February 2022 Moms
Options

Monday BF 8.2.2021

Re: Monday BF 8.2.2021

• Options
    @makingbacon part of me would want to lie and just tell them its a boy or a girl, but then if you just tell them youre having a girl and do have a boy and they have bought you all pink and "girl" stuff lol it could backfire

^I know thats a crappy sentence but Im just meh today and dont feel like fixing it

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @makingbacon PREACH girl! I wish people would stop thinking that just because you have two children that are the same gender that you automatically want/"need" the opposite. I would be perfectly content having a 3rd baby girl. I know DH has always wanted to have a little boy whether that's cultural or not, but I also know he would be happy and content with 3 girls. Having a surprise with our second was fantastic and I'm with you on Team Green for this one as well.

AFM - my boss is a horrendous person today. She came in without any "good morning" to anyone, lashing out verbally at anyone in firing range. I have avoided her and will continue to for the next 1:45 until I get the heck out of this office. It's Monday, no one needs to perpetuate the attitude around the office. We've been under enough pressure without it.

• Options
    @livingoffpbjs I went ahead and blew it the rest of the way up lol. I told them that even if we did accidentally find out before baby is born, we still won’t tell them. 

@angelob88 I just don’t get it. I understand potential gender disappointment for the expectant parents, but I’m wondering now if I should brace myself for family disappointment if this baby isn’t a girl? This one is it regardless of what baby is. Hopefully you’re able to escape your boss today without getting hit with her bad mood directly. Bad moods on Monday from management tend to set the tone for the week, so hopefully your week goes well. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon Comments like "you deserve a girl" are ridiculous! The baby is what it is! What does it matter if they find out at birth? That's crazy. Sorry you have to put up with that but I lol-ed at your comment,"I told them that even if we did accidentally find out before baby is born, we still won’t tell them." :D

My BF: Went to my doctor for a pap smear. She knows that I have been spotting so she asks "do you want to wait and do this after the baby is born?" I have no idea... I am not educated on the risks of waiting (and something being a problem on my pap smear) vs having a pap smear and spotting a little. I said we should go ahead and do it-- I'm here, I'm ready... She starts and tells me that my cervix is very low and sensitive--thus the spotting I've encountered on and off for months. She finishes and says "So, we probably should have waited!" Because I bled a little from a simple pap? I was frustrated because I still don't get the risks of spotting from a pap. Why bother and say that I essentially made the wrong choice...what's done is done. Also, if you feel strongly as the doctor about something...you should have encouraged me in the direction you would have chosen.

**I'm probably hormonal so this little experience was way more annoying than I normally would make it out to be.
  • Options
    @lexilougolden ugh that's so annoying. I had a similar experience when I went to the dentist last week. The dental assistant ushered me right into the chair and said she was going to do X-Rays so I right away asked if that was okay to do pregnant. She was like "do you want to wait until next time?" Like, I don't know! I'm not the one with schooling in x-ray technology - you tell me! So I had her go ask the dentist  and they decided to hold off. Seems like something they should have asked about beforehand - I'm sure there's plenty of people who wouldn't have even thought to ask.
  • Options
    @lexilougolden That is frustrating. You’d think she would’ve called it off after placing the speculum and looking before doing the pap smear. I had one done while I was pregnant with DS1, and it didn’t seem like it made the spotting any better or worse. 

@kaf1788 You would think they would have a pregnancy protocol or something. You aren’t the first pregnant person to walk through the door.