March 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Maternity Clothes

Jump in and tell us your favorite (or not so favorite) maternity clothing items. 
Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

Re: Product Spotlight: Maternity Clothes

• Options
    Kindred Bravely is my favorite in terms of bras and loungewear. Doubles as nursing clothing so that was a plus for me. I also love the Jessica Simpson jeans. I will never wear normal pants again. I typically just wear T-shirt’s or dig through my husband’s side of the closet until those don’t fit. Liz Lange I think was the brand I bought, it was from Target.

I’m starting from scratch this time because, of course, I got rid of everything since “4 and no more”. But here we are.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I like the maternity clothes from Gap and Target. Simple, a little boring, but soft, comfy, and well made
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jessier19 +1 to Target. Always affordable and easy to dress up or down. And I live in that stuff after baby too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I loved my Old Navy maternity clothes. This time around, I need winter clothes, I have mostly summer. 

I NEED recommendations for nursing bras for big boobs! I struggled finding something that fit last time. Who makes them in 38 DDD?
  • Options
    @luckyduck42 look at kindred bravely or a website called Figleaves
    I’m a 34J 😳 it’s ridiculous. I have had nursing bras from that website for 5 years and they’ve held up through 4 babies. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @luckyduck42 I love Bravado for nursing bras. They are sooooo comfortable, fit great and they go up to J in their cup size too!
  • Options
    Any recommendations for maternity leggings? I used the same ones for DD2 that I wore for DD1...but they are almost 8 years old now and have definitely seen better days. I have tons of tops that I love, so I just need to figure out where to get leggings...I'm 5'11" so if anyone knows ones that come in longer sizes I'd love some recommendations!
  • Options
    @v2hb @Panaceia I will take a look at those!
  • Options
    @Panaceia not sure if you're into the side pockets on leggings at all, but I just got the kindred bravely leggings with them and looooove them. I also got some Nike maternity leggings that are super comfy, but no pockets so a little less useful for me. 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 Thank you! I am definitely going to check out both!!!
  • Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for good supportive sports bras for pregnancy/beyond? Went for a run for the first time in a few weeks on Thursday and yikes, I'm going to need to upgrade those soon.
  • Options
    @trails15 I have great ones from Bravado that I love. I wear them all the time!
  • Options
    @trails15 like @Panaceia, I am also a big fan of Bravado. They have the one for yoga which works better for sports than the regular ones. I think I bought 4 during my first pregnancy and am still using them. 
  • Options
    gembudgembud member
    Most of my cute work dresses I got from ASOS they also have great occasion maternity dresses. I got to the point where H’s shirts weren’t cutting it for pjs but I really wanted cheap maternity pjs cause it seemed silly to even buy and I got those at boohoo. Love target and old navy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I really love Universal Standard. Not maternity wear but size inclusive and fabrics are very stretchy/forgiving. I wear their dresses throughout pregnancy and postpartum. They’re having a sale right now, too. 

And +1 for kindred bravely bras. I also like the Senita nursing sports bras. 
  • Options
    I second ASOS. Most of my maternity clothes are from there. I also splurged on a pair of black Madewell jeans during my last pregnancy and I have zero regrets. I wore them pretty much every day to work and will do the same this pregnancy. 

I have this nursing nightgown in several colors. It's the best. Soft and easy. Highly recommend.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M9N6BJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_CTAFQZE4Q7CSX56SHN39
  • Options
    @Panaceia Fellow tall girl here, 6'0. My last 3 pregnancies I just ordered regular, cheap, leggings on Amazon in a size up. I've heard good things about GAP though, so I might check those out this time around.

@trails15 I recommend SheFit bras! They are super adjustable, and come in low-high impact. 
  • Options
    This is my first winter pregnancy, so I need to upgrade my pregnancy wardrobe. My last 3 pregnancies I just wore dresses, leggings, and shorts most of the time. I don't usually buy actual maternity clothes though, just regular clothes in a slightly bigger size. I usually end up wearing them for a while postpartum. 
  • Options
    @smoresdoeuvres My first is a January baby. I just wore leggings, tank tops and cardigans the whole time. I did need maternity leggings (mostly because I didn't want to completely ruin my normal ones) but other than that I just loaded up on maternity tanks and Ts (I got nursing ones so I could use them after) and just threw cardigans over them all winter. I'll be doing the same this time too:) I did buy a maternity/baby wearing winter coat with DD2 that turns into a normal winter coat when not pregnant or baby wearing, so I'll be using that again this time around too:)
  • Options
    @Panaceia That coat sounds awesome! I will probably be needing a new winter coat this year, now that I think about it. Maybe I can find something like that around here in Minnesota.
  • Options
    @smoresdoeuvres heyyyyyy fellow Minnesotan. I was suspect when you said Caribou!! 
  • Options
    @smoresdoeuvres Try Seraphine. O got a baby wearing zip up from there that I ADORE and they have lots of great coats and clothing too!
  • Options
    @smoresdoeuvres @Patience7150 hellooooo, neighbors! I’m not a native Minnesotan but I’ve lived in Minneapolis for 14 years so I guess it counts as Home!
  • Options
    @Patience7150 @rachelredhead
    Oh hello there!! Yay for fellow MN mommas!

@Panaceia Thank you, I'll check it out!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried any of the subscription boxes for maternity clothes? Like StitchFix or Nordstrom Trunk Club?
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life I did a couple stitch fix maternity boxes and bought a few things. I probably won’t do them this time because now I use ThredUP more. They have maternity stuff, too, and you can do a box for thrifted maternity. I’ll be trying that at some point. 
  • Options
    Friend of mine recommended these joggers: Aerie Real Soft Foldover Jogger. They're not advertised for maternity, but I read the reviews, and they sound awesome! I ordered two pairs.
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 I bought those about 6 months ago and as soon as I put them on I thought about how they would make awesome maternity pants!!! I hope you enjoy them!
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life I've used Stitch Fix when I'm not pregnant and just switched it over last month. I should be getting my first box sometime soon, we'll see how it goes!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @jlbaker08 I’d love to hear how you like it! I’m contemplating a maternity subscription for a little extra self care 🥰
  • Options
    Also coming in to say kindred bravely and old navy are my favorites. I still live in the two pairs of kindred bravely joggers I bought last time around (and now will use this as an excuse to buy the other colors 😆) I loved that old navy always had cheap sales. I’m sad most of my cute spring/summery maternity stuff won’t get worn this time around. Dresses were so easy peasy. 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 I just reused my dresses in the winter...threw on a pair of tights under and cardigan over;)
  • Options
    @Panaceia yes! I did this last pregnancy! Bought a few of those swing dresses from Old Navy that def worked with a belly.
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life my first box came early this week, there were 4 shirts and a pair of jean capris.  One shirt was sort of flowy and dressy, the others were more casual/everyday wear.  I liked what I received and the prices weren't outrageous (no individual piece was over $58)  I would feel weird keeping everything, they're mostly side ruching and I'm not showing yet so it feels early to buy a bunch of them
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Just a recommendation to look at poshmark. It’s a great way to get gently used maternity clothes and I also bought several baby carriers (the wild bird slings are so pretty but so expensive new) on poshmark. 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead yes! I got my Wildbird sling on Poshmark for a pretty good price. I also get tons of baby clothes on there. I didn't think of checking out maternity. Good idea. 
  • Options
    rachelredheadrachelredhead member
    edited August 2021
    @kgg2241 dangerously, I discovered lots of folks on poshmark selling the Hatch Target collaboration stuff. I do not need this many jumpsuits but I justify it because a full price Hatch brand maternity outfit is bazillions of dollars but I’m doing the used Target version. 😂 I mean, that’s slightly better, I guess. I did have one Hatch item last pregnancy and, yes, it was a million dollars, but I lived in it. Wore it every other day at the end of pregnancy and throughout postpartum. So while the Hatch items are very expensive, they may be worth it for a piece you think you’ll get lots of mileage out of. 

And Hatch (hatchcollection dot com) is having an end of season sale right now, just FYI. 😬
  • Options
    @rachelredhead oh my gosh you read my mind 😂. I was just looking at all the Hatch stuff on Poshmark. I am tempted to get their maternity leggings on the regular site though. They aren't on sale but I know I'd wear them all the time... 💸. 
  • Options
    Got a good sized lot of name brand (gap, motherhood, pea in the pod etc) maternity clothes for just $80 off mercari last night. 2 pair of jeans, overalls, 1 pair of shorts, 4 leggings, 2 long sleeve and 2 short sleeve shirts, and several dresses. I think I’m more excited about the deal than actually getting the clothes 😂
  • Options
    @Panaceia I am obsessed with my Zella mamasana leggings from my last pregnancy! So comfy, great quality. 

For my last pregnancy I got jeans from Nordstrom online that were not super expensive if anyone is looking for trendy jeans