October 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 7.19

We aren’t quite ALL in the 3rd trimester but we are dang close!

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 7.19

• Options
    I really wish I was spending most of my time lying in bed. 
  • Options
    Yesterday I fell asleep in the pool because this is the greatest float ever! No pressure anywhere... trying to figure out how I can sleep this way every night until delivery! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vampirina For real. I wish I was in bed right now 🥱
  • Options
    I'm glad I am not the only one, this is the gif I sent to DH today
    Best Im Tired Welp GIFs  Gfycat
  • Options
    I fell asleep while reading to DD yesterday. We got to a page with lots of illustrations on it, and I asked her to show me where was the puppy. Then somehow fell asleep while she was looking for the puppy on the page. 😂 Thankfully she woke me by demanding, "read! Mama! Read it!" 
  • Options
    @chindimples04, exciting! What kind of van are you getting? We've been discussing a new SUV for me, but I'm afraid if we pull the trigger now, then after the baby comes I'll wish we'd have gotten  a van instead 😂 The auto open and close doors sound dreamy!
  • Options
    @chindimples04 Vans are LYFE! Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. They're just jealous of your seating capacity and storage space. 
  • Options
    LMAO. I got the prints I ordered for her wall in the nursery in the mail today and they’re legit the size of a birthday card. I must’ve misread the size or just chose the wrong one. I cried. Lol. 
  • Options
    @galentine DH wanted 3rd row seating, but liked the easier access of having two captains chairs rather than a full row. We got a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring-L (I guess a fancier version of the regular Pacifica). 

@vampirina It’s way nicer than I expected a van to be. I have always been anti-van, but I think I’m converted! 

TTC History

• Options
    vampirinavampirina member
    edited July 2021
    @chindimples04 great choice! We also have the Pacifica. Movies for daaaaaaays and alllll the cup holders! Sadly ours is doesn't have the vacuum. The only thing missing!
  • Options
    vampirinavampirina member
    edited July 2021
    FYI hanna andersson is having a pretty dang good sale right now. Almost got a ton of baby sleepers/clothes but got stuff for my daughter instead. I didn't want to drop a ton on clothes at once so baby is going have to miss out 😆. But their stuff is super nice and soft and I generally recommend it (especially if you plan to have
    more than one kid! Def hand me down quality! )
  • Options
    @vampirina no screens in ours and no vacuum, though that sounds AMAZING! 
    TTC History

• Options
    @vampira and @cait32, thanks for the heads up! I placed orders from both places! It's been one of those days and the retail therapy was much needed!!
  • Options
    I was adding a ton of primary clothes and realized I forgot how expensive baby clothes are! And you need so many of them. I used mostly hand me downs for my first two.but sold/passed them on to others (didn't think we'd have a 3rd!) So now I need to re-buy everything and ugh. $200+ every three months or so is just so much! Anyone with any tips on saving money for baby clothes... lemme know!

Also how much of each item does one need?
  • Options
    @vampirina Got a kids' consignment store nearby? The Once Upon a Child near me has bins of onesies at 10 for $10 and is constantly running sales like 'take an extra 70% off clearance items'. They price sleepers between $3 and $7 depending on size. Everything is clean and in good shape. And I plan to sell all of them back if they survive.
  • Options
    @vampira, I'm all for second hand baby clothes, but I'm personally not super comfortable buying from a consignment store where I don't know the original owners and if they were smokers, generally clean or not, etc. Hand me downs from friends, however, are the BEST! And once a year our town has a huge, city-wide garage sale day. I like to hit up the wealthy neighborhoods and buy bougie baby clothes for next to nothing. 😁
  • Options
    The the air quality in the Midwest is so crappy right now from the fires. My body cannot handle it. Headache, stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat. I’m miserable. 👎🏼
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04 same here on the east coast. Yesterday you can see a blue haze in the air all day. I could hardly breathe and my throat was scratchy as well. We are suppose to get some rain this afternoon and its suppose to clear some of it out. Although the sunset looked really cool last night
  • Options
    @chindimples04 so relatable! I can't imagine being on the west coast right now 😱. We have all our windows and doors shut, even though its not really hot out (and I hate running the AC when its pretty cool out!).
  • Options
    @chindimples04 omg I second that. Minnesota here! I forgot, you’re in WI right? 
  • Options
    @jtay85 it’s forecasted to be sunny today but because of all the smoke and humidity here, it’s cloudy and barely over 70 degrees!
    @vampirina my husband is not a thinker and had all the windows open when I got home. Not sure what part of “air quality sucks” he didn’t get. 😭
    @madiirosee yes, Wisconsin. On the news this morning they said Minnesota and Wisconsin have the worst air quality in the country right now. Lucky us.
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04 oh lovely 🙄🙄 lol. Indoors it is! I have my air purifier inside too. 
  • Options
    Our Nuna car seat is still “stuck at the ports” according to the company and I’m just annoyed and bummed out. We ordered from a local retailer end of may. They won’t even give an ETA. This is the car seat I really wanted as it’s super duper light like 5.5 lbs give or take. 
    We got the uppababy stroller so I guess if time starts running out we’ll just get the uppababy car seat but that one is 9.9 lbs 😢😢 
    really crossing my fingers we can get our seat in time. 
  • Options
    @chindimples04 Hey, not a bad thing!

My coworkers want to have a team-building event at the end of August, and they've tentatively chosen whitewater rafting. 😂😂 I told them to peace out and I'd show up if there was food afterward.
  • Options
    @chindimples04's comment reminded me of something.  

I never really noticed a difference in how people treat pregnant women in turns of courtesy and assistance. I had a service dog for my two previous pregnancies (he passed when my daughter was 1, I'll never get over it 😭), so people were usually exceptionally nice to me because my dog was so cute and friendly (and my invisible disability became visible). Like they'd open doors, smile extra big, ask how we're doing, give me their seat, let me cut in bathroom lines, etc. pretty regularly.  So there wasn't really any difference once I got pregnant.  But now I'm noticing a difference and it's pretty great! I'll take any extra perk I can get. 
  • Options
    @vampirina I definitely experienced a difference in treatment! I'd actually say it was more of a visibility/invisibility thing: before starting to show my pregnancy, people tended not to notice me, which I liked. As my belly grew, people paid much more attention: eye contact, smiles, etc. All positive attention, but it took some getting used to. The first time I went out for a walk after giving birth, it was like I was invisible again! For the first hour or so, honestly, it really threw me, even though I vastly prefer invisible anonymity. Now I have a cute little toddler running along beside me when I go out, so she gets me lots of attention. The presence or absence of a baby bump couldn't change any of that!
  • Options
    @demimondaine omg already sold out 😭😭😭 ugh thank you for the link though!!