January 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC 8/13

I've been sick the past couple days. I'm pretty sure it's not Covid, but I got tested anyway. Out of precaution, my husband has been handling the kids' drop off and pick up at school, and he put them both to bed last night while I stayed away. I'm feeling a little better today (yay!) but part of me will be kinda bummed when I'm better and I'll have to start pulling my weight around here. That's so bad. 

I am finding it hard to not hug my kids, though. That part sucks. Taking a shower during their bedtime routine? AMAZING!  :D

Re: FFFC 8/13

• Options
    Glad you’re on the mend @lisa3379

My FFFC is that I think if you refuse to be vaccinated, you should be forced to tour a Covid unit and watch someone being intubated. I said what I said.

• Options
    I start a new job on Monday but haven’t told them I’m pregnant yet.  I had started interviewing back in May and wasn’t pregnant at the time so don’t feel too bad.  But I’m guessing I should tell them in month or so?  It’s fully remote until at least January 2022 so maybe I don’t even need to tell them until later, you know like when the baby is coming 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 yeah, I’d probably tell them in the next couple of months so they could figure out what to do when you’re on leave. But I wouldn’t feel bad at all not telling them yet! Oh, did you end up taking that job in Seattle? 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 - yup! I have until April 2022 to move to Seattle.  So I’m thinking the timing should work out great.  Basically do all my maternity leave here and then we move.  Not gonna lie - the hubs and I are a bit giddy looking at how much house we get in Seattle compared to here.  🤣 I really didn’t want to relocate while pregnant and the company is still fully remote until at least January anyways so at least everyone else will be remote at first too.  
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 That’s awesome, I’m so jealous! I love Seattle, that whole region really… I’d move to Vancouver in a heartbeat if we could! 
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 Yay! So exciting!!
  • Options
    @fifilala516 @Lisa3379 - thanks everyone!  I’ve been looking for a job for over a year and made it to final rounds a few times and just never got an offer (I do finance).  Then to finally get literally my dream job just feels so good!  Patience and persistence pays off!  And even though I loved my days off playing in the sunshine with my pups I missed finance!  I was volunteering in high schools teaching finance via zoom but still had so much time on my hands.  So excited to get back to work (also a little nervous though!).  
  • Options
    @karenmarie20 I also start a new job Monday (in person) and haven’t told them I’m pregnant yet. I plan on telling them after my anatomy scan. I don’t feel too bad because I took a part time job (to spend more time with the kiddos) so it doesn’t have benefits anyway and it will all be unpaid time off 
  • Options
    @karenmarie20 congrats on the new job! We moved to Seattle from SF two years ago and absolutely love it. Do you know what part of Seattle you’ll be moving to? 
  • Options
    @beckylookatherbump - congrats on the new job!!!!! 

@elksamm - absolutely no idea! We are trying to read up on neighborhoods now.   Of course we want what everyone does I am sure.  Cute suburban neighborhood with a walkable restaurant/shopping area but within 30 minute commute to downtown 🤣 would love to hear what areas you like!  So glad to hear you love it.  
  • Options
    @karenmarie20 when we first moved we moved to Queen Anne which is very walkable, close to downtown, possibility of a great view, and more neighborhoody than most of Seattle. With a young child it could be a great option. We ended up moving to the east side shortly after because we wanted a more suburban lifestyle and we’ve absolutely loved it and plan to stay here. 

Which part of SF do you live in?
  • Options
    @elksamm - we are in San Mateo, a neighborhood called Hayward Park.  We love it! Walking distance to downtown, the Caltrain, a big nice park and we know most of our neighbors. And we are in SF or Silicon Valley in under 30. We’ve got a sweet little house we hope to keep and rent out.   Our dream is to find a similar neighborhood but bigger house! 

Thanks for the tips!!! Excited to know someone in Seattle!