Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 8.23

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: With school back in session - which school subject did your favorite teacher teach? Which subject for your least favorite teacher?

You Never Know How Strong You Are Until Being Strong is the Only Choice You  Have SVG Cut file by Creative Fabrica Crafts  Creative Fabrica
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTCAL w/o 8.23

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Missed miscarriage/blighted ovum led to D&C 7/28/21. 

Status: WFAF so we can get back into TTC. I believe that I O'd, so now it's just waiting.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are going okay. Work has been so busy that I haven't really been able to think about it much. Getting impatient waiting for AF but I am glad that BBT confirms ovulation so that's a step in the right direction.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nothing upcoming but I got some recently. We had testing done after my D&C and were told that the MC was due to Trisomy 16. It was full Trisomy, so there was no viability. knowing the results did make me feel a bit better, but I was not expecting them to then go on to tell me that baby was a boy, so I've had to grieve that. 

Questions? Anyone know how to get TB to stop sending bump updates? I have changed my status to TTC, and it seems to look fine when I look at my profile, but I get the weekly "your week _ bump" and they are pretty heart wrenching to keep seeing. 

GTKY: With school back in session - which school subject did your favorite teacher teach? Which subject for your least favorite teacher? My favorite subject was Psychology/Sociology in school. My least favorite teacher taught English.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited August 2021
    @tessiesmom26 first, I'm so sorry for your loss. ❤️ I can absolutely see how getting testing can be both comforting (ie knowing the loss was inevitable) and devastating (when they tell you sex).

Re: emails, can you just turn off email notifications in your account?  I don't remember getting any after my MC but I also have all notifications turned off. (See spoiler for where to find) The other thing I can think of, is, did you mark in TB that you had a miscarriage?? Or just switch to TTC without that middle step? That might have stopped the notifications. Maybe check to see if you can do that. I know I "told" TB I miscarried, and it marked my status as "after loss" or something like that. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  Spontaneous miscarriage at 7 wks in May

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well?  Ok, I want to be hopeful for this cycle, but with the *bug drama* post vacation I'm not very confident.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

Questions? Stupid question, and maybe it doesn't even matter, but I'm curious as to everyone's opinions... if I've been TTC since January, have I been trying for 8 months? Or do I not count the time I was PG and then benched after my loss? Do I add my post loss time to my pre-loss time? So am I at 5 months now (4 months pre loss, and now 1 month for this cycle)? 

GTKY: With school back in session - which school subject did your favorite teacher teach? Which subject for your least favorite teacher? Hmmmm...not sure about my favorite teacher, but I absolutely hated one of my junior high math teachers because she was a huge b*tch. Such a shame, because I do like math! 

Edit: spacing
  • Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC @ 8 weeks (8/17/21)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I had a follow-up appointment today for HCG and to determine if I need surgery (I don’t, thankfully). Getting to explain to every chipper person in the midwife office that “no, I don’t need a follow up appointment” and “no I do not have a due date to tell you” was a special kind of hell. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Just waiting for the bleeding to stop before we move on to a benched cycle.

Questions? I’m still having a lot of cramping and discomfort. How long should I expect that to last? I should have asked the midwife, but I was just desperate to leave.

GTKY: With school back in session - which school subject did your favorite teacher teach? Which subject for your least favorite teacher? I had lots of wonderful teachers! One of my favorites was definitely a math teacher. A least favorite was an English teacher.

@tessiesmom26 I agree that it sounds like you may need to click on whatever you named this pregnancy/baby on your profile and select that you had a miscarriage. I did that and the notifications stopped immediately. I’m sorry for the extra heartache finding out about the baby’s sex. I hope you have been able to make space for grief.

@pajamstagrams Yay for being off the bench! I have no idea on your counting months questions, but I will be curious to hear what others say. I think for the “trying for a year” testing/RE question I would count from January, but I don’t know what a doctor would actually say.

• @tessiesmom26 im so sorry for you loss. I’m torn between wishing I’d have made it far enough for testing and being ok that it happened early. I’m glad it brought you some comfort though. I can’t stop thinking about the sex of my most recent loss. I feel like it would have been easier for me to know but I understand how it could be another thing to grieve for you. Hugs. 

@pajamstagrams  yay for being off the bench!! I missed the bug drama….? Hopefully it doesn’t hinder your chances too much!
    Re your question, I’m so sorry about your loss. I would say yes, ttc 8 months but 5 months AL. So if you’re talking about for the dailies, it probably doesn’t matter too much. But as for doctors and such, I would think this time, since your loss, 5 months ttc currently but again 8 months total. 
    Wow that probably makes no sense. I’m sorry. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    2 chemical pregnancies. One in nov 2020 (got a faint line and then af the next day) and one in July at 4w5d- so just barely a cp. 

Status: ttc, second cycle off the bench but on a medication for 2 weeks that might bench me. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Jumping in here because I think I’m finally ready to talk about it. I’m a little disappointed to be cd1 but need this medication (that I can’t take if pregnant) so I’m just taking things in stride. Broke down again yesterday for the first time in a while when I read a mc quote that popped up on Pinterest. Meh. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?
    Nope. 

Questions? Nope. 

GTKY: With school back in session - which school subject did your favorite teacher teach? Which subject for your least favorite teacher?
    I had a few favorites. I was a teachers pet. Gym class teachers in middle and hs were some of my absolute favorites though. Least favorite, hmmm. Probably my 11th grade chemistry teacher who lost all my labs in the last week of school that I then had to redo. IN THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL. it’s been over 10 years and I’m still bitter. Haha. 
  • @tessiesmom26 I think @pajamstagrams covered TB pretty good. I would also suggest making sure you unsubscribe from any mailing lists if you had previously. And even more shitty - if you filled anything out for free baby samples just be warned, I was mailed a box of sample Similac formula 6 weeks before my EDD. Ouch 🥲

@pajamstagrams I think you can classify it however you like. Saying you've been TTC for 8 months is 100% correct as that was when you were first actively trying. You could say X number of months were from a PG + benched time post-MC.

@abjm0325 oof. Somehow I have been spared from all the awkward comments. Or if I have I guess I just brush it off? Are you currently still bleeding? I would expect that as long as I was still bleeding post-MC but not sure if it's normal when that's done. You might still have some retained tissue your body is trying to get rid of.

@paytonpedro it sucks when things randomly come up to hit you hard.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC at 8 weeks Oct 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are good lately. Looking forward to my consult with the RI next month. How time passes by fast! DH made a comment the other day that we haven't been arguing lately so I think my hormones are a little more under control - or there for once hasn't been something this month to irritate me. I think just by chance there would be something that would come up every 4 weeks that bothered me.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Not yet, gotta get the recommendations from the RI consult

Questions? Nope

GTKY: With school back in session - which school subject did your favorite teacher teach? Which subject for your least favorite teacher? I liked my high school calculus teacher who I also had for algebra 2. For a while our school actually had a combo class that was algebra 2 and physics that ran the entire year (instead of lasting 1 semester). We alternated which subject was being taught. Basically we would learn a math concept and then some time after have to apply it to what we were learning about in physics. I had a great social studies teacher. She was one of the advisors for the robotics team so we still see her a bunch. My least favorite teacher might be the one from my citizenship(?) class. Can't remember exactly but it was a government class. The guy was just weird. And frankly, I disliked any teacher that would nitpick with how they graded you.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I am still bleeding, so what you suggest makes sense. Hopefully that phase will be over soon. I'm glad time is moving quickly for you and that you have the RI consult soon to look forward to!

@paytonpedro I'm sorry for the tough day yesterday. I hope you were able to be kind to yourself. On an unrelated note, that chemistry teacher would have made me pretty salty too!
  • @abjm0325 *checks FF* I cramped for about a week after my MC. I did have lingering very very minor morning sickness for a week as well, and I had hormonal migraines for 2 weeks (I typically get them on my period anyways).

@paytonpedro oh you didn't miss too much, but the tl:dr PSA is, check your bed (1st thing!) when you travel. 🤢 

I'm sorry you're struggling with CD1, and possibly being benched. I would say take advantage of your benched time to do all the things you can't/don't want to do while TTC. And reframe it as "I can take this medicine, which I need, right now". I know it's tough, but trying to find the small silver linings helped me. 

@inthewoods23 good luck with your consult next month! 

Also I had the same teacher for algebra 2 and calculus! Your combo class sounds so interesting, *actually* getting to apply math in a real world setting? 🤯

Thanks all for your input re: "how long"! 
  • @tessiesmom26 so sorry for your loss. I’m glad you were able to get some closure with the testing but I’m sorry you’re still getting triggered by TB’s emails. I think even I “told” TB I had a miscarriage, it stopped sending updates.

@pajamstagrams yay! Welcome back off the bench! In terms of counting it, I don’t know the right answer. I’ve counted months I’ve been TTC and then cycles AL. So I’ve been TTC since June 2019 but I’m in my first cycle since my most recent loss. Don’t know if that helps. 🤷‍♀️

@abjm0325 so sorry for your loss. I’m so sorry for the experience in the midwife’s office too. Nothing like salt in the very fresh wound. I don’t have a definitive answer any the cramping and bleeding. My doctor put me on a medication to help stop the bleeding during my first loss (can’t remember what it was) but I would suggest following up and calling your doctor if you’re concerned.

@paytonpedro those unexpected triggers are the worst. I’m glad you’re feeling ready to talk about your loss. Sorry for CD 1 but glad you can still continue taking your medication.

@inthewoods23 oh wow, that consult is coming up fast! I hope you get good answers and recommendations! Glad things are better between you and YH too 

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC in January, CP in August

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I’m better each day as long as I don’t think about things too much. I’ve been working to distract myself as much as possible. I’d had it in my head that if I were KU this cycle, it would make my empty due date this weekend a little less painful. A second loss definitely makes it worse though. Aside from that, I’m trying to keep my head in a positive space for this current cycle and am working hard to continue my healthier habits and exercising daily (which a good distraction!).

Any testing coming up/any recent results? None yet. But I mentioned in the IF thread that I’m thinking I’m going to ask my OB for a referral to a RE if we’re not successful this cycle.

Questions? No

GTKY: With school back in session - which school subject did your favorite teacher teach? Which subject for your least favorite teacher? I’m sure it’s no surprise that my favorite was music! I liked almost all of them except my ES band teacher and one of my JH band teachers. Honorable mention for favorite teacher/subject is my HS French teacher for grades 11 and 12. Least favorite was my physics teacher and also my French teacher for grades 9 and 10. 

• @gingermama29 oooh I had a least favorite teacher in band as well. That year sucked!!

I would definitely reach out to an RE soon! It can't hurt, right? And with 2 losses, and overall time, you probably are pretty justified.

General question for the group: anyone deal with hair loss after your loss? I know a 7 week miscarriage is probably waaaay too early for true "postpartum" hair loss (given that there simply wasn't enough time to actually hold on to the strands you're not losing while PG), but surely the stress of it could trigger "normal" hair loss? I've had stress-induced hair loss before, so I'm guessing that's what this is. 
  • Thank you all for your suggestions re: emails. I figured out what was happening. When I was first trying to get back onto TB I used my personal email and that created a new profile. I finally was able to get back into my previous account (this one). When I had my MC I told this profile, but never went back in to that second account that got created. I just did it and hope that it's going to work, fingers crossed. 

@pajamstagrams I had terrible hair loss, that I am still dealing with. I talked to my OB about it at my D&C follow up appt and he said it was normal and stress could definitely be a contributing factor. Hopefully it won't last too long for you!

I will come back later to respond to everyone else.  
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @gingermama29 Thank you for the insight. I think I'm still in the "normal" window of time for bleeding, so I'll just sit tight for a little bit longer. I'm so sorry about your empty due date coming up. Nothing about this process is fair. I hope you will be able to do something nice for yourself this weekend.
  • @gingermama29. Just popping in to say PM me if you want any info about seeing an RE for RPL-- happy to talk about my experience or point you in the direction of the other people on this board (and helpful grads) who've gone down that road as well. I think, like me, you would qualify as "RPL without subfertility", which means a different set of treatments/tests than typical IF patients. 
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024