Stay at Home Moms

Anxiety

Okay this is a question for the MOMMAS with anxiety. 

I'll start by saying I wasn't an anxious person growing up, or even after my first born (who is now 5 years old). With our Nov 2021 baby, I wasn't anxious daily either. Fast forward to the last year and a half, I'm now an incredibly anxious person and it's driving me nuts and making me sad. 

My anxiety ALL revolves around my son's and their health. If one of them even seems a little 'off' my mind starts racing; I'm taking temperatures constantly watching them like a hawk, and over analyzing every single thing. My logical brain knows it's nothing serious, and my anxious brain convinces me otherwise (not that they necessarily have covid, just that they'll be sick for weeks or have to go to the hospital). 

Do I sound crazy? Yup. Am I hoping someone else has felt crazy and has come out sane on the other side? YUP. I don't even know what I'm looking for - solidarity? Therapy recs? Ways to calm myself down? 

If you made it this far, thank you. I appreciate you.

Re: Anxiety

• This is a few months after you posted, so I’m not sure you’ll see this. You are definitely not alone! I would highly recommend reaching out to someone who can help you find ways to manage the anxiety. To me, what you’re describing sounds similar to ocd type of intrusive thoughts— which absolutely suck but can be made so much better with therapy and exercises to help you! It’s helped me a ton. It also makes sense to me that your anxiety could be worse this last year and a half. COVID times have made a lot feel more stressful/unknown/scary and that could creep up in other ways. 

If you do read this, hope you know you are not alone!! Hope you find something that will help you to feel better ♥️
  • COVID has made our lives completely different and your not alone. Alot of people have actually developed anxiety there are life changes that you can make to feel better. Try desensitization to your triggers. Hope this helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds like you may be experiencing postpartum anxiety, which is something to discuss with your OBGYN. My OBGYN suggested to try therapy and, if I was still experiencing anxiety, they'd prescribe medication to treat it
  • I also struggle with anxiety and I found a great way for me to cope with it. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or stressed, I find comfort in getting lost in a good movie. It not only helps distract my mind from anxious thoughts, but also allows me to relax and unwind.
  • jareddyjareddy member
    edited October 2023
    I also struggle with anxiety and I found a great way for me to cope with it. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or stressed, I find comfort in getting lost in a good movie on this site. It not only helps distract my mind from anxious thoughts, but also allows me to relax and unwind.