February 2022 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 8.6-8.8

Since we forgot our weekly board. 💩

Re: Weekend Randoms 8.6-8.8

• Options
    So my team gives a pretty big presentation quarterly but I'm usually not involved so I booked my ultrasound an hour before the meeting (it's 20 minutes away) figuring it would be no big deal if I miss the first half. But I just got pulled in last minute for an extra analysis and do have to throw together a few slides that only really make sense in the first half of the presentation. I called about rescheduling the ultrasound but they're totally booked up for the next few weeks and I don't really want to push it. It shouldn't be a big deal to have somebody else cover presenting them but I'm kind of bummed because
    1. I actually put in a lot of work when I felt like absolute shit and would like the facetime with senior leadership to get my props lol and
    2. I feel like it makes me look irresponsible and like I planned poorly. 
  • Options
    @kaf1788 ugh. Sorry. 

Can you be put on a waitlist to be called if there’s an opening?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kaf1788 Dang. What timing! Hope that your senior leadership can recognize the work that you've done!
  • Options
    @chgilmore From a distance, the peas looked like sausage lol.  How do people come up with pizza ideas like that?! That was so nice of the lady to give you something else, but I agree, it won't cure the craving lol.

@kaf1788 That is an awful position to be in, especially when going in front of senior staff.  Is there any way to call in from somewhere else, like the parking lot with your cell phone's hot spot?

• Options
    @lexilougolden That is exciting! Fingers crossed you feel good that day. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else going through pregnancy acne? The right side of my face could be mistaken for a 🍕it’s so bad. I’ve never dealt with more than a pimple or two at a time so this is so frustrating. I don’t really care about how I look since I have a mask on most of the day LOL but I just want to feel like myself. Any suggestions?
    I Don’t know what the sex is but I’ve always heard, “girls steal your beauty.” 😬😳
  • Options
    @chgilmore I literally shuddered at that pizza. I refuse to eat peas period. There is a pickle pizza at the state fair this year and I don't quite get it. I love pickles but not on my pizza. 

@lexilougolden fingers crossed you feel great day of!

We have a busy day planned tomorrow. Im at my MILs right now with the family visiting then we're all going to the fair together. Then on the way home we'll stop at a work function for me. An outdoor game with a lot of picnic space. It's been so busy that we wanted to do something fun for the employees and the families as a thank you. I'm already exhausted lol

• Options
    @2022_ivf_momma I have more acne than usual, and it pops up randomly on my face. I WFH so I’m able to wash my face/use astringent a few times a day, and that has helped. I usually get a weird rash on my back in the middle of 2nd trimester, so just waiting for that to appear next. I have 2 boys and had acne with both of them. 

@angelob88 Your plans for tonight sound really fun. I’m now thinking about all the fair food I would eat lol. 
  • Options
    @angelob88 so… pickle pizza doesn’t sound horrible to me. And not in a pregnancy way lol. 

My favorite toppings on pizza are pickled jalapeños (which initially auto corrected to kale penis 🤷🏻‍♀️) and pickled banana peppers. So the right pickle might be good!
  • Options
    Really acne with both boys 😮 Well I can’t complain too much this is really been my only major pregnancy issues so I’ll figure it out. I’ve tried cleansers and things for the past two weeks but maybe I’m making it worse because it hasn’t gotten better. I’m just going to leave it alone for now. I did see were you posted acne patches so I may give those a try before I give up.
  • Options
    @lexilougolden but not on pizza!!!!!! so excited for you <3
    @angelob88 I share your peas aversion, just thinking about them makes me gag. you have so many plans!!
    @2022_ivf_momma hoo yeah, it's practically cyclical. just when it clears up enough to be covered by make up, BAM another breakout across my face and back. 
  • Options
    @modoodles hey, it happens, I hope your kiddo starts feeling better soon and you can get some sleep 
  • Options
    My hubs is out of town this weekend so I have both kiddos. 

Today is chores day and tomorrow I told them we could have some fun. 

So cleaning and picking up school supplies and medication and dance uniforms today. Blah. Lol
  • Options
    @JWatt5 LOVE the cupcake stand! So cute:)
  • Options
    @JWatt5 well that’s adorable. 
  • Options
    @JWatt5 It looks lovely! Great work!
  • Options
    @JWatt5 that looks so sweet! Love it! 
  • Options
    Introducing the 4yo to TMNT by watching the movie from 1990 lol
  • Options
    @JWatt5 that looks so cute! Great job!

Fair yesterday was a blast, a little rainy but overall the weather was perfect. The game for work got rained out though and I have to say it was not a bad thing in my eyes, I was exhausted!

Today is also rainy, its going to be a slack at the house/finish my schoolwork day. I need rest.

• Options
    @JWatt5 That looks amazing! I love the hanging globes and the cupcake stand. Also, those cookies look almost too pretty to eat...but I’d still eat them lol. 

@modoodles and @ninrms DS1 is sick again, and I feel you on not having any energy. He’s older, so at least he could tell me the problem, but he was up every 2 hours crying last night. We are dragging today and hoping he’s better this week because his birthday party is next weekend. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon Oh gosh—I hope he recovers soon! It’s nasty how many colds and flus are flying around right now. :(
  • Options
    @kaf1788 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    @kaf1788 Dying!   :D
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the advice and support about my acne ladies! I don’t feel alone anymore.

@JWatt5 The baby shower looked lovely! 

@kaf1788 That is too funny 🤣🤣