EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What qualities of yours, spouses, or your kids do you hope this baby has?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Weekly Check In 8/23

• Loading the player...
  • @realhousewife519 SO funny how siblings can be sooooooo different! I love it! And +1 to the targeted baby ads....if I hadn't already bought everything I wanted with DD2 I'm sure I'd be getting ready to spend WAY too much money!
  • @gembud Your DS's eyes are AMAZING!!! I hope DS2 keeps the streak alive too!!! Also, I'm sure the lab was right. I know people who got the wrong results from ultrasounds but FX the blood test was accurate ❤
  • @Panaceia @realhousewife519 I love to hear about the differences in your kiddos! It's so fascinating to me. 
    @goldfishcraker awww @ your DS being a sweetie. I have the same hopes about DD, but wonder if it will be different when it's a 24/7 baby!
    @gembud heterochromias can look so amazing! Do you know anything about the genetics of it? or just random? 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10+1 3/20

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: paper clip according to TB

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green

Upcoming Appointments: genetics on monday (cause apparent;y being 35 when i deliver pushed me over into "old") then nothing till sept 10

How are you feeling?: horrible today. yesterday and today have hit me like a mac truck. Before i had unpleasant low-level nausea. The past 2 days it's been high-level nausea. i'm on the verge of puking all the time and i think if i didn't work in an office i probably would have several times. Not great.   

Rants/Raves: big rant for this uptick in nausea. go awaayyyyyyy. Also i'm back at work this week and i think that's directly correlated to my sickness. So i need to get a less annoying job lol. 

Questions: nah

GTKY: What qualities of yours, spouses, or your kids do you hope this baby has? Hmmmm well i only have DD to compare to.. and i think she's the best so i want this new baby to be just like her. Though i know they will have their own personality that is equally as perfect. My DH is kind of sickly- lots of allergies and immune issues. I hope neither kid gets those because they are a PITA. I do hope they get his adventurous spirit and patience. I hope they get my empathy and love for things that are a tiny bit more "woo". 
  • @morgantu sorry you're not feeling well either:/ I'm laughing that we basically have exactly the same appointment dates though! Maybe we'll both get our NIPT results at the same time since we're both getting our testing done the same day!
  • rachelredheadrachelredhead member
    edited August 2021
    @morgantu I’ve had the uptick in feeling awful, too. Hit around 9 weeks and has been misery since then. No advice, just solidarity.

@luckyduck42 I think lime is too big, too. Next week says plum and I feel like a plum is smaller than a lime. Maybe it’s a key lime? Overthinking this! 

@gembud different colored eyes is so cool!! Does that run in your family or husband’s? 
  • @morgantu you know I really don’t know I’m curious now if it’s genetics or random

@rachelredhead nope he’s the only one! Was a really cool surprise when he was born
  • @jennifer_m21 I have no idea yet! I'm going to try to hide it from the until after the 20 week anatomy scan (hoping I get that far) but DD1 is almost 8 so she'll probably figure it out on her own before I get around to telling them 😅 Do you have any ideas yet?
  • @Panaceia The 20-week scan is a good time! They'll get to see some good pics! DS is 3.5, so he's not totally sure how babies/siblings are made even though he's asked about having a sister or brother for awhile! He loves books, so we may read a book about him being a big brother. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 8w 5d. Wishing I had my for sure due date already..

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: gummy bear

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: FO at anatomy scan

Upcoming Appointments: 9/2 for dating ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: blek. Still. Some days are horrible. Sometimes I wish I would throw up because then maybe I’d feel better. But I have a prescription for anti nausea meds waiting for me to pick up on my way home from work tonight. So happy for that to see if they help. 

Rants/Raves: raving myself because I’m gonna order some takeout for myself on my way home for work 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Questions: natm 

GTKY: What qualities of yours, spouses, or your kids do you hope this baby has? I hope this kiddo is kind and gentle like my DS. Both my husband and I are very quiet introverts. And idk how we’d handle a wild child (which I’m sure this babe will be to throw us through a loop😂). 
  • @night_nurse I have brown eyes and SO has green eyes. DD1 has dark brown eyes and DD2 has light blue eyes. My dad has grey eyes so the light gene was in there somewhere. I read that brown + green = 50% brown and 50% split between blue and green (I don't remember the exact breakdown) so you've at least got a 50% chance for something other than brown!
  • @bananasb I think if you have your heart set on a specific sex you're definitely going to feel some disappointment no matter what. With DD1 I was positive she was a boy. The last 15 babies born in to my family before her had all been boys so I was positive she would be a boy too. At the 20 week scan I found out she was a girl. Even though I didn't necessarily want a boy more than a girl I was definitely a little surprised and felt a little sad because I was SOOOOO convinced she was going to be a boy. SO was a little disappointed initially too because he was so scared to be a girl dad. It was definitely short lived and we were so excited to be having a girl, but the initial shock was definitely a little bit hard to take. With DD2 we both desperately wanted another girl. I'm sure I would have cried if she had been a boy. We even had her name picked out before I got pregnant with her. This time I will be thrilled either way, but we would still both secretly love another girl. We've just gotten so used to being girl parents that I can't even imagine us with a boy at this point...although I would adore a boy too (and we do already have a boy name ready to go...)!
  • @bananasb we were calling him a girl and H said he was 100% sure it was a girl, well we were wrong. There was definitely a lot of disappointment at first, but now I got so attached to this little boy I’m afraid at the anatomy scan we are going to find out it actually is a girl and then I’ll have gender disappointment twice this pregnancy
  • @night_nurse Thanks for the reminder to book with my Chiro. Have not seen her in a while. I got sciatica with my second but not my first. Hasn't shown up yet this pregnancy. 

@gembud feelings about baby gender are so complicated...I don't know how I feel yet about whether I want a girl or boy. Trying to remain open to whatever the universe delivers and resisting the urge to develop a preference. But I'm sure you can be confident that the blood test is right! 
  • @Panaceia That’s unfortunate - though having strong symptoms must be reassuring as well! 

@realhousewife519 So strange how Facebook and Instagram can do that! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 17, 10w 6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: uncertain.  Requested to find out on the NIPT, but may ask the doctor to write it down for me and put in an envelope.  That way we can choose to find out later if wanted.

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT Aug 31, OB Sept 16.  It’s so strange not having a ton of blood work and US this pregnancy - with my daughter it was constant monitoring and appts.  

How are you feeling?:

Some days I barely feel pregnant, and start to worry.  Other days the fatigue/nausea/food aversions/headaches/indigestion hits hard. The constant each day is my chest feels like it’s bruised and so, so sensitive.  Even wearing a bra hurts.  I also have been having trouble going for a BM - restorolax and water are my best friends right now.  My stomach is so puffy and I look like I’m 4-5 months pregnant.

Also caved and bought a snoogle again - it’s glorious lol! 

Was planning on telling our daughter at 12 weeks.  Now think we will wait until 16.  I’m so undecided and like that nobody knows at this point.  I’m having a hard time actually believing I’m pregnant, and have this strange fear that if I tell people something bad will happen.

Rants/Raves:  My daughter is so suspicious.  “If I were mommy and my tummy hurt for this long, I’d go to the doctor.  I don’t know why she just keeps having tummy aches every day”.

She also asked me if I shrunk my shirt the other day - between the growing chest and tummy, I’m starting to feel like Winnie the Pooh having to pull my shirt down constantly.

Questions:  

GTKY: What qualities of yours, spouses, or your kids do you hope this baby has?  My daughter is spunky and smart.  I worked so hard to have her be confident so others do not walk all over her, but also empathetic and kind to others.  She loves school, and started reading short novels this past year at 5 years old.  She reminds me of a little me - but also has a “I’ll do it myself attitude” that my husband  has tried to foster.  We went to a playgroup yesterday, and she asked the ECE’s if she could help them assemble a piece of furniture. She started asking for an Allen key, screw driver etc, and put together the piece by herself.   She’s always inventing contraptions and forever writing and illustrating “books”.

I’d love to have a boy, but would also be thrilled with a girl.  I just hope they have the same independent, curiosity, and free thinking attitude of our daughter.  I hope they are kind and compassionate, and that by the time they go to school it will no longer be online only! 

• @Jeenyus Yes to the Snoogle! I pulled mine out the other day! I'm also waiting to tell the girls...hopefully DD1 won't figure it out sooner, but if we get past the anatomy scan without issue I'll tell them then.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: TBD, somewhere between 8+2 and 9+2 ish?

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: not sure. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out via NIPT in a few weeks. 

Upcoming Appointments: 8/30 for follow up dating scan and ‘official’ first appointment. 

How are you feeling?: Generally pretty terrible 😣 but I managed to rally a bit for my DD 2nd birthday today.

Rants/Raves: Rave! So thankful for my family and friends who helped make my daughter’s 2nd birthday so special for her today 🥰

Questions: I am running low on podcasts to listen to while I am in bed not feeling well - anyone have any birth/parenting ones they love? I am all caught up on The Birth Hour. 

GTKY: What qualities of yours, spouses, or your kids do you hope this baby has? My husband is half Persian and has beautiful thick, dark curly hair. I am a northern European mix and have reddish brown fine, wavy hair. I was convinced there would be no way any of my kids would have my hair color, but by some genetic miracle my daughter has my EXACT hair color, but with a bit more curl like my husband. I hope this little one has curls like my hubby again ❤️ My daughter is so sweet, silly, and curious, so I hope this baby will share some of those qualities as well!
  • @jlbaker08 My daughter has been curling it into a nest and snuggling inside.  They have kids ones that I’m considering buying for her.

• @Jeenyus I got a kids one for DD1 and she loves it! I was still bedsharing with her while pregnant with DD2 so she also had her own full sized Snoogle that she would sleep in like a nest...it actually kept her from kicking me or rolling on top of me at night.
  • 10w 2 days, diagnosed with high blood pressure and started meds today, nervous about extra risks as I'm already high risk. 
  • @hcrist0590 I am also taking meds for high blood pressure and found that I'm SUPER sensitive to salt.  I actually considered going to the ER on Sunday because my blood pressure was so high and I was feeling so terrible but I drank a bunch of water and cut way back on my sodium intake and I've got it more under control (in addition to the meds).  They've also recommended that I take a baby aspirin everyday starting at 12 weeks, I'm assuming it's blood pressure related as well.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @jlbaker08 The baby aspirin is to help prevent pre-eclampsia in pregnancy so the prescribe it if they feel you have any risk factors. It's great that your doctor is being proactive about it if you are already showing signs of high BP!
  • @Sarah0335 it gets better (for a lot of people!). My first pregnancy was tough in the first tri but looking back, second and third trimester were not bad. There are annoying parts all through pregnancy, but i think for a lot of people, this is the worst..
  • @Sarah0335 I did not enjoy any part of my first pregnancy because I was soooooo sick all the way through. My second one I enjoyed a bit more. I was still super sick but not AS sick as with my first so I was able to appreciate it more. This time I'm sicker than I was with both...but I think because it was such a crappie road to even get to this point and I'm so thankful I've made it this far that I'm trying to enjoy whatever parts of it I can. I'm hoping the sickness eases up at least a bit because I would love to be able to enjoy more of it...
  • @Sarah0335 it definitely got better for me, I didn’t enjoy the first tri, but loved the second tri and was pretty good the third with the exception of just being sore and swollen
  • @Sarah0335 absolutely loved being pregnant with my first. Had such an easy time and really enjoyed it. This one is the complete opposite. I’m with you on knowing it’ll be worth it, but still disliking the process. 2nd Tri is definitely a little more enjoyable for most. Hoping that’s the case for you.
  • @sarah0335, I find in the second trimester you feel pretty energetic. Once you start to really show it feels nice to be pregnant. Everyone starts to be really nice to you and you feel this beautiful baby kicking and moving around; always keeping you company. So it does get better! Its also a great excuse to get out of a lot of things you don't want to do - like cleaning, physical activity, attending lame social events. (maybe that's just me) The worst downside for me has always been crazy weight gain. 
  • @Sarah0335 I absolutely loved my first pregnancy. This time around is quite a bit more rough, so I’m not as happy yet, but after the 14 week mark I felt significantly better last time and felt great throughout the rest of pregnancy(when I could eat a bit better and work out again) so I’m hoping this one will turn around too!