February 2022 Moms

Re: 7.30 FFC

• @modoodles I'm the same. I already have the name I want if baby is a girl, but haven't told my husband the name. My husband shared the girl name he likes, and I told him no.  :D

I have no clue on boy names.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man,  I'm at a complete loss for names.  This is hard!
  • Vote #4 for discussing names. We just keep going down the list of alternate names for our boys. So DS2 was named DS1’s alternate name, and if this baby is DS3, he’ll most likely get DS2’s alternate name. If this baby is a girl, we have a problem because we don’t like any of each other’s picks. 
  • My favorite thing about my last bump board was reading all the names people came up with. I’m now stumped for names too. 😬 Our first starts with an R and we were set on an R name for the second (if a girl), but now that we are expecting twins I feel like I would have to name all three with an R if we went with our first choice still and I don’t know if I’m down with that lol. 😅
  • Haha I’m the complete opposite! My husband and I basically have one girl name and one boy name we agree on so it was never even really a discussion for our first pregnancy. If this one ends up being a second boy we’re screwed. Otherwise we are already pretty set on our girl name! (Clara Josephine if you want to keep me honest 😂)
  • brittany_fbrittany_f member
    edited July 2021
    My FFC: Where we are located is making it very hard to get medical care at the moment. No one allows children in the room due to the new standards. Which is beyond frustrating because it’s summer, I have a kid and absolutely no child care (not even a family member in the area). So not only do I have to work appointments around my husband’s full time work schedule, he obviously wants to be involved in the entire process, but can’t because he has to watch her instead. It’s making me feel very “meh” about the whole process. Anyone else running into this? 

***Edited to add: Not looking to start a Covid conversation, I realize that these practices are in place for a reason and will do my part accordingly. Just really bumming me out.***
  • @kaf1788 Ohh, I love Clara! However my brother's daughter is Claire-- too close for me.
  • It always amazes me how many people I don’t like when choosing names. I went to grad school with a girl, and I could never tell if she actually liked me or not, but one of her little girl’s middle names is my name, so I figure she must not dislike me too much if she does lol. 

@kaf1788 I love your girl name! Are you finding out what you’re having or are you team green?

@brittany_f Congratulations on twins! How set on the 2nd “R” name are you? We had DS2 in June 2020, so not a stranger to Covid restrictions. Are there any neighborhood teenagers who could watch your daughter so he can go?
  • @makingbacon thanks! We were pretty set as it’s the only one on my list that MH agreed on lol. But we’ll see how this plays out. We live in an older populated neighborhood so none that I know of. Honestly though, she starts school in a few weeks and all my appointments can now be during those hours with MH meeting me on his lunch. So it’s honestly me just complaining. 😅 
  • @makingbacon I second that "I don't like that name because of x person" reasoning! I thought MH and I had decided on a name...but then because of all his criteria for names, he has decided that that name may not work. He brought up "Victoria" instead; I cannot, because of the nickname Vicky and the "Icky Vicky" song from Fairly Odd Parents. 

My FFC...drinking water is hard. I frequently struggle to get enough. And I always suffer because of it. But then I still don't drink the water.
  • @kaf1788 I love the name Josephine (and Clara too!) One of my students this year is Josephine, so it's yet to be decided if that name stays on the short list. I had her sister last year, and was told by the sister that she's a real terror. 😆 

@chgilmore I feel like I'm drinking a lot of water during the day, but then I wake up in the middle of the night so thirsty!  I don't want to drink water at night because I'll just wake up again needing to pee, so I usually just lay in bed suffering till I finally give in. 
  • @makingbacon I actually already took the at home Sneak Peek test and it said girl but I just know with my luck it’s going to end up being wrong! 😂 fingers crossed!

I’ve been having a really tough time drinking enough water lately too. This is such a first world problem but we have one of those fancy nugget ice machines and it just broke and now I cannot drink water without it. I need my water really really cold and for some reason the ice from the trays is not doing it for me!
  • @kaf1788 water tastes different without the proper amount of ice! my bougie problem is that it has to have some kind of flavor in it...but only specific flavors. lately it's been a splash of ginger limeade, but ideally it'd be fresh lemon, but my water bottle mouth hole (there has to be a real word for this?) isn't big enough for a lemon wedge and I don't have an infuser bottle so I suffer
    @effie0513 I feel you on the lying in bed suffering! 
  • I had this baby named before conception 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @kaf1788 That would be my luck, too lol. I think from all the stories I’ve heard, it’s more likely to be wrong for a boy than a girl because of sample contamination. So finger crossed! 

@chgilmore I drink a decent amount of water, but I feel like I drink a lot more juice now than I did pre-pregnancy. 

@brittany_f Complain away lol. I saw on your intro that you’re concerned about the age gap. There are almost 3 years between DS1 and DS2, and it has been really good. DS1 has played with DS2 since DS2 was a few months old. It’s also nice because if you’re changing a diaper somewhere other than where the extra supplies are and need something, the tiny helper can go get it vs grabbing the non-diapered baby and running for it. Because I always realize I am out of diapers in the diaper bag after I take the dirty diaper off.
  • @makingbacon lol thanks. And isn’t that how it always happens lol? Diaper off and you’re out of something. My thing was always wipes! 🤦🏻‍♀️ But I’m definitely banking on her being a good helper. Her love language is words of affirmation and she loves being told how helpful she is and what a good job she’s doing. She’s going to be a great big sister I just hope they will all play together. 🤞🏻
  • We were supposed to go swimming at my in-laws' today (and celebrate a few family birthdays) but I'm at that weird stage where I'm not quite ready for maternity-style clothes but don't really fit into my "normal" sized clothes. I tried on my bathing suit and it was kind of obscene and not at all flattering. So I told my husband I wasn't feeling well and asked if he could just take the kiddo and go without me (even though for once in my life I actually am not feeling terrible). And am spending the afternoon drowning my sorrows in carbs and binging Sex/Life on Netflix instead.
  • @kaf1788 tbh what you ended up doing sounds like a perfect afternoon anyways :)
  • @chgilmore oh yea it was honestly way more enjoyable than going to my in-laws 😂 but nobody else needs to know that lol..
  • I dont know if this goes here or not but Im so possessive of my baby.
    As in, I hate when i tell people and they all of a sudden start trying to guess what Im having, or they want to know our names we are thinking of or what the heart beat is etc. I dont know why but I just feel super possessive and dont want anyone thinking about my baby. Does anyone feel like this? Am I just ridiculous? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs - I am the same but probably worse! I remember telling my in-laws we were pregnant and DHs sister and mother hugged each other first. This time around SIL said “we’re” having another baby? Ahh no I am with DH. 
    I didn’t have a baby for other people. I had one because I wanted one. No I don’t want to have you hold the baby, I like holding my baby. No I don’t care what you think of the name. I really don’t care that you were hoping it was a girl. 
    Im not as bad with my own family but I’m still possessive with them. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @livingoffpbjs Okay I'm glad you said this because I feel the same way and was feeling very weird about it. Like to the point that I wasn't excited AT ALL to announce to our families even though we have great relationships with them and they are nothing but happy and excited and supportive of us. 
  • @livingoffpbjs I’m the same way, but after baby is born. My parents will be taking care of the boys while I’m in the hospital, and I know they’re going to swoop in and steal baby as soon as I walk through the door. They haven’t been here for any births, so that will not be pretty. 
  • Oh man, Im so happy to hear its not just me, I feel like a monster. Ill just be like "Oh man the nausea is worse this time" and someone will go, that must mean youre going to have a boy! and in my head Im like just stfu, no one asked you. And its close family of mine so I cant believe I feel this way. 

My Dad was pissed I didnt let them know when I went into labor, I called my parents after I had my daughter. My Dad wanted to be in the waiting room, he was so mad he almost didnt drive out that night to see us lol but my Mom made him drive her. This time around I will need someone to watch our daughter so they will have to know and I might have my Mom there with me since Im 80% sure I dont even want my husband in the room. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs I'm like half hoping that my hospital maintains visitor restrictions so I have an excuse to not have anybody visit in the hospital. Even pre-Covid with my son children weren't allowed to visit because it was a really bad flu season so it's likely that could be the policy next February. In that case absolutely nobody will be allowed because I'd be so sad if my son wasn't the first one to meet his baby sister. If somehow there aren't any restrictions it will be a little dicier because obviously my parents would have to bring my son and my in-laws would probably have their feelings hurt but.... I don't really care. If I could feasibly ask my parents to just drop off my son and leave without coming in I probably would  :D
  • @kaf1788 I get it, Im also half hoping it will be the same by then, I obviously want things to get better but also, I like the limit of only 2 people being allowed and no one even allowed to being in the waiting room. If my Dad wants to tailgate outside I will gladly Simba my child from the inside by a window. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don’t know that I feel “possessive” of the baby—but something similar for sure. We don’t tell a soul our possible names BC what other people think just doesn’t matter (and how often does someone else try to ruin a name for you??). 

We live way far away from all family. Closest family is mine, and they’re 12 hours away. DH’s is across the country. So, luckily, I don’t have to worry at all about relatives wanting to pour into the hospital (or even our house!) once I’m in labor/having the baby. Likely my mom will come visit though, since she’ll be the only one who can watch our toddler when the baby comes. But it will most likely be just her.
  • @livingoffpbjs - we didn’t tell anyone when we went in to have DS either. And no one was allowed to come visit for a week (other than yes I saw my parents but they live down the street). My SIL found out she was mad we didn’t tell her and said ok I’ll be there tomorrow - ahhh nope. I’m trying to breastfeed and my hoohaw just got mangled. I need some time. 
    Our hospital is currently recommending no visitors until we have a negative test 7 days after leaving the hospital and then masked visits only after we leave to hospital due to Covid. And there’s one support person only allowed. I’m ok with this lol. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• +1 on that possessive/protectiveness! I don't want anyone poking around in our business. it's one thing if I choose to share stuff or ask for advice, but gtfo with your unsolicited thoughts and opinions on how badly I need a rocking chair.
  • @chgilmore lol, Ive never had anyone talk to me about needing a rocking chair lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs I hadn't either! I was in the middle of telling my mom that I picked out a chair when she blurted out "oh, you're going to need a rocking chair, of course you'll want it" like...I was just telling you I got one? 
  • If I could seriously hide my pregnancy from everyone for the whole 40 weeks I would haha. 
    Pregnancy Ticker