Weekly Check-In 8.9.21

How Far Along?
Upcoming Appointments?
TTGP Grad?
IF/RPL/High Risk?
How are you feeling?
Rants/Raves?
Questions?
GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading?

Re: Weekly Check-In 8.9.21

• How Far Along?
    12+6

Upcoming Appointments?
    8/30 - first OB appointment

TTGP Grad?
    Kinda sorta (I was for my first, and was only on TTGP for 2 months prior to getting pregnant this time around).

IF/RPL/High Risk?
    AMA

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! Now that I'm in my 2nd trimester, I have more energy and less nausea. My taste buds are super off this pregnancy, so some foods taste really rancid to me. MH had me try this french onion cheese last night and I could only take one bite. It tasted burnt somehow. Not really craving anything as of yet, but that's how I was last time, too. Any cravings I did have were fleeting up until the middle of my second tri, and then all I wanted was fresh fruit (mango, specifically) and sweets (popsicles, candy, cake).

Rants/Raves?
    Rant - DD brings home every sickness from daycare (four head colds, an ear infection, and one stomach bug so far), and with me being pregnant, I for-sure catch them too and they last FOREVER. I'm on day 10 of the most recent head cold, and have gone through 3 boxes of jumbo sized Kleenex so far. Ugh.
    Rave - I advocated for myself with my PCM on Friday (since I won't be seeing my OB until I'm almost 16 weeks along) and he put me in for NIPT bloodwork, so I had that drawn Friday afternoon. Can't wait for the results!

Questions?
    GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading?
    I can't name a favorite book. As a bibliophile, it's hard to choose just one! I'm currently reading Obsession by John Douglas. It's the third book of his that I've read so far, and I just love the way he writes. I can't get enough true crime.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• How Far Along? 13w4d

Upcoming Appointments? Thursday! 

How are you feeling? Starting to have more energy. I spent the last 2 days cleaning the house and trying to get the last of the moving boxes unpacked since it's been like a month since we moved. I did throw up yesterday for the second time during my pregnancy... So far, feeling good today!

Rants/Raves? I'm so stressed over the NIPT results, which I haven't gotten yet. My doctor said the results should be back in less than a week, but it's been 10 days now... And technically almost 3 weeks since the first time they were supposed to do the blood work, but then did other blood work instead. I was asking my husband this morning if he thought they'd withhold the results if they were concerning until my appointment this week... he says I should message my Dr and ask them if they would do that... I don't want to sound like a crazy person though. I think part of the stress is because I'm planning on telling more people this week, and thinking maybe I should wait for the results. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? Being a teacher, I'm used to answering this question as my favorite kid's book which is From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. Currently reading a book for work- I Love You Rituals.
  • Loading the player...
  • lexilougoldenlexilougolden member
    edited August 2021
    How Far Along? 15 weeks
    Upcoming Appointments? August 30th
    TTGP Grad? No
    IF/RPL/High Risk? AMA
    How are you feeling? Zofran is working pretty well, which is awesome. Though I don't take it daily because I get nervous about taking medication daily. Definitely feeling my bump sticking out :) Back pain popped up the other day.
    Rants/Raves? Rant:Took my dog to a park and she got sick--most likely kennel cough. Poor thing coughs/gags/hoarse bark. Taking her to vet later today. Rave: Zofran worked this weekend when MH's family came to town for our wedding. YAY! Picking up my wedding dress, fx it fits!!
    Questions? natm
    GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? I can't pick 1. I'm usually reading 3-4 books at once... The Four Winds, Expecting Better, Drama-Free Discipline, and The Count of Monte Cristo.
    @babyodo I feel you on the mango!

• How Far Along? 12w3d
    Upcoming Appointments? NT Ultrasound on Thursday
    TTGP Grad? nope
    IF/RPL/High Risk? nope
    How are you feeling? I finally feel like I'm starting to turn a corner today! (knock on wood)
    Rants/Raves? Raves - We went to two toddler birthday parties this weekend (a picnic in a park + optional zoo trip and then cupcakes at a local playground) and it was so fun to be outside and socialize and see Samson play with other kids. 
    Rants - I'm so jealous of these summer birthdays. Now I'm going to have two kids with birthdays in the dead of winter where just meeting up at a park isn't an option  :s . Seriously contemplating celebrating half birthdays once they're old enough for "friend" parties.
    Questions?
    GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? I used to read SO MUCH but it has not been a priority for the last... 10 years or so? The last book I read was 'Raising White Kids' with a group of other moms in my neighborhood. It was pretty enlightening and gave lots of thinking to do for raising good citizens in a very diverse neighborhood.
  • @babyodo ugh I'm sorry you're sick too! how're you handling it????
    @effie0513 I'd message your dr for sure! that's a long time. if there's anything I've learned so far is that they don't think pregnant folks are too terribly crazy for calling lol
    @lexilougolden glad you're feeling better :) I loved expecting better and no-drama discipline (that and whole brain child are the two books I recommend to parents most in my work with kids). 
    @kaf1788 thanks for the book recommendation! I'm adding that to my library holds now. I feel you on the summer birthdays and celebrations getting to be outside, I'm thinking we're going to not have a baby shower or celebration at all really at this point because it's going to be so cold that it'd have to be indoors and that sounds scary to me. I like the idea of half birthdays for the kids though. you could always channel alice in wonderland with "unbirthdays"!

How Far Along? 14w5d
    Upcoming Appointments? 8/23 for the 16w check in
    TTGP Grad? yes, feb 2021-may 2021
    IF/RPL/High Risk? no
    How are you feeling? I've been really sick all weekend (migraine for 3 days straight, body aches/soreness, stomach stuff, a low grade fever at one point), my rapid COVID test came back negative thankfully but I called off work today because I still feel kinda icky and don't feel like I had a weekend. I've been in contact with my midwives because ~anxiety~ but I can hold down fluids and food and vitamins (no vomiting!) so they aren't too terribly concerned. I'm still hoping to get in to do a heart rate check though
    Rants/Raves? today I also have a "partnership interview" with a group practice and I'm deciding today whether I want to do group practice or private practice. both sound scary, but I want to make the move that will work best for me and my family in the long term, so wish me luck!
    Questions? natm
    GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? how dare you ask for my favorite book lol kidding. I just really like to read. I just finished "the invisible life of addie larue" and I LOVED it! right now I'm reading "a matter of death and life" by irvin and marilyn yalom, it's about how irv (a prominent existential psychotherapist) handles his wife's cancer diagnosis and eventual passing as octogenarians who have been in love since high school but also as people who have lived full lives and feel "ripe".
  • @chgilmore That's why I added "or what book are you reading" because I hate to pick a favorite of almost anything. :D Definitely adding "whole brain child" and "the invisible life of addie larue". Sorry you're not feeling well! Hope you can get a heart rate check soon.
    @effie0513 I Love "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" too. Such a fun YA read.
    @kaf1788 I'm happy you're turning a corner. FX for you! I'm also adding that book to my list. Thanks!
  • @effie0513 Do you know which test you got? If you got the Panera through Natera you may be able to access results (or see if they've been processed yet) through the Natera website. I don't remember the specifics but I do remember that's how I did it with my son - at the time my OB's office had a policy of not publishing those kinds of tests online until they had a chance to talk to you about it because they didn't want people to read and misinterpret the results and then call in a panic.
  • How Far Along? 11+5

Upcoming Appointments? September 8th is my next appointment 

TTGP Grad? No

IF/RPL/High Risk? Nope

How are you feeling? Mostly just blah. I have this horrible taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of, lots of food aversions, and yesterday I got nauseous after a long walk in the heat and humidity  

Rants/Raves? My son is starting to feel better, but now I've got a sore throat. 🙄 One of my older boys turned 9 today, so I'm super thankful for pizza and balloons by delivery! 

Questions? Has anyone else gone through preterm labor/delivery? With my 2nd son I started having preterm labor at 28 weeks, but after a short hospital stay and bed rest for another 6 weeks he was born at 34 weeks, and only required one week in the NICU. Since then I've had 3 full term deliveries  At my appointment on Friday my midwife scheduled an ultrasound dlfor my next visit to start monitoring my cervical length and offered progesterone during 2nd/3rd trimester. I've never been offered that before- and I'm wondering if anyone else has and what their experience was like. 

GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? Sorry, this is an impossible question. I love soooo many books that I could never choose a favorite. 
  • modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited August 2021
    @babyodo sorry you're sick too! Hopefully you start feeling better very soon. Also- good for you for going through your doctor for the NIPT! I can't believe you aren't being seen until 16 weeks! 😳

@kafl1788 summer birthdays have problems too! The kids don't see see friends a ton over the summer once they are school age, so parties are kind of meh.

• ninrmsninrms member
    edited August 2021
    Wow, so many of us are sick! My husband got a sore throat, aches, lethargy, etc last week (and is still getting over it)—but I had been symptom free. Well, yesterday def finally came down with what he had. :( He did a COVID test, which was negative, so I’m thinking I won’t get one. (We’re both vaccinated, but I know that doesn’t stop anything.)

@kaf1788 DS1 was born 12/18, so I totally feel you with the winter birthdays! (Mine is in Feb.) Because his is so close to Christmas I had been planning on offering the half birthday thing to him when he’s older.

How Far Along? 14 weeks tomorrow 

Upcoming Appointments? Early September

TTGP Grad? No

IF/RPL/High Risk? No

How are you feeling? I was finally starting to get more energy and have more of an appetite…then this stupid illness hit. So not great.

Rants/Raves? I’m so stressed about childcare for DS1 right now. I teach part time and I’ve been on the list for daycare for forever for this fall. My friend had been watching DS1 the last 15 months or so 1-2 days a week, which we were planning on this fall (+daycare - day), but she can’t watch him anymore AND I just found out the daycare doesn’t actually have a spot for us. The other two daycares won’t have openings until MAYBE December. And there are no other options (though I’m desperately working on it).

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? High school English teacher here—super hard to choose! (And currently not reading anything; last spring I crammed and read SO MANY books because we were figuring out new curriculum!).

A recent favorite of mine is “Half of a Yellow Sun” by Adichie. “Cosmicomics” by Calvino is also one of my very favorites.
  • @ninrms ugh yes my son's Bday is 12/27 so aside from being winter it's just a huge PITA so close to Christmas (don't tell him I said that lol). Half birthday celebration seems likely next year.
  • @kaf1788 I’m 12/29. I feel the same lol
  • How Far Along? 13+0
    Upcoming Appointments? 
    Waiting to figure out next appt. Nothing this week 
    TTGP Grad? 
    Kinda, but not really. Made like 2 posts. Intended to participate more…
    IF/RPL/High Risk? 
    High risk. CHI in my last pregnancy, so we’re in the literal do or die period. The placenta is either working, or my body is attacking it. I really hope the antirejection meds I am on are working 
    How are you feeling? 
    Physically good. Not super happy with the start of a double chin…. 😩 emotionally, I’m doing well disconnecting myself from feeling all the feelings. Otherwise I’d be an anxious mess. 
    Rants/Raves? 
    My 4yo started preschool dance today. It was a fight because she changed her mind and didn’t want to do dance, but then LOVED it and it was the cutest thing ever. 😍
    Questions? 
    Natm
    Ohhh favorite book series is Harry Potter. Hands down… even if JK is a giant TERF 😩 for book club, I’m reading Angel of Greenwood. I’m almost done, and it’s hard to get through this last bit. Good so far though. 
  • How Far Along? 14 weeks

Upcoming Appointments? Next week

TTGP Grad? 

IF/RPL/High Risk? AMA, RPL, thyroid

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good.  The morning sickness isn't hitting every day now, so that's been good.  I've been trying to consistently get outside more during the day, so the dog has been all about that.  So now I'm just waiting for the 2nd trimester energy to appear, and I'll be set lol.

Rants/Raves? I am pretty excited for my new walking shoes to arrive.  They should be here at the end of this week, I think. DS1 is so excited for his birthday party on Saturday, so fingers crossed DS2 is feeling better by then. I swear daycare sickness just keeps hitting them.  They had RSV and ear infections 2 weeks ago, and now there is some other (milder, thank goodness) cold going through the center.

Questions? Not kid related, but where does everyone find their audio books? The library? I'm on the phone the majority of the time when I'm driving for work, so not sure how that would work going through my phone?

GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? I don't think I have a favorite-favorite book, but I have a lot that I like.  I miss reading for fun.  Before our company sold their plane, I used to read so much when I traveled, but now that the plane is gone, I drive 99% of the time.  So most of the time when I read, I read journal articles and informational books.

@babyodo I hope you're feeling better today.  Daycare sickness is rough. It's amazing how many things tiny humans can bring home to share.  That's great that you were able to get your NIPT bloodwork done!

@effie0513 Did you do your NIPT through Natera? That's who did mine, and they didn't release the information until after I talked with a nurse to discuss the results.  I vote for messaging your doctor and asking. After following a few OB's on Instagram, I decided it would take a lot for them to think I'm crazy lol. 

@lexilougolden I'm glad the Zofran is working! How did your dress pickup/try on go? Your wedding is on Saturday?

@kaf1788 I'm glad you're feeling better! Do kids do well with half birthday celebrations? I hadn't even thought about winter birthday parties yet.  DS1 and DS2 are both summer birthdays. That will make things harder to plan.  This also takes me back to all the skating rink birthday parties back in the day.

@chgilmore Were you able to get an appointment with your midwives? I hope you're feeling better, too.  How did the partnership meeting go, and how does a partnership practice work? Are you all essentially independent contractors (not sure that's the right word for it) or do you pool your resources so you can get better benefits, like insurance rates?

@modoodles Pizza and balloons = heaven in our house.  The boys love balloons, so I hope he had a good birthday. Also, I hope you're feeling better (I think almost everyone on this board is sick right now!). I haven't gone through preterm labor/delivery, so I won't be much help there.  I took progesterone suppositories all 1st trimester, but stopped at 12 weeks, but that was based on my RPL history.

@ninrms I hope you're feeling better.  There is RSV and a daycare cold going around here right now.  I'm glad YH's Covid test came back negative!  Daycare is stressful to find.  Do you know any SAHM who would be willing to watch him while you're working?  I'll have to look up the books you mentioned.  I love reading, I just haven't had time.

@angelz429 I hope your antirejection meds are working, too.  You have been in my thoughts and prayers as you move through this portion of your pregnancy.  I was a competitive dancer from ages 8-17, and little kids in dance are my favorite.  What class is she taking? I've been contemplating enrolling DS1 in dance classes to help with his balance and coordination. I just can't decide if dance or gymnastics would help more. He's so tall and so clumsy lol.  I also like the Harry Potter books and was disappointed in how JK acted.
  • @makingbacon I hope the birthday party goes well! Hopefully all the germs will stay away too so that everyone feels well! I get my audiobooks from the library and use Overdrive or Libby to listen to them. It's great! I listen while I get ready in the morning, driving/running errands.

Wedding is Friday!! <3
  • @effie0513 If you did it through Natera, did you register? If you register you can see when the results are posted. I actually got my results from my doctor before they posted on Natera but I wonder if they do have to wait for the doc to release them. My doctor told me results usually take 10 to 14 days but we got them in a week. THey could still be processing. Hugs and I hope you reach out and get an answer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kaf1788 I feel you!!!! I wanted an October or May baby so bad to have nice weather birthday parties and my daughter is January and this 2nd one is beginning of February :( I didnt have a ton of friends growing up so when I hit my teenage years my parents would take me and 4 or 5 friends on a weekend trip. I loved it so maybe my girls will want to do that too instead of a party. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How Far Along? 14w 5d

Upcoming Appointments? Not for another couple of weeks

IF/RPL/High Risk? High Risk with Factor V

How are you feeling? Had horrible migraines Saturday and Sunday that I think was from the Pfizer vaccine, I still had a head ache yesterday and today but nothing I cant manage. Still 100% worth it.

Rants/Raves? Rant and Rave I guess. My gf's husband manages a country singer and he just got asked to play Red Rock! Ive always wanted to go to Red Rock and I wont go while Im pregnant. Im soooooo jealous!!!!!

Questions?
    Growing up I loved Christopher Pike and as an adult I love all of his adult novels. More recently I finished the Silo Saga by Hugh Howey and loved it! Im super picky about my books and sometimes it will take me 6 months to find the next book I want to read. I havent found my next book yet :(  Im currently reading the bible. Its chronological and split up to where you read it in a year, so thats my goal this year, to read the whole bible. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @makingbacon I second the Libby app that @lexilougolden mentioned—it’s my go-to for myself and my students! Just need a library card, so your selection is as good as your library’s.

And I hadn’t even thought about asking a SAHM! I have one friend with a 10 month old—she might be able to do a day a week. I got an email back (after calling and finding o it yesterday they had no spots) from my top choice daycare, and she said that if Covid restrictions are looser than last year, they’ll have 1 day/week to offer, which we said we’d take. Possibility to add more throughout the year. I work 3 days one week, 2 the next, so it’s wonky and hard to find care (the plan has always been for DH to cover either thursdays/fridays, so really we just need the 1-2 days covered). There’s a possibility this works out—but also not lol.

@angelz429 YA like young adult right?? If you have any book recommendations for my students, I’d take them! (I teach 11/12 grade, plus a remedial 10th grade class). I require a self-selected book for independent reading each quarter, and I’m working on building my classroom library with lots of current high-interest books, both YA and not. (I also log every book my students have ever read, since we end each quarter with a one-on-one “book talk” together, which is so fun! It helps make recommendations to other students.)
  • @makingbacon she’s just in a preschool dance class that does basic ballet and tap and also in a preschool gymnastics. Nothing award winning lol

@ninrms oh so many!! Ok so:
    transmale series, The Witch King
    LGBT friendly Arthurian duology: Once & Future
    the best book I’ve read in a long time was Legendborn (part of a series, I don’t think the second book is out yet). It’s Arthurian retelling too
    Romeo & Juliet retelling: These Violent Delights
    Will △⃒⃘lways love Ready Player One
    I am not a fan of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, but really enjoyed all of her other ShadowHunter Series, my favorite being The Clockwork Angel series. 
    Curse Workers series was a fun and fast read
    Shatter Me was a great series, classic YA, but only the first 3, the last 3 not so good lol
    Six of Crows is a fantastic duology 
    classic YA, The Maze Runner series, but my favorite was actually the prequel
    Inkheart 💜
    Hunger Games (my cat is named Finnick)

Great Standalone books:
    With the Fire on High
    The Hate U Give
    Gods of Jade and Shadow
    The Game of Love and Death (I never would have picked this but was one of my hands down favorite book club reads ever)
    The Coldest Girl in Coldtown (fun vampire read)
    Angel of Greenwood (about the massacre of black wallstreet)

I have more too, but these were the standouts over the last few years 😊
  • @livingoffpbjs I love country music, so even though I don't know which country song, I'll join you in your jealousy lol.  I'm also glad you're feeling better after getting vaccinated! I'm sure you said, but I don't remember, which one did you get?

@ninrms I have a library card so I will have to try that one! I'll have DS1 with me next time I travel (we'll be close to my parents so he's getting dropped off on my way through), but I have a few other trips after that to try.

@angelz429 The littles are still my favorite lol.  They were always so cute in class.  Once I was older, a couple of us would assist during class, and they just always brought so much energy to class.  Now that I have kids, I 100% understand that the parents were hoping they'd leave that energy at the dance studio so they would sleep lol.
  • @makingbacon overdrive from the library but also hoopla from the library. I also use it to rent ebooks you expand our library with my kids. Brielle loves being able to pick out new books at bedtime. 
  • @chgilmore I'm sorry you are dealing with being so sick, hopefully the day you had yesterday helped you recover a bit. 

@modoodles I had a premature rupture of my membranes at 33w6d that sent me to the hospital. I had the shots they use to stop labor and then I was on bedrest essentially until I gave birth. They had me on antibiotics and checked my temperature regularily to make sure no infection set in. I ended up having her at 34w6d and she spent a week in the NICU as well. Had she made it one more day cooking we probably could have avoided the NICU but I digress. When I asked my midwife about it this appointment she said that it was most likely a fluke thing that happened and didn't recommend anything different like progesterone. They are going to pull up some studies to see what may help strengthen my water bag...nothing hurts to try it.

@makingbacon I use Audible app on my phone for my books, I am in a membership where I get one credit a month to purchase but they have a lot of free options too

How Far Along? 
    12w
    Upcoming Appointments? 9/1 with the other midwife in the practice, I'm looking forward to seeing her again since she was the one who was with me during the birth of DD2
    How are you feeling? I stayed home from work today, first time I had to call in all pregnancy so far. I have been meh since Monday and when I threw up after brushing my teeth at 3am on top of the migraine that was starting...I was not going to put myself through a day of torture. I slept sooo much, it was needed. I'm still battling a headache but I feel more normal.
    Rants/Raves? DH has been the most amazing support. He didn't once ask me to help around the house today or take on extra eyes for the kiddos. It was like I wasn't around which was nice since I called in so I could rest. He is a SAHD so it was just another work day for him.
    Questions? natm
    GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? My favorite book is "The Great Alone" by Kristin Hannah. I got that as one of my book of the months and it was fantastic. I loved the Outlander series (read it after watching the STARZ series and am so glad I did). Agh, so many more I could name so we'll leave it at that lol.
    I listen to audio books on my drive to and from work since it's an hour away. I just finished the Dragon Blood series which I really enjoyed and am currently listening to "All the Lovely Pieces," I'm on the edge of my seat trying to figure out how it's going to end, I have about 3 car rides until I find out.

• @makingbacon fx your kiddo starts feeling better before the party :) the partnership interview went well, but the numbers didn't work out (it would be an independent contractor situation with a group practice, and given what hours I can reasonably work right now I just wouldn't be making enough) so I've decided to dive head first into private practice!...I am terrified and excited all at the same time. I didn't get in to see my midwives but I am feeling 100% better as of yesterday afternoon so it worked out I guess?

• How Far Along? 15 wks 2 days 
    Upcoming Appointments? Sep 2 for reg check, then anatomy appt sept 9🎉🎉🎉
    TTGP Grad? No 
    IF/RPL/High Risk? Will be finding out at anatomy appt. The place my ob is sending me also happens to be a center for high risk moms. 
    How are you feeling? Better! But little nervous. They found a cervical mass and I also have a lump in R boob. Sooo just trying to keep a level head 
    Rants/Raves? Other than trying to figure out what to eat every minute of every day & creating my registry 😩 so overwhelming!!! 
    Questions? Anyone else doing gender reveals ? 
    GTKY: What is your favorite book (it's National Book Lover's Day) or What book are you currently reading? Unfortunately,  it's been a minute since I've picked up a book. I used to have a library in my room growing up, but as an adult, I've fallen off with it. I do want to go back. So I'm open to suggestions 
  • @JEM2014 my son was 6.5 when my daughter was born. I LOVE my age gap, though it is hard to find other parents with the same. 

Yes, that’s paternalistic and annoying, sorry. 
  • @makingbacon See, Im not a country fan but I love all live music, so even when Ive gone to this guys shows I love it because I just appreciate live music so much. Once they release it publicly Ill let you know who it is to see if you recognize his name since hes still new  but is shooting up there pretty quick. This kid cant even legally drink lol. 
    I got the pfizer shot, Im still struggling with headaches but at least they arent as bad as over the weekend. I just dont want to take tylenol every day, i dont like taking medicines while pregnant if I can help it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow you felt flutters 😊🤗 I can’t wait for the that.