March 2022 Moms
Options

PGAL 8/6

PanaceiaPanaceia member
edited August 2021 in March 2022 Moms
Sorry I forgot to post yesterday!

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Re: PGAL 8/6

• Options
    Weeks/EDD? 7+2 / March 23

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMCs at 14 weeks and 10 weeks respectively, CP at 4 weeks and MC at 7 weeks

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically like dirt...which I am loving...though I'm struggling HARD with my level of nausea and vomiting. Emotionally...still very detached. I'm still not believing good things can happen for me. I can't even think about the upcoming first ultrasound without breaking down. 

Any appointment updates? Thursday will be my first ultrasound. Everything else depends on what happens Thursday.

Any big milestones? I just passed 7 weeks which was how far I was with my latest loss...so that's something. Now to get through Thursday with a heartbeat💓

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can we talk about hcg and symptoms with your losses? I need something to get me through to Thursday with something resembling hope. With my first (14 week) loss I had symptoms but I don't think I started throwing up until around 10 weeks? I didn't have betas done until after the loss was confirmed and I had already started to hemorrhage...and I think they were around 64,000. With my 2nd loss my symptoms started around 8 weeks I think and my betas at 15dpo were around 130 and at 17dpo were around 360 (so pretty low but doubling normaly). With my 7 week loss I had zero symptoms and then a tiny spot of blood so I took myself to the ER and they confirmed the loss and hcg was only in the 300s (and went up to the 600s a week after the loss...which was strange...but was what it was). I'm holding on to this hope that since I've been sicker than I ever have been this early with either of my healthy pregnancies (and WAY earlier than with my losses) and my tests progressed at the same rate, or even a little faster, than with DD2 (I only tested once with DD1 because I didn't know then what I know now...) that it must be a good sign. For those of you with later losses that maybe stopped growing around the 6 to 8 week mark, did you have milder symptoms, or slower line progression, or lower hcg? I mean...I probably know the answer to these questions but I feel like I need other people to tell me that my horrible nausea and vomiting is a good sign...I still have 6 days to go and I'm already losing my poop:/
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 3/3 10w2d

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 7w in April

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Migraines like I’ve never had before ever lately and shooting belly pains which freak me out but are probably round ligament pains

Any appointment updates? Go the 20th for my 12w

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions? I know this whole thread a is TW, but TW

my best friend was due a week after me and just had a MC. I’m so devastated for her but it’s also giving me anxiety about my own pregnancy

@Panaceia you’ll remember my line progress was super slow last time, I’m marking all of that as positive signs for a healthy sticky baby!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gembud I'm so sorry about your friend ❤ Also the round ligament pain started super early with DD2 and this time around started at like 5 weeks so I'm sure you're just feeling the stretching as baby geiws
  • Options
    Also sorry for putting the wrong date in the title 😅 It's fixed now. I'll blame it on pregnancy brain.
  • Options
    @gembud I'm so sorry about your friend. That is hard in so many ways and would of course make you feel nervous. I would agree that it is probably round ligament pain. I've been getting it too. 

@Panaceia thanks for starting this! I didn't do betas or line precession with my loss, but there was a clear shift in symptoms. They were very mild for the two weeks leading up to when I found out. So I do think strong symptoms are a good sign. 

Weeks/EDD? 3/3 10+2

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMC at 11 weeks in 2018

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I am feeling okay overall. I know some people hate dopplers but that thing gives me so much peace of mind. Physically I was feeling horrible until this week. I actually cried the other day because I was so weak I could barely lift my arms to put laundry away. Well I got my blood work back and my iron was super low. I started taking a supplement, and holy cow, I feel so much better.

Any appointment updates? No. I don't have another appointment until I'm 16 weeks 😩...so annoyed and am almost considering switching practices. They are just too busy.

Any big milestones? Not until I'm almost 12 weeks. So hitting the second tri will be a big milestone. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant is that I am skipping the NIPT. My insurance won't cover it and it is just turning into such a hassle to figure out how to order the test and do it out of pocket. I'm frustrated but I'm letting it go. 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 I love my doppler too, although I am currently only finding it 50% of the time it still reassures me some. And yea no NIPT for me either, it’s 400+ out of pocket so I will be doing the covered sequential testing like I did with my last pregnancy too
  • Options
    @gembud so sorry for your friend. It is a though situation. TW: My best friend told me she was pregnant the day after I had a D&C. Our due dates were a few days apart. We don't live near each other but still talk every week. Every week is tough for me. It took awhile for me to be able to talk to her afterthat loss, and every milestone her kiddo meets can be hard for me. I know if I want to talk about it she will listen, but she is not the person to help me though this particular challenge. Hopefully you will both be able to figure out what you each need to make it through this. 

Weeks/EDD? 8+2/ March 18

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 10/2015 and 12/2019

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? So very tired. I'm going to miss nap time when the school year starts in a few weeks. And the vomiting has begun. 

Any appointment updates? First appointment and US is on 8/12. It is getting close, but that is making me more anxious.

Any big milestones? My last loss measured 8+2 at the first us with no heartbeat, so I'm hoping that all these symptoms means this time baby is still growing.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone have a toothpaste they really love? Something that can combat the morning sickness yuck, but that also doesn't make me want to vomit. Brushing my teeth is currently a struggle. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia with my loss last fall, i was pretty sick for about a week, then my symptoms just kind of went away. It lines up with the dating on the US and when it seems the baby stopped growing. So i'm all for symptoms and I think you're on the right track! I've never had betas so can't speak to that. 

@gembud so sorry about your friend. My best friend had a MC about a week before i found out about this pregnancy and all the feelings on both sides of that dynamic are tough. 

@kgg2241 nothing till 16 weeks? that seems forever away, but i know it's tough to get into for appts. i don't have a doppler but I'm sooooo tempted. Maybe will have to check out the local buy nothing group and see if there's something floating around. 

@luckyduck42 fx for a great appointment and strong heartbeat this week!

Weeks/EDD? 8weeks 3/20

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 3 previous losses, all pretty early. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? physically, up and down. We went for a hike yesterday and i was sick the rest of the day. today i'm just exhaused and cranky, but i think it's mostly anxiety. 

Any appointment updates? first US tomorrow. I'm extremely anxious about it. I'm feeling more confident than i was with my last pregnancy (loss) so i hope that's a good thing andit all doesn't come crashing down tomorrow. If there's a heartbeat tomorrow, then i also have my OB appt on Wednesday. 

Any big milestones? Heartbeat will be a milestone for me. We haven't gotten to the heartbeat stage with any of the losses and our DD was the only heartbeat we've seen. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? big rave for B6 &unisom. I wanted to wait until after the US to start taking it, but MH talking me into starting last week. His (very logical) reasoning was that me being miserable is not going to change the outcome of our US so i might as well feel better. He's right, in the logical part of my brain, and I'm happy i listened to him for once. I have felt a lot better, though i've still been feeling some nausea though the meds in the evening. Which i will take as a good sign, per above. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words. I know there is nothing that can be done if there is no heartbeat, but I just need something to cling to to get me through to Thursday. 

@luckyduck42 We are both having our first US on the 12th. I'm also hoping that these strong symptoms = healthy baby!

@morgantu Like you sny time we've had a heartbeat we've brought a baby home. So I'm also holding my breath for this week's us. Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure everything will be perfect 🥰 

@kgg2241 If the NIPT wasn't covered here I wouldn't be doing it either!
  • Options
    @Panaceia I keep telling myself that feeling like garbage is a good thing! Fingers crossed for the 12th!
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm so sorry. What a terrible thing to have to go through. I hope you can stay, but understand how overwhelming the feelings must be. Sending comfort through this pregnancy and beyond. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia @luckyduck42 @MorganWP hoping you all have good ultrasounds this week!
    @gembud I have a similar experience where my friend and I were doing IVF two weeks apart. She lost her baby just as I had my 1st scan with a heartbeat. I am so gutted for her since it was her one and only embryo :(
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I am so sorry for what you experienced. I'm sure you are going through a lot of emotions right now.

Weeks/EDD? 8w5d/3-16-22

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? My 2nd IUI last July 2020 worked, but learned that I would miscarry at my 8w appt. My first appointment at 7w went great with a strong HB, so I was hoping for good news at my 8w appt. I was so devastated.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally, I'm doing ok. Not in the safe zone yet, so cautiously optimistic. Physically, exhausted is my middle name.

Any appointment updates? 9/1 w/ MFM and 9/20 with my OB

Any big milestones? My recent ultrasounds saw some strong HBs, so just trying to make it to my next appt.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
  • Options
    @morgantu yay!!! Such good news ❤️. 
  • Options
    @morgantu yay yay yay yay!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @morgantu YAYA YAY YAY!!!!!!
  • Options
    @luckyduck42 I just bought Colgate Max Fresh and it is amazing so far!!! Does not make me gag or want to vomit so I'm definitely recommending it...I've had it a few weeks too so I don't think it's just the novelty.
  • Options
    @gembud I'm so sorry about your friend :(

@Panaceia the doctors keep reassuring me that lots of symptoms is a good sign!
    Unfortunately I'm not much help with answering how it went for me since my first was at 6 weeks and I wasn't having a lot of symptoms yet.
    The second one, I lost so much blood that I had weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea etc for over 6 weeks so any pregnancy symptoms were hidden by all that
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts oh my gosh, I cant imagine what you went through. I am so deeply sorry. I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly and that babe dances Early and constantly for you ❤️
  • Options
    Thank you @goldfishcraker ❤ I know it may seem silly but every little bit of reassurance I get means a lot!
  • Options
    @morgantu yay! Awesome news ❤🤞

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018!