March 2022 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In 8/26

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Re: PGAL Check-In 8/26

• Options
    Weeks/EDD? 10+3 / March 21

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 2 MMCs (14 weeks and 10 weeks) in 2017 and 2018, 1 CP 2020, 1MC (7 weeks) 2021

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically I'm barely functional. Somewhat reassuring but even if something happened my hcg would be so high at this point that the symptoms would still be just as strong anyways. Emotionally super stressed. I'm super worried about the NIPT and the 12 week scan. I think I might get a little more comfortable if we have good results from both of those, but at the moment I am high stress.

Any appointment updates? NIPT on Monday, NT scan on the 8th, GP on the 10th, OB on the 13th

Any big milestones? Just need to get through these next 2 weeks with good news and good results 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just SOOOOOOOOOO sick.
  • Options
    night_nursenight_nurse member
    edited August 2021
    @Panaceia so sorry you are still feeling so terrible and stressed. Hoping for the best results on NIPT and NT scan 🤞🏼 The waiting is the absolute worst.

Weeks/EDD? 12 weeks today! 3/10/21
    Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC in April of this year
    How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically I feel like I have finally rounded a corner. Nausea/vomiting has gone from 24/7 to just occasionally throughout the day. Really helps having zofran now too instead of onoy meds that made me super drowsy. Emotionally I am really looking forward to my 12 week appt. i feel like it is something else to check off the list. Really bummed it had to be rescheduled to next week.
    Any appointment updates? 12 week/NT appt on 8/31
    Any big milestones? I feel like hitting 12 weeks is a pretty big milestone. I read that chance of MC drops to less than 3% once you’re here. Im still not ready to officially start telling people. Only a couple family members know. And that’s okay for now.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Great appt at the chiropractor today. I love their integrative and holistic approach to treatment. I still love western medicine but like having non-medicated options. They gave me a referral to pelvic floor PT too but it is cash only and I’m not sure yet if we can afford it.

**edited to remove a random emoji in place of the 3%
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @night_nurse 12 weeks is huge! That's one of the reasons I'll feel slightly calmer if I can just get past 12 weeks and the NIPT! So glad you are feeling better and that your chiropractor has been so good. I went all the way through my first pregnancy and it was soooooo helpful!
  • Options
    btate01btate01 member
    edited August 2021
    @night_nurse @Panaceia I’ve been using this chart when I start feeling nervous!  It has really helped me because it tells you the probability percentage that you *won’t* miscarry based on how far along you are!

https://datayze.com/miscarriage-chart
  • Options
    @Panaceia your NIPT is so soon! Cannot wait to hear all about the healthy babe

@night_nurse yayy for 12 weeks!

@btate01 right there with you on the emotional rollercoaster

Weeks/EDD? 13w1d

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC April this year

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically I’m feeling much better, but my hips are starting to ache 

Any appointment updates? Not till 9/17, I’m also having my cervix measured then so I’m hoping I can see babe too

Any big milestones? Not this week, I’ll be happy next Thursday when I’m in the 2nd tri 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I will say maybe my big milestone is buying some new maternity tees, made me feel secure and confident in the pregnancy. Not sure where a ton of my stuff went, but glad to have some new things that fit because the bump is here this week 😳
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited August 2021
    @gembud Thank you 😊 Can't wait for Monday so I can start waiting for the results to come back! I'm still hoping I get them back before my NT scan...ALSO I had a dream last that you quit your job to stay home with the boys!
  • Options
    @Panaceia i'm so sorry you're feeling so badly. I hope you get some miracle and things resolve for you soon!
    @night_nurse yep! 12 weeks is a big step! yay for you!!
    @btate01 I think sometimes telling people helps me feel like it's real. And even if i have a loss, i would tell my close friends anyway. The people i've told have always been extremely supportive of my losses. 
    @gembud... I've been putting it off but i thinkit's time for me to go fish around in my closet for the maternity clothes.... 

Weeks/EDD? 10.5 3/20

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 3 early losses 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? physically i'm actually feeling the best i have yet. My nausea is mostly gone, Im tired but better than the last few weeks. Emotionally I'm a wreck. The SCH has me so anxious. Anytime the bleeding picks up at all, gets more red, etc i am convinced that it's turning into a miscarriage. I know there's nothing i can do about it either way, but i wish i could feel the baby already so i could at least have some reassurance. 

Any appointment updates? consult with genetics monday, 1st tri screen and OB check sept 10. 

Any big milestones? we're past all losses which is great. Baby was moving around and had a strong heartbeat when we went for the emergency US on wednesday.

Rants/Raves/Questions? just ready to be able to feel this baby...and also be far enough along to look clearly pregnant (i do now but i feel like it's way too early to look this big). Trying to hide it at work isn't going great so I'm going to figure out how to share with my team in the coming weeks. Not looking forward to that. 
  • Options
    @morgantu +1 to looking way too big this early! Mine is mostly bloat, so I'm not too big wgen I wake up, but by the time I go to bed I look full term:/ I hope the bleeding resolves soon. I can't imagine the stress that must come with that. I started feeling DD2 around 13 weeks (only on the sides because I had an anterior placenta like I did with DD1) so FX you start feeling those flutters soon!!!!
  • Options
    @morgantu thank you for the reassurance!  I know you’re right about sharing with friends, but I think I’m just a little traumatized because last time I shared with all of my friends I miscarried within a week and then had to tell all of them, so that was hard for me.  They were all super supportive and great, I just can’t shake that “jinxing it” it feeling!

Also, I totally get your stress about your SCH.  I was the exact same way.  Hang in there, I hope your bleeding stops soon!
  • Options
    And I woke up feeling good today...and now I'm soooooooo stressed. I can't believe I'm begging for the nausea to come back...
  • Options
    @Panaceia i haaaaate that roller coaster of emotions. Such a mind game. My symptoms were very cyclical- could almost estimate which days in advance I would be really sick vs not, but it still never reassured me to rationalize it that way. Hate that you are going through that.
  • Options
    @Panaceia how ya feeling today? On one hand I want you to feel well but also hope you feel reassured. 
  • Options
    We have our gender reveal tomorrow and I’m excited but also irrationally worried I’m jinxing us. We have an US on Wednesday and I just wish I’d snuck in a private US or something before the party. I have no reason to be concerned, I’ve only had good news so far, 12w on Monday, and my prior losses happened much earlier. But I’m still anxious. I’m hoping I can just feel joy tomorrow and not anxiety. A boost of energy would be appreciated, too. 
  • Options
    @morgantu Thanks for thinking of me ❤ I feel like absolute dirt today and back to not being able to keep anything down...I keep telling myself if it was something bad then my symptoms wouldn't have returned in full force today, bit it's hard to convince my PGAL brain...

@rachelredhead I totally get it. I have no reason to think anything is wrong, but I am still expecting bad news at my 12 week us. I have stupidly pulled my doppler out 3 days in a row and it is just confusing...so I had SO take it out of the house today. I'm sure everything will go perfectly for you on Wednesday and can't wait to hear about tomorrow's party!!!!!