April 2022 Moms

August Randoms

*Insert random thoughts here*

Re: August Randoms

• Is it actually August?!
  • I love that we got 4 days in before anyone realized we were still posting in a July randoms. (myself included...I didn't even process that it was a new month.)

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Loading the player...
  • @kiwi2628 where are you going for you child free vacation?

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Today's our wedding anniversary, and I still didn't really register it was August... 
  • DD passed her baked milk challenge! She did so well. She was way less bored than I was. We both napped so hard when we got home (we had to get up 3 hours earlier than we usually do). Baked egg is in 15 days, and then assuming she passes (which is iffy because her numbers are high) ~store bought muffins are in our future lol. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 that is wonderful news! and must be such a relief. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Nvm, she failed the maintenance dose this morning at home. She's fine now, but we can't continue the protocol. Alas.
  • @doxiemoxie212 Argh. At home, too! After all the doctors with their helpful medical technology were gone.
  • @Avrilmai I’m in upstate NY at Lake George. Massive lake north of Saratoga at my friends lake house. It’s beautiful up here and there are 14 of us up here in the home. We go up every year as a friend group and it’s so much fun!
  • Nvm, she failed the maintenance dose this morning at home. She's fine now, but we can't continue the protocol. Alas.
    Ahh that sucks. What’s the next step as far as treatment? More office challenges? 
  • Hi!! New to the group. Just wanted to pop in the ransoms and say hi.

Dairy allergies are so hard. We have a friends who has a son who has to deal with a dairy allergy and I try and be accommodating as much as possible. When my second child was born she has a slight sensitivity to dairy when I ate and and she nursed, so I had to cut it out for a long time after she was born. We were lucky to have grown out of it. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @FishyMom cutting out foods for sensitivity but not allergy can actually be dangerous - it can lead to full on anaphylactic allergies. Common misconception - and also difficult since often the sensitivity can present as eczema which makes them at increased risk for other allergies. 

But yes, dairy is a really annoying allergy because people forget that dairy isn't just, like, a whole glass of milk, or they think its lactose intolerance. I have to say, "My 3yo is deathly allergic to dairy - butter, cheese yogurt, any of it. I will have to take this epipen and jam it in her leg and take her to the ER. Are you SURE there is no dairy in this?" And at that point they get freaked out and don't want to serve her lol so I make 99% of our meals from scratch at home. 
  • I went on a longer hike this morning with DH and DS, and I’m already getting excited for babywearing this new one as we hike in our new area! 
  • Anyone “look” pregnant yet? Someone at work asked if I was today and I’m only 6 weeks. Made me feel kind of bad because I don’t think I should be showing yet — but then again this is #3 so maybe my body is just primed for it? Or maybe I’m just fat... womp womp 
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • @winterviolethope I swear I do. I think it’s mostly bloat, but I definitely look it! Someone called me out for my first at like 8 weeks, so I think I’m just one to really bloat!
  • Yea, the babies are at most the size of a blueberry so we're all just pregnant with poop right now lol 
  • @winterviolethope I don't at the moment, but I don't expect it to last as long as it did the first time. I had DR, so I know my ab muscles are not at all what they used to be...le sigh...
    Also, um that's rude...how did you respond?

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @winterviolethope I too am on baby 3 and am only 3w6d today and am already thinking about maternity clothes as I’m so bloated already  😂 with my first I had someone come up to me that I used to take the train with and ask me if I was pregnant - I was only 6 weeks. I said yes but lied and said I was 9 weeks because I was si
    embarassed they could tell already 🤣😅
  • It’s lovingly referred to as a blump right now. A bloat bump. 
  • So just got a call from my RE that she’d like me to take progesterone supplements. Which I’m not against by any means, but they took my progesterone last Thursday, and are just getting back to me today (apparently my RE was out of the office until today). I’m so thankful to have her still monitoring me since this was a spontaneous pregnancy, but this is no good for my nerves! Deep breaths…
  • bumble1995bumble1995 member
    edited August 2021
    I wasn’t sure which feed to post this on..
    so I’ve had to get my blood drawn for the past week because I started bleeding 4 days after finding out I was pregnant. First HCG level was 79, 2nd was taken a little over 48 hrs and was 159, 3rd was taken 4 days later and was 371. I’m SOOOOO worried. It didn’t double correctly. 😭 They put me on progesterone because those levels were low also. I’m scared it might be ectopic but the levels are too low to see anything right now. And now I don’t get my next blood draw until Monday, that’ll be a week from the last.

Does anyone have any stories or know of anyone whose levels were like that but still have a healthy pregnancy?
  • Soooo, after I was booked for my first ultrasound at 10 weeks…the nurse just called and said that I can have a beta draw this week. Going later this morning! Hopefully this will calm my nerves-one way or the other. I have a long way to wait for the first appt….
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @amberray13 I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Something like that would weigh heavy on my heart, too. I’m not a doctor and don’t have personal experience, but it sounds like your care team is treating you like you’re still pregnant, and I would hold on to that. I’ve known other women who have taken progesterone for every pregnancy, and had great healthy pregnancies.
  • @fameonmain2 I’m glad you got your supplements! Sounds like the RE clinic did you a solid, but they definitely took their sweet time.
  • @amberray13 I'm sorry you're so worried right now. The worry and anxiety can be overwhelming. I hope you're finding a way to take care of yourself to make it through these next few days. I can't think of any stories like the ones youre looking for. 

@fameonmain2 wow I can't believe they waited that long to tell you to start it. Glad the RE is still a part of your care team. The shift from RE office to OB office was bittersweet for me.

@queenklau fx for a great beta are they doing trending? 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @Avrilmai, I would imagine so. That’s what they did the last 2 times. But the lab technician said that they would call me if/when a re-draw is needed.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @amberray13 why do you think it's ectopic? My understanding is that ectopic pregnancies often include pretty high levels of HCG since the doubling time starts earlier than other pregnancies. Are you feeling pain on one side?
  • I'm due 4/13. I use medical marijuana legally for back pain and insomnia. I have cut back drastically since finding out I'm pregnant and have gone 2 days now without, at the suggestion of my OB. But it's so hard to sleep at night now and back is killing me towards the end of the day. Any STMs use MMJ with their last pregnancy? Pros/ cons of continuing or discontinuing use? Also- can I use melatonin? Google wasn't very helpful there.
  • @sarahhedger7 Welcome! I'm so sorry you're going through pain and insomnia. That's such a tough combo. I've had several friends who had to stop taking effective medications due to pregnancy risks, and it was hard on them.

Marijuana has studies linking it to poor birth outcomes, including developmental problems later in life, but it really isn't very well-studied since most of the studies have some confounding factors. You might be able to find anecdotes from individual women who say it's ok to use, but that won't be reliable information compared to research. https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/factsheets/pregnancy.htm

Your OB should be able to provide you a list of medications that are safe to take. A couple examples: doxylamine (Unisom Sleep Tabs) and acetaminophen (Tylenol) are both pregnancy Category B drugs and thought to be safe. There are more powerful options with less safety information, but are still probably safer than marijuana. And definitely don't underestimate the power of some solid sleep routines, ice packs, and rest. Your OB should be helping you find alternative management that balances benefits and risks.
  • @sarahhedger7 Agreed with what @loveanddatadriven said. I know several women who continued to use cannabis during their pregnancies, but the available research so far (somewhat limited because it only really got started when states started to legalize) does raise concerns about negative outcomes. I personally wouldn’t, but of course you have to weigh your own personal pros and cons. 
  • I ran a (virtual) 5K race today (a monthly tradition with my mom and sister throughout the pandemic). This got me thinking: what does everyone’s workout routine look like right now? Any modifications you plan to make during pregnancy? 
  • @sarahhedger7 THC is fully legal here in CA so I used it for insomnia prior to pregnancy too. The studies on it in pregnancy are pretty negative, though, so I really would not use in pregnancy - especially if you're smoking it because then your lungs are the filtration device vs eating it where your liver is. Again, neither is something I would recommend, but I'm much more comfortable with liver filtering than lungs.

My OB actually approved occasional valium use for anxiety attacks and insomnia, since I can't take any other psych meds. Most people can take SSRIs, though, so it might be worth asking about that since sometimes pain and insomnia can be related to depression. 

I have been using very, very low dose melatonin (1mg), but there's some contradictory data on it (some studies say it has a neuro-protective effect on the fetus, but the general school of thought is still that there isn't enough data on it to say one way or the other). 
  • I was at a birth last night, and oh it was so hard with first trimester symptoms! The mom crushed it though, and had a beautiful little girl at 2:30 this morning. 

Of course, when I got home around 4 am, the dog barked and woke both our kids up, so I had to nurse them back to sleep before I could crash (thank goodness for bedsharing), and my husband let me sleep until 9:30. 
  • @monstera13 I ran a 5k today too! I kept running with both my previous pregnancies, until 32 weeks with baby #1, until 20 weeks with #2, then I switched to walking or swimming. I modified ab exercises when I got a legit bump, and switched from regular to prenatal yoga around the same time. 

If anyone has a Peloton I hear there is some dedicated prenatal content on there. 
  • @maggiemadeit there is, but it's not really that different from the regular content. It's like cycling and HIIT classes but every 2 minutes they remind you it's fine to slow down in pregnancy lol so I think most people could also just remind themselves of that and pick the instructors or music or whatever they like best (I can never - even outside of pregnancy - hit the metrics they're asking for so I just have to accept being really low on the leaderboard lol). 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Dang, I was hoping for more! I am also a bottom of the leaderboard type. I just turn it off so I don’t get discouraged at how poor I am at cycling lol
  • @maggiemadeit Nice job on your 5K today! I didn't work out enough during my first pregnancy (leading to more weight gain than I wanted), but I did do a sprint-distance triathlon at 16 weeks and the swim leg of a half-Ironman at 34 weeks, so apparently I was in alright shape haha. I'm currently running 3-4 times a week and hope to keep that up as long as I can in this pregnancy. I'd also want to get back into swimming if I can find a pool by my new house. 
  • @monstera13 Wow, that is impressive!
  • @monstera13 congrats on the 5K. I've been slacking on the fitness/working out since we started this FET cycle, but my gym offers prenatal fitness classes once I get clearance from my OB. So, I'll start those once I get the okay from the doc. I also go back to yoga and walking. 

If anyone has Apple Fitness+ they added some prenatal workouts, but my free trial ended before I was pregnant, so I'm not sure what the classes are like. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET