February 2022 Moms

Re: Questions for STM+

• edited August 2021
    Posting this selfishly now because I need help. Haha I’m trying to go through DS1s (3.5) toys and baby stuff that I’ve kept trying to decide what to keep and what to throw away. He is so spoiled and has always had a ton of stuff but I’m feeling guilty getting rid of everything (anything) 😅 because this baby is a boy too! I’m anticipating this baby being spoiled too, so financially buying some of this stuff won’t be a problem. But I need advice! I’m going to keep the special toys and outfits. Like his Melissa and doug stuff and anything that I think is special. I have the space too so I could keep it all, but that just seems silly. Looking at all of his stuff is making me sentimental and I’m having mom guilt. 🙃 What do you think? 
  • @photographerwife I will admit hoarding everything from DS1 for DS2, but I did try to get rid of stuff after I figured out what DS2 liked and didn’t like. It went in the donate/give away pile if they both didn’t like it. If you’re looking for a good teether down the road, the only thing I’ve had luck with are the teething tubes with tiny ridges on them. I didn’t know about them for DS1, but DS2 is obsessed with them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @photographerwife I think @makingbacon has a pretty good idea. If you have the room to save it (for now), it makes sense to keep it at least until you know what DS2 will want/need/be into! And then you can sell or donate what seems excessive as baby 2 grows. As far as sentimentality goes—are there certain things you know you’ll want to get a second of so that DS2 has his own? Or are you more worried about giving away something DS1 might be sad about or you might be sad about? I can say that I am *def* a sentimental person, and I tend to save a lot, but I’m working on it. Especially after my (very well-intentioned) mom brought over several boxes of childhood things of mine…a huge box of papers and projects from elementary, another box of early childhood momentous (tons of stuff)!, a couple boxes of baby clothes, and that’s not even counting the MANY boxes of my childhood toys I know are still at her house! On one hand, I’m so grateful she saved so much and allowed me the choice of what I’ll continue to save. Ok the other hand? I panicked! We don’t have a ton of storage, and omg what am I supposed to do with this stuff?? (Just food for thought! I hope it helps!)

Had anyone bought those silly but sweet matching newborn + mama sets from Milkmaid? I didn’t with DS1, but want to get a robe + newborn set (and likely pj set for DS1) and have been eyeing milk maid, but it’s expensive! They have a pattern set I like in everyone’s size…worth it??
  • @ninrms I haven’t ordered any matching sets from Milkmaid, but I did order 2 nursing covers/car seat covers from them. They were expensive, but they looked just as good for DS2 as they did when I bought them for DS1. I travel a lot for work, so the boys always had 1, and I always carried the 2nd one in my pump bag because I pumped while driving. I say if you like them, go for it.