December 2021 Moms

Weekly randoms 8/16

Re: Weekly randoms 8/16

• Definitely thought this was a duplicate of the check in. I'm tired, please forgive me 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • @bkjade I bought 2 sleepers.  Our family has all girls, so there won't be any "boy" hand me downs, but a lot of the newborn stuff we have is fever neutral, so I didn't REALLY need to buy them....lol
  • Oh I need to buy cloths. We were done after DD so I gave all DSs old stuff away. I had even given away most of her stuff until I started having second thoughts. I pulled out what I had kept that was neutral and it's only a few sleepers.
  • I haven't bought any clothes, but I did buy a christmas swaddle and I'm stalking the website for a restock of the matching toddler PJs. I have a ton of girl clothes, but I haven't looked to see if they'll be seasonally appropriate. 
  • I bought a little sis sleeper and a couple of swaddles so far. DD had mostly muslin swaddles since she was a summer baby, so I got some thicker ones just in case! I still have everything from DD so even though the seasons are off I hope we can use the regular stuff like pjs and onesies! 
  • @rgn12 @melbel0824 - oh the seasonality hasn’t even crossed my mind 🤦‍♀️! I’ll need to get the totes out and sort through them. The clothes I do have are for a May baby so it’s pretty much the opposite lol. Hopefully a punch of onesies and pajamas that are useable in there.
  • @bkjade Same, July baby has so many cute newborn and 0-3 summer outfits, definitely won’t work this time haha! I should probably actually go through the stuff too sometime soon. I feel so behind haha
  • @mockingjay1 - yay vacation! How was it?!
  • @melbel0824 ooooh where did you buy the swaddle?  I am looking to get a matching set for all of us this year!  We have been doing a semi matching pj pic every Xmas eve since DD was born, so it will be good to have that ready to go!
  • @scaredunprepared I got it from Milkmaid goods. It was pricey, and I don't usually buy baby things that expensive but I couldn't resist. I'm banking on this baby coming before Christmas so I can use it for a couple weeks..
  • You guys are inspiring me to get some clothes!! Anyone else have a boy first and girl second? I feel like most of his clothes are relatively gender neutral?? Like it’s less acceptable to put boys in pinks and purples (eye roll) but putting a girl in all the blues and greens and yellows is fine right?

I have SO much nice 0-12 months stuff. Then I feel like the clothes start changing in fit and style for girls vs boys. So I may try to reuse mostly for the 1st year….
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @mockingjay1 that’s so cute! 🌈 

@melbel0824 do you like the quality of it? I’ve been following them since I was pregnant with DD, but I ended up getting one Posh Peanut and one Caden Lane swaddle. Their ads have been popping up on my FB recently though, and I’m so tempted for Christmas!

@scaredunprepared what a cute idea! I want to do something similar too! We’ve been getting matching PJs with DD, a matching swaddle would be precious! 
  • @rgn12 I haven't taken it out of the package yet lol. I will though, and I'll let you know. 
  • @rgn12 how did you like the posh peanut stuff???  
  • @scaredunprepared to be honest we didn’t use that swaddle that much, but I’m not sure why? We kind of gravitated to muslin swaddles for our July baby since it was hot and she didn’t want to be totally wrapped up. I have bought some of their clothes for DD though, and they’re super soft and cute. They’re kinda $$$ so I find myself being scared to let her wear them often which kinda defeats the purpose haha. I got this December baby a swaddle set when they were having a sale. They’re super nice and stretchy, and good for a tight swaddle (versus the muslin ones that kind of just fall off). 
  • @bkjade Vacay was great! It was a lot of driving but DS1 and DS2 did great in the car. We got to see our close friends and BIL and family in CO, and enjoy beautiful Yellowstone just the four of us. We were definitely ready to be home and have the boys be able to get away from each other haha. 

I had my second covid vaccine yesterday, and I'm a little tired and achy today. Hoping it's better tomorrow. I feel relieved to have it done and will be thankful to know in a couple weeks I'll be as protected as possible. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Looking at breast pumps and I’m debating spectra s1 (or s2) vs medela pump in style. I used the medela last time and it seemed to do the trick but gave it to a friend who needed one. Has anyone used either and have any good/bad feedback?
  • JamieH2000JamieH2000 member
    edited August 2021
    @bkjade - I had the S1 and loved it! I exclusively pumped last time. Def get the S1 over S2 so you can move around. I “hacked” mine so I could use medala parts since they are easier to get. 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • @jamieh2000 - that’s good to know! I think the main draw of the medela for me was the accessibility of getting new parts! That def helps! 
  • @bkjade definitely the Spectra. I wasn't concerned about being "tethered" so the S2 was fine by me. I also got conversion kits for Medela parts. And I highly recommend Pumpin Pals flanges. I didn't buy into the hype of my first BMB but gave them a shot last time and they were amazing!!

I may have killed a turtle on my way to work this morning. It's possible I only maimed him but I can't help but go worse case and I'm devastated.

• @bkjade I had the spectra S2 last time and I liked it fine, but I had almost no supply and even the hospital grade pump didn't do much for me so my BF journey was short lived. I did like that the S2 was pretty quiet. 
  • @bkjade I had the Spectra S2 last time and used it for about 14 months daily/regularly with absolutely no problems. The S1 wasn’t available to me through my insurance, or I probably would have got that one. 

Side note, DD woke up like four times last night crying/screaming. Ahh. I feel dead inside. I probably got 5 hours and had to wake up early for work today. Is it bad that I’m already thinking about bedtime later so I can go back to sleep?? 😭💤
  • bkjadebkjade member
    edited August 2021
    @rgn12 lol. I almost fell asleep during my anatomy scan earlier, I’m def on the 😴 train too.
  • @bkjade omg, me too! I probably would have but the baby was behind my belly button for a lot of it and the tech kept jamming the wand into my belly and jiggling it to get the baby to move. Super uncomfortable. But otherwise, the room was so dark and quiet I could have fallen asleep. 
  • @prpl11butterfly Oh no! Poor turtle! Hope it is the latter and he's crawling around like its no big deal!

@rgn12 I'm in the same boat! DD keeps waking up and it's brutal. Hope you're able to push through today!

And in reference to baby clothes. I HAVE BOUGHT WAY TOO MUCH lol. We registered for the things I wanted and then everyone got us other stuff so I never got to really go crazy with buying my daughter stuff until now. But I well balls to the wall with boy stuff and told my MIL to not waste her time. I'm super picky about clothes and she usually goes exactly the opposite. LOL
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 he didn't make it 😭😭 When I left for lunch he was on side the road clearly dead though shell appeared intact. I feel aweful even though it may not have been my fault.
  • @prpl11butterfly Oh no!!! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @prpl11butterfly aww I'm sorry. I hate when things like that happen. Even not pregnant it makes me upset when I hit an animal.

@brookert615 If we weren't team green I'd probably be buying all the outfits too! Instead we'll probably stop at target or do a pickup order on the way home from the hospital haha.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• My BFF made some paintings and a blanket for my babe. 
  • @rgn12 uh oh no I'm so sorry your DD didn't sleep last night :(  I hope tonight is better!
  • Jumping on the breast pump conversation, I was looking at ordering mine, I had the Medela last time but I was looking at the reviews on the one that's covered by insurance now, Pump In Style, and they are terrible. 😳 So now I'm considering the Spectra. Looks like I can choose from the S2 or the 9Plus. Has anyone used the 9Plus? 🤔
  • @rpreston17- I have thought about getting the 9plus as a more hands free option i think?? I havent done much research on the strength of it though vs the S1/S2.
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @rgn12- give her allll the cheeseburgers she wants!! ;) is your doctor concerned? I know some
    kids are smaller but if she is following her curve and hitting milestones hopefully it’s ok?? Have they done any bloodwork to test thyroid or anything?
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 her ped has never been concerned! She does appear to be following her own growth curve, her weight has always been around 5% so it has dropped a little since she’s been a toddler. Because of her hair loss issue we just had a bunch of blood work done and everything was normal including thyroid except she has iron deficiency and we’re supplementing with liquid iron (terrible). Interestingly enough I’m pretty sure she pulled it out herself lol. We bought her some scratch sleeve things to wear at night and it’s already starting to grow back and we haven’t noticed any more crazy hair loss since haha. Unless iron works in a couple of weeks. 
  • @rgn12 my daughter has always been small too, but stayed on her 3% growth curve and the doctor hasn't been concerned. Now that she's a toddler I feel like she's a much better eater so I'm interested to see what her growth looks like at her 3 year appointment today. 
  • @rgn12- well i'm glad they did tons of bloodwork just to check everything! i hope she keeps picking up on growth and eating cheeseburgers ;)
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!