TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 8.2

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 30w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a platypus πŸ˜‚

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: 8/12 for 32 week appt and TDAP!Β 

How are you feeling?: I’m honestly just fried. I’m so tired and out of breath all of the time. Idk if height has anything to do with pregnancy lol but I feel like my abdomen is so short that baby doesn’t have much elsewhere to go. I’m only 5’1 so I just feel like I’m walking around with a bowling ball strapped to me every day. πŸ₯²

Rants/Raves: Rave- got my maternity pics back and I love basically all of them! She did a great job.Β 

Rant: DH and I were talking to MIL last night, showing her maternity pics, and an updated photo of the nursery. DH told her we were waiting on our adorable mobile to come in the mail for the crib and she basically went into a big speech telling us to β€œstop buying things”. I tried to gently tell her when it’s decor that I’d like to buy those things myself but she basically kept insisting that people will buy us things that aren’t on our registry? It was odd. Like yes, people have already bought us things not on the registry, but I literally have received zero decor items. I think it’s just kind of a thing people understand, that the parents would like to choose the decorations? Then on top of that she said β€œwhat I’m trying to say is when you have two weeks left and you’re both panicking, we will buy you things.” Am I crazy or…. Why would we wait until I’m β€œpanicking”??? I’m so lost. I think she’s under the impression that we need more help from them financially than we really do- but if she’s wanting to gift us something, I’m so confused on the waiting to do it until I’m panicking statement?? What’s the purpose? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Questions:

GTKY: Share a meme about your job!

• Loading the player...
  • @chindimples04 omg that lake house thing would annoy me also! I guess the views will be pretty but… with the heat lately it would’ve been nice to get into the water!Β 
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited August 2021
    @chindimples04 so many lakes in the Upper Midwest are seeing an increase in amoebas/bad algae because of the extra hot weather. Is that why? Or is it just always an unswimmable lake? Either way that blows.Β 

@madiirosee is this her first grandchild? We had the first Grand on my H's side and she said/did so many nonsensical things at first. I think she wanted to be more involved than she could have been (bc its not her pregnancy) , and was also just nervous about her (grown) baby entering this new phase of his life, and didn't really know how to transition to this new phase of her parenting journey, so she was just... really weird for a good year or so... not making excuses for your MIL, but it made it easier for me to ignore her weirdness once I realized that. Hopefully your MIL chills out and realizes you guys got this.Β 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/23 28+2!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: eggplant, must be extra huge because there's no way this kid is that small.Β 

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’š

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow for.28 week check up and glocola.Β 

How are you feeling?: tired huge and ready for Oct.Β 

Rants/Raves: more house projects completed. We're so close to listing our house! Cross your fingers for us, Friends! Also DS (4) started tball and it was the most adorable thing.Β 

Questions:

• @vampirina it is her first yes… but I will say i do think that because my SIL and husband who are due a month after me are not doing so well financially that she may be thinking we need more help as well? It is interesting and I agree with your point that she’s probably just not saying the right things always since it’s her first grand baby. I definitely was quiet and non defensive when she was talking. DH did most of the responding lolΒ 
  • @galentine I thought we'd decided on a name. Ordered a onesie with her name on it, immediately panicked that I hated the middle name and cancelled the order. Now I'm worried we have to start from scratch because we don't agree on any other middle options πŸ˜…
  • @galentine we definitely do not have names and I'm weird not stressed about it but I probably should be? I'm more stressed about the house so I don't have time or energy to be stressed about the name. Maybe we'll get a nice nurse/doctor/ anesthesialogist/janitor at the hospital with a cool name we can borrow.Β 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29+6 Oct 12

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Barbie convertible

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+:4tm

Upcoming appointments: 32 week scan and ob

How are you feeling?: Good but huge and sweaty

Rants/Raves: entering the 30s weeks is getting me all sorts or excited and anxious!!

#sahm πŸ˜…

• @gingermama46, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your girls weekend. Rookie mistake not taking an extra day off, though πŸ˜‰ Always always take an extra day. My coworkers call it the "re-entry" day, as in, you need a day to re-enter the real world!
  • @galentine my friend told me the same thing!! Next time, we got home around 2 yesterday but I am still beat!

Also the fact that you love Parks and Rec and Leslie Knope and are a government worker like her is just great, i love itΒ  :D
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 29+4
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cauliflower

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: Thursday!

How are you feeling?: Really, really tired. I've taken a nap twice this week, and I've started having trouble sleeping through the night. Vicious cycle, I guess!

Rants/Raves: had a family day at the zoo! It@noprobalo a lot of fun. My daughter spent most of the time being sad she couldn't swim in the water with the sea lions and alligators, lol.

Questions: πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ @noprobalo I was actually planning to ask my doctor this week about covid precautions...like, what do I need to plan for, should we self-quarantine before the birth, I don't even know what else. So many things to think about this time around, especially with the recent uptick in cases in my area πŸ˜•

I think most of us can relate to this meme after the past year and a half of shut downs and work from home policies! Lol.
  • @cait32 I've only ever had AMA pregnancies, so I don't really know any different. I've had growth scans every month, but that could also be related to my weird uterus and history of IUGR. I passed on the amniocentesis πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
  • @cait32, it took me a long time to really buy-in to being Team πŸ’š. I really did it for my husband. But now that I've likely had my last ultrasound (barring unforseen complications) and have had my final chance to find out, I'm feeling SO EXCITED! I cannot wait to find out if my DD is getting a brother or sister! The delivery room surprise will be so amazing!
  • @cait32 I got absolutely nothing done extra. I've never had an NST. I didnt have growth scans (my 4 year old was born when I was 35). Nobody has said anything about needing them now at 39.Β 
  • @cait32 Ah, maybe thats why. My son was breech so I had a c/s planned for my 39th week for at least a month before.
  • @cait32 I don't think much will be different for me this time around. They had me do an extra genetic screen early on and I have a quick u/s at every appointment. It hasn't been discussed, but I'm assuming I'll have NSTs starting around 37-38 weeks like I did with DS. With COVID and my frequent u/s's though, I wouldn't be surprised if they let me skip those or push them back until later.

@noprobalo Your question got me looking into my hospital. So far our guidance was updated at the end of June to allow one extra support person/visitor (now 2 people). I wouldn't be surprised if they back-tracked that, but I'm OK as long as I have DH. I will try to remember to ask about this at my next appointment though.Β 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 30+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Platypus to which DS said "a platypus would not make a good pet because it is poisonous and could kill you." Technically, they're venemous, ya little know-it-all 🀣

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Aug 20th (should have had one this week, but my doc is letting me skip it since I am apparently the least high risk that a high risk patient can be)

How are you feeling?: bigger than I look and super underprepared. The second one will just raise himself, right? Or my 5 1/2 yo will?Β 

Rants/Raves: DS did a whole year of in person preschool and no one in the entire school got COVID. He's been in Kindergarten for a week and a half and I just found out one of his classmates tested positive. Thankfully his rapid results test came back negative. This is just triggering all sorts of anxiety in me.Β 

Questions:

• @aztecash I must say, I have no sense for how big a platypus might be. Also, oof, that pun πŸ˜†
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited August 2021
    @aztecash, high five! I'm in accounting for a municipality and nearly shared this meme. Now I feel like someone else will appreciate it πŸ˜‚

ETA - confession time for those who know Parks and Rec. I'm really Ben Wyatt and not Leslie Knope!! πŸ™ˆ

• @aztecash He knows more than me, because I had no idea they were anything more than dangerously cute??

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15 - 29+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Weighs as much as a trumpet

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Friday the 6th

How are you feeling?: Huge, I just don't understand how I still have 2 months to go??Β 

Rants/Raves: Today is the big Great Wolf Lodge $84 sale and they don't have any dates that will work for me. Unless I want to bring a 3 day old. Boohoo

Rave: My son started his new daycare yesterday! And good thing since all of a sudden they aren't sure what school opening will look like!!! ARGGGGG

Questions: I'm still thinking about how I had "great fluid" at my 3d ultrasound despite not EXACTLY following their instructions. I wonder if it's too high? My OB didn't measure me last time.Β 

I don't think there are any memes about my actual job.Β