Infertility
Options

Cancelled IVF cycle causing delayed period

I was on Menopur and Gonal-f (varying doses but pretty high at the end). I had to cancel my IVF cycle because the dr and I weren’t happy with the number of follicles. We decided to try again but I need to go through one cycle with no meds before trying again. My period has not started. The dr wants me to come in after 40 days. I’m just curious if anyone else has experienced this or had any complications because of it?

Re: Cancelled IVF cycle causing delayed period

• Options
    Hi there- I know this is delayed but wanted to reply to you.  This happened to me.  When they monitored one of the follicles from the canceled cycle had turned into a big cyst that was growing (with estrogen) and I believe it took like 60+ days for my period.  This was the only time that happened to me - I'm pretty regular.  Good luck to you - I'd encourage you to get blood and an ultrasound if its still occurring just to understand what's going on.
    Me 32 DH 36, Married 12/2013, TTC Since 9/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained 
    2 IVFs, 8 IUIs (2 Clomid, 6 Injectables)
    Nov '16: TI Clomid- 2 Follicles, BFN 
    Dec '17: IUI Clomid- 1 Follicle, BFN 
    Jan '17: TI Clomid - 1 Follicle, BFN 
    Feb '17: IUI Clomid - 1Follicle, BFN
    Mar '17: IUI Inject - Canceled (Cyst) 
    Jun '17: IVF Antagonist, 13ER, 10Fert (5ICSI, 5Nat)  - No Blasts, 1 D5T, BFN
    Sep '17: IVF Antagonist, 14 ER, 4 Fert (All ICSI) - 2 D3T, BFN
    Nov '17: IUI Inject - 4 Follicles, BFN
    Dec '17: Laparoscopy Endo - Neg (No Endo)
    Feb '18: IUI Inject - 4 Follicles, BFN 
    June '18: IUI Inject - 5 Follicles, BFP -> CP 
    Aug '18: IUI Inject - 1 Follicle, BFP -> Ectopic 
    Sep '18: IUI Inject - 7 Follicles, No Trigger, Missed O, BFN
    Currently on BCP to gear up for Nov '18 IUI 
  • Options
    We know that all you want is to have a baby and we want the exact same thing. There is the only reason that we cancel IVF stimulations for poor response. Delivery rates from IVF cycles when there are less than three mature size follicles present on ultrasound are much lower than with at least four mature follicles. We consider this to be the best break-point for deciding whether to proceed with egg retrieval or cancel the cycle.