April 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 08/25

Re: Weekly Randoms 08/25

• Options
    I have a wedding this weekend and bought 2 dresses before I found out I was pregnant. They are both a little tight now but the size up is way too big around the boobs. Time to go see if I can find something else.
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 aw man that stinks! I have 3 at the end of September/beginning of October that I’m holding off on buying dresses for as long as I possibly can 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 Any empire waist options? 
  • Options
    Bacon, avocado, and cheese sandwiches are life right now. 

And yes, I am the epitome of health 😂😂
  • Options
    I have found the one thing that I can keep down

its bacon

@monstera13 ditto!!!
  • Options
    BAC all the way!!  
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @monstera13 oh that's a great idea I'll definitely look! And your sandwich sounds amazing.
  • Options
    So I saw the OB today (posted in the ultrasound thread), and it wasn't *my* OB technically, but I've only seen my OB once because we moved here 6 months after DD was born, so I only had one pap done since then. There are 8 doctors in the practice, and you just get whoever is on call that day to deliver you (same as our practice in NYC). They gave me the option to try to stick with one doctor for most of the pregnancy and rotate through at the end or just kind of see whoever is available for all appointments. I opted for the latter. I feel like last time I wish I'd gotten to know the doctors more throughout? Because I ended up liking one of them way more than my regular OB (and was lucky because she's the one who delivered me), and since I don't have that strong of a relationship with "my" OB it doesn't seem as awkward to switch around and see who I like best. But then the doctor today was almost more so giving me the hard sell on staying with her as the OB for my pregnancy? So, I don't know if it will end up being kind of weird. Alas, social awkwardness abounds. 
  • Options
    aloha_mamaaloha_mama member
    edited August 2021
    @doxiemoxie212 I totally agree with @kiwi2628, don’t ever feel bad about your medical decisions. If they try to shame you about it then screw them! You don’t have time for that.

edited because autocorrect turned “shame” into “shake,” but also don’t let anyone shake you either lol
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that's such and interesting concept. to see all providers. I see the benefits of both ways. Personally I prefer to stick with one, but I'm in a very different situation (i've been seeing her for like 15 years). I work in a clinic where you basically get who is on that day and that can be beneficial for some as well. 

can you float around in these early appts and then if you find someone you really like have that person when you get to the more frequent/weekly appts?

@miss_lynn9 ugh, I hope you find something that you feel comfortable in. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    LOL i had this issue so often i ended up getting my wedding band tattoed on!
  • Options
    we’re going to tell my dad and his wife this weekend. We don’t want to make a big production of it. What are some simple ways to surprise someone? We already got DS a shirt for announcing to the rest of the family. I’m leaning towards just doing the shirt thing twice 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    I went on SUCH an awesome solo hike today and had a great time. So beautiful seeing all the waterfalls and nice to have alone time in nature!
  • Options
    @monstera13 that sounds lovely!! I've been wanting to go hiking. We only go to go once this summer. We're going to get close to the mountains for the wedding this weekend so I'm hoping we can drive on over and go.
  • Options
    jennykatedvmjennykatedvm member
    edited August 2021
    @monstera13 I'm so jealous of your hiking options there. So many great trails so close...*sigh* Miss it!! Glad you got to get out and enjoy some alone time 😁
  • Options
    I'm sitting here getting a little emotional looking at my 4.5 year old thinking... "I'm pregnant now... he'll be such a great big brother" because my appointment is Monday and the last time I had a "first appointment" it did not go well.  Just trying to sit in this moment and enjoy it.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I agree with everyone else-do what makes sense to you and don't feel bad! Also, FWIW, I agree with your idea of seeing all the different doctors. I have always bopped around at a practice and taken whoever was on call for delivery-and they were all three were good experiences. You're absolutely right-by the time someone delivered the baby, I at least new one face in the room each time, which was nice. 
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited August 2021
    Hit reply to soon on my last post, then posted again-I should have just done it all in one, and I can't delete. Oh well!

First day of school was today! It went pretty well but the heat was really difficult to deal with! Glad its only a two day week and can't wait for it to cool down soon!

@monstera13 jealous of your solo hike! It's brutally hot here right now but I can't wait to get out on one when it cools down on Saturday!

• Options
    Avrilmai said:
    @doxiemoxie212 that's such and interesting concept. to see all providers. I see the benefits of both ways. Personally I prefer to stick with one, but I'm in a very different situation (i've been seeing her for like 15 years). I work in a clinic where you basically get who is on that day and that can be beneficial for some as well. 

can you float around in these early appts and then if you find someone you really like have that person when you get to the more frequent/weekly appts?

@miss_lynn9 ugh, I hope you find something that you feel comfortable in. 
    I think they auto-float you at the end regardless, but obviously postpartum I could pick one to be my ongoing gyn.

I think I'll go to the midwife virtual meet n greet next month too and see if I'd prefer to use them (they're part of the same clinic - there's really just one clinic in the county lol).
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 This is a bit of a late comment (keyboard thing so irritating - makes posting much harder) but  I really like the floating style. My midwife practice encourages it and it's nice to be able to get to know them all a bit better through the whole process since you never know who'll you be with in the end. 
    I also second @kiwi2628 - definitely not your responsibility to attend to your caregiver's feelings. Though it may just have been that she really enjoyed chatting with you and wouldn't mind having more pleasant visits with you! So take it as a compliment, but do what works for you.