April 2022 Moms

Freaking Out!!

Hi all! So my husband and I just found out today I’m pregnant.  Based on my calculations, i think I’m probably 8 weeks, but don’t know.  I’ve been on the pill for 3.5 years and don’t remember missing a pill or starting a pack late (but I must have somewhere) and I think my last period was end of June?  My OB appointment isn’t until next week, but just looking for advice.  My husband does NOT want another baby.  He loves our 2 kids (6 &3), but has been adamant since our son was born never again.  He was going to get a vasectomy but chickened out.  So here we are, he wants to terminate it and I am conflicted because I know he will not be supportive if we do have a 3rd and rewinding time back to a newborn sounds terrible to me too.  So much of a back story, but he is a great father and I’m hoping he will come around as we just found out today and I think that he does agree with me that if the baby has a heartbeat I won’t be able to do that (he said he’s not a heartless monster, but it’s a lose/ lose situation).  Has anyone else ever been in a situation like this?  Please no judgements as this is very difficult for me right now and I am already feeling terrible.  TIA! 

Re: Freaking Out!!

• Hi all! So my husband and I just found out today I’m pregnant.  Based on my calculations, i think I’m probably 8 weeks, but don’t know.  I’ve been on the pill for 3.5 years and don’t remember missing a pill or starting a pack late (but I must have somewhere) and I think my last period was end of June?  My OB appointment isn’t until next week, but just looking for advice.  My husband does NOT want another baby.  He loves our 2 kids (6 &3), but has been adamant since our son was born never again.  He was going to get a vasectomy but chickened out.  So here we are, he wants to terminate it and I am conflicted because I know he will not be supportive if we do have a 3rd and rewinding time back to a newborn sounds terrible to me too.  So much of a back story, but he is a great father and I’m hoping he will come around as we just found out today and I think that he does agree with me that if the baby has a heartbeat I won’t be able to do that (he said he’s not a heartless monster, but it’s a lose/ lose situation).  Has anyone else ever been in a situation like this?  Please no judgements as this is very difficult for me right now and I am already feeling terrible.  TIA! 
    Hi, so sorry you find yourself in this situation. Please read the READ THIS FIRST thread at the top of the page and introduce yourself in the introductions page. 

FWIW, terminating a pregnancy does not make you a monster and wanting your partner to be bought in on a pregnancy is a valid perspective.