I know it's probably just irritation of some sort, and it's not enough for a phone call to the doctor, but it is (coupled with taking it late and the symptoms) enough for me to be freaking out. My next appt is not for another 3 weeks...
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 Here for you and sending all the good vibes. There isn’t much comfort to be had from reading a stranger’s Internet message, but I’m rooting for you and your little one. I’m sure it’s the worst feeling when you want something done about it to fix it immediately but you know what your MD is going to say if you call (basically, just to wait and see, which is so awful mentally and I feel for you). If it would ease your mind, just go ahead and give them a quick call, it couldn’t hurt and maybe they would see you sooner?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @aloha_mama thank you for your support <3 I just needed a place to put it and let out my worries. I just put in my night dose and there was nothing on the applicator, so I'm going to take that as a good sign. If I notice it again then I'll definitely be putting a call into my doctor. First tri is so hard - so many unknowns!
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 It’s so ridiculous, isn’t it? I don’t remember being this anxious about things with my first. But I feel now like if I have symptoms then something is definitely wrong, but if I don’t have symptoms then something is definitely wrong. (?) 
  • Options
    @fameonmain2, just wanted to say thinking about you!

Glad it was light spotting and it stopped, it’s a  great sign. I spotted after sex with my last 2 pregnancies in first trimester, it’s just sensitive down there.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @queenklau thank you ♥️ Nothing since then so I’m hoping it was nothing. The suppositories have been irritating me more lately so it could totally be that. I’ll just have to be patient for my next u/s!
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 Glad it stopped. Had frequent spotting when on the suppositories with DS and know it's stressful. Hope it stays away for you now. *Hugs*
  • Options
    fameonmain2fameonmain2 member
    edited August 2021
    @jennykatedvm thanks <3 hoping that I overreacted, there's been nothing since that one time on the applicator and it was really a tan-like color.... could be a million things, but it didn't look like blood (now that I've had time to reflect away from my overreaction). Thankful for everyone's support here though, it so helps
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 Glad to hear it hasn’t happened again! 
  • Options
    7w3d. First pregnancy. I started spotting Monday night, bleeding Tuesday morning. Went into my OB and my cervix was closed, ultrasound found a weak heartbeat. Blood test came back with 631 HCG. Went today for RhoGAM. They did another ultrasound today and the heartbeat was there but too weak to measure. Getting another HCG check tomorrow to benchmark, then I have to wait until next Tuesday…I’m just…. Broken…
  • Options
    I’m so sorry knottie! Thinking of you 
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Options
    @jennykatedvm Will be thinking of you and sending good vibes. Could the disappearing twin make the other one measure a little bit smaller than expected? I know nothing about twins so just ignore me if that’s not a valid thought. 
  • Options
    So sorry your going through this knottie. Sending you hugs ♥️.

@Ivorytower2 No idea, maybe? Trying to keep positive since HR was >100. Very similar to the scan I had a few weeks prior to my MMC though, so hard not to worry. 
  • Options
    @knottie I’m so sorry ❤️ Sending hugs your way. 

@jennykatedvm I don’t know anything about vanishing twin but I am sending good vibes your way ❤️
  • Options
    @jennykatedvm I’m thinking of you. I liked @Ivorytower2 ‘s idea that a split embryo could slightly readjust your dates, but I don’t know how any of that works. >100 HR is a good sign. FX for you.

@knottiec0c2b15971dce393 I can’t imagine how hard this is. My heart goes out to you. ❤️

• Options

@knottiec0c2b15971dce393 I am so sorry. Praying for you♡

• Options
    Started bleeding this morning. 10wks exactly. 
  • Options
    @todzillamom Oh no! How heavy is it?
  • Options
    @todzillamom Hope everything is okay! Thinking of you!
  • Options
    @todzillamom *Hugs* Hoping you're able to get checked out and it's not serious! ♥️
  • Options
    @todzillamom hopefully not too serious! Thinking of you. 
  • Options
    It's not too bad yet, but feels like like it did with all my others. Trying to not believe anything yet. But totally stuck in my head. 
    I thought I didn't have any superstition, but maternity clothes arrived in the mail today. Feels like I jinxed everything.  Should have waited until after 13 wks to start believing this was real. 
  • Options
    Don't borrow trouble! Although I understand completely how hard this is. Hugs to you while you wait for answers.
  • Options
    So sorry that is happening. But you didn't jinx anything. I've thought the same thing a few times but it's always ok to enjoy the good things and times when they are here. Hope things get better. Will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    @todzillamom, please don’t beat yourself up about this. We have little influence in these situations. Don’t get ahead of yourself. Will the doctor try to fit you in for an ultrasound? FX it’s nothing!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @todzillamom sending positive vibes your way ♥️♥️ Hopefully it’s nothing. 
  • Options
    @zamoraspin2 Hope both of yours are looking strong at your scan Thursday! Will be thinking about you also.
    Thanks for the story about your friends survivor doing well. Hopefully all of our little nuggets will have done some catching up this by week. 
  • Options
    Feeling anxious. Had some spotting (bright red) and passed a few dime sized clots Saturday. Of course it’s a holiday weekend. Trying to stay positive and basically put myself of pelvic rest. Still a bit of spotting yesterday. Hoping it was an sch or something. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Avrilmai I'm so sorry, it's so stressful not knowing! Sounds similar to my weekend. Just read about sch and chosing to believe that's all it is. Sending positive vibes that our little beans are doing ok in there! 
  • Options
    Thinking of you guys! Hope it’s nothing and hope you are able to relax a bit! ❤️
  • Options
    @Avrilmai I’m sorry, I know how scary that is. Can you get a u/s scheduled or do you have one this week? 
  • Options
    I'm hoping everyone gets comforting ultrasounds this week after this holiday weekend! @Avrilmai and @todzillamom way to have positive thoughts and here's hoping its just an SCH and everything is fine!
  • Options
    @Avrilmai here’s hoping it’s nothing! Sending positive vibes your way
  • Options
    Thanks y’all. 

@zamoraspin2 I plan to call tomorrow if they can’t get me in I may just ask one of my coworkers to do a quick scan. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    My last pregnancy (13 years ago!) was a vanishing twin.  At my 8ish week appointment there was a sac and a small fetus (about half the size of my daughter) but no heartbeat.  I had had light spotting a couple weeks earlier but had no issues after that and my daughter was born healthy
  • Options
    Just went in for my ultrasound today. Supposed to be 9w and she couldn't get a reading on the regular ultrasound, only a sac. She did the transvaginal and there is a fetus measuring 6 weeks but no heartbeat. She wants me to come back for another ultrasound in a week to see if there is any growth or changes. Has anyone had a similar situation that turned out ok? I'm trying to not worry but I'm not holding out much hope. There's no way my dates would be off by that much.
  • Options
    @sarahhedger7 I’m sorry you’re going through this ❤️ I don’t have any stories one way or the other, but I’m sending lots of support
  • Options
    @sarahhedger7 I'm so sorry, this must be so frustrating to not know whats happening. Sending positive vibes and prayers during this nasty week wait.