February 2022 Moms
Options

August Cravings

I NEEDED ham fried rice last night at 10:45PM. MH tried in earnest to find some but sadly we didn't have any late night Chinese food places available.

It's okay though because I got sick 15 minutes later anyway! :D

Re: August Cravings

• Options
    @lexilougolden oh no! I asked my husband to pick up chicken to throw on the grill for me (he and the kids wanted fish) but after he got home I saw someone post a photo of a gyro on FB and now I can't stop thinking about gyros. The closest gyro place is an hour and a half away, so that's not happening. 😔
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Toasted French bread with spinach or spinach and artichoke dip. I've bought my second batch in a matter of a week. Sooo yummy.

• Options
    modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited August 2021
    I am having fewer cravings and more aversions. I just want cold food all the time. 
  • Options
    Ice cold water and salty stuff. Salty almonds hit the spot last night. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @alylove11 I feel you on the ice cold water. Our ice machine broke and it will take like 6 weeks to have it replaced under warranty. I am DYING without it - like I feel like I can't drink water anymore. We have the trays but it's just not the same  :D
  • Options
    I just had spaghetti with some of that raw cut sauce, and for the first time in a long time, the onions did not bother me! It hit the spot! 
  • Options
    Oooooo count me as +1 for ice water. 

Oranges have been a craving this week for me, I've had one every morning and it's helping me to keep something in my stomach. It feels so hit and miss lately with food. I couldn't even take more than a bite of pork yesterday or the day prior so it remains a guessing game of what is going to sit well and what isn't.

• Options
    @ohsunnydays2 Ohhh I have been craving a frozen Coke like crazy—Hulu keeps advertising them from McDonald’s. I live in a small rural town, though, and the closest McDonald’s is 1.5 hrs away!! 😭 I’ve been craving all sorts of McDonald’s things, actually, and I rarely eat it.
  • Options
    @chgilmore Yes!! It’s the ads getting me, too! And Taco Bell is the only other specific place I’ve been craving! The closest Taco Bell is even further away, lol.
  • Options
    @chgilmore yupppp or it doesn't even have to be ad, just a suggestion. We were watching some show where they were eating buffalo wings last night and now I've demanded that we are having Wing Stop for dinner tonight.
  • Options
    @kaf1788 yes the suggestions!!!! I had a similar experience with boneless wings. I watched an interviewer on Youtube grill Kristen Stewart as they eat increasingly spicier wings
  • Options
    Speaking of wings—I bought a bottle of Frank’s hot sauce, and that stuff has gone on more food than I’d like to admit 🙈
  • Options
    Pre-pregnancy I only drank room temp water but in that past few weeks I’ve Needed ice water at all times lol
    No food cravings atm but I’ve had them in the earlier weeks.
  • Options
    I was lying in bed last night craving soft pretzels like crazy…so this morning I made these and they were SO GOOD!

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/easy-homemade-soft-pretzels/#tasty-recipes-66433-jump-target

And (speaking of Frank’s hot sauce) I made this cheese dip to go with it:

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/spicy-nacho-cheese-sauce/comment-page-1/#tasty-recipes-75460-jump-target
  • Options
    @ninrms I now want soft pretzels with cheese. Those are going on my to-make list for the week. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon They were  surprisingly easy! I opted for the baking soda bath instead of egg wash. It made 12 smallish pretzels, and after I ate four in one day I decided to freeze the rest 😂 Microwaved one for DH last night and it was just as yummy!
  • Options
    I had soft pretzels and buffalo chicken dip yesterday! What a coincidence! Haha! Though I did not make them...  ;)