Pregnant after IF
Options

Just got BFP

Hi everyone,

i was on the infertility board and after 2 years of infertility, 6 timed intercourse (thanks COVID) a dozenish IUI’s, all BFN’s, failed IVF (couldn’t even do PGT-A or ICSI),  surgery for DH, and 1 practice IUI, we finally have our BFP yesterday!!!!

it was a blood test. I was so sure I wasn’t that I didn’t even pee on a stick. The doctor wants me to come back on Monday for a second test to see if the hcg has doubled. I’m thrilled and over the moon to finally hear the news. I cried when they called. The whole staff was on speaker. But now I’m getting nervous. I keep shoving any negative thoughts and won’t entertain them but anxiety is growing. I keep going to check that I’m not bleeding. It’s surreal and I feel that alot of this is the trauma of infertility for do long. I was working on my exit plan. I knew exactly what we were doing for the next 3 cycles and based on each result i had plan a-z lined up for the next cycle. In all honesty this was a practice round. DH had surgery 3 months ago for sperm and wouldn't have the most effective sperm until Aug 3. We did this last IUI as a practice to see how I responded to new medications. We used 3 frozen and 1 fresh sample for a total of 2 mil sperm. Had sex twice. We really weren’t expecting this. So yes I’m over the moon but I was already at a cracking point. 

(I do see a therapist but it would be nice to hear from others like me)

Re: Just got BFP

• Options
    Congratulations on your BFP!! How exciting! I truly believe that infertility takes a huge toll on us all mentally. I am 36 weeks pregnant right now with my first after IUIs and IVF with ICSI, and I’m still having thoughts of “is this real?” So, I’m sorry to say, I don’t think that feeling ever truly goes away. But try to enjoy every moment of being pregnant as much as you can! It goes by quickly. 
  • Options
    @lylf we got our BFP’s the same day! I have also struggled with IF and we did a round of IVF. Went for the blood test yesterday and was shocked when we got the call! I had to take a test to visually see it! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! 🎉
     I’m 15wks tmrw after IVF and many years of IF and loss. It still doesn’t feel real for me either. It’s going to be fun ride but you got this!
  • Options
    @lylf how did your second beta go?
  • Options
    lylflylf member
    @KTB81 it went well nearly quadrupled. 

I’m 6 weeks today and have my first ultrasound on Monday. :smiley:  just can’t believe it and I’m still constantly checking for a period and everytime I confirm I don’t have it I let out a giant sigh and pet baby. 
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you! What is your due date? 

I got another beta today because I had a scare last Friday. Beta came in at over 50,000. I’m 6 weeks 1 day as of today and ultrasound is next Wednesday. 

Please keep me updated with your ultrasound. I’m in the same boat as you and 2022_ivf_mama. Just doesn’t seem real yet! Congrats ladies!!!!