1st Trimester

Early Scan Scares? Please Share

Hey all. In that limbo of waiting until my follow up scan to confirm either hope or the worst. Preparing for the latter, but must remain a bit hopeful to get through the days. Here's what we've got stacked against us. If anyone can relate to any of these predicaments, whether it turned out good or bad, I'd love to connect and hear from other mama's.

1. Thought I was 8w2d. Measured 6w3d. That's a lot off, and would mean my first positive test showed up at just 2 weeks.

2. It did have a heartbeat, although low at just 85 BPM.

3. OB notes in my chart also indicate sac "enlarged and littered with debris" (seriously a terrible thing to read when you're already a basket case)

I guess in the best case scenario, I did test super early and somehow just conceived much later than thought, and that the baby's heart just started to beat and may catch up.

Perhaps the large sac and debris indicates that maybe twins were conceived but one didn't make it. Though that is VERY unlikely.. it's the best I can think of. It's all pretty ominous. Every twinge in my belly I assume are the cramps that will lead to bleeding, but it hasn't happened yet. 

My symptoms were fairly mild but similar to my first, and so my body obviously still assumes I'm with child. I just keep checking these boards for some hope to keep me going until answers.

Thanks mamas.

Re: Early Scan Scares? Please Share