February 2022 Moms

7/15 Pets

It looks like a lot of us have a dog or cat (or both). Do you think your pet knows your pregnant?

Re: 7/15 Pets

• @lexilougolden I have dog and no, I don't think so. She's too busy spending her time avoiding the 1 yo. 😂
  • @lexilougolden I think my cat does.  She nose bumps my stomach when I'm pregnant, but she never does it any other time.  My dog is the same as @modoodles and just attempting to survive the 3 and 1 year olds at this point lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • At first my golden retriever was a little more attentive to me and wanting to snuggle. It's hard to gauge her because she's ALWAYS attentive and affectionate. Can't wait to see her with a baby though!
  • My pit is always on me 24/7 so I cant tell if she knows or not. But she loves our daughter, Im 99% sure our dog thinks we brought our daughter home from the hospital for her lol. Towards the end of my last pregnancy she loved to rest her head on my "orb" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs I love it! so sweet!

my dog definitely knows. she's part shepherd dog and has been a lot more protective/barking around me lately. also demanding to lie across my lap more than usual. the cat I think knows, he's generally affectionate but lately has been more affectionate than usual. both of them have been trained to give high fives so I am excited for when there's fetal movement and they can high five my belly xD
  • @chgilmore
    Im eventually going to need to see a video of the cat high fiving  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs omg, I love those pics. So sweet.
  • edited July 2021
    @livingoffpbjs those are adorable! Your dog definitely thinks you brought them home just for her! Haha 

I don’t think my animals know. Maybe? But they’re all goobers anyway. I have 1 dog and 3 outside cats. (We live on a small farm). With my last pregnancy though, my cats loved to lay on my orb. 😂
    photos in spoiler 

• @photographerwife oh my gosh the way they are stretched out over your orb  <3 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • One of my cats is very sweet but not at all snuggly and usually prefers my husband. Last night he snuggled up with me in bed to go to sleep. The last time he did that was when I was pregnant with my first. I definitely think he knows! My other cat might know but I doubt she gives a shit so I'd never know  :D
  • If my cat knows, I have no idea. I would think if she did know she would be stressed because she did not do well when my son came home and to this day wants absolutely nothing to do with him. If she knew another loud human is coming to take my attention away, she would be pissed!
  • Tessie was a tad bit more snuggly when I was pregnant with DS, but nothing notable. Same thing for this time around. She does love to snuggle me, but mostly it's because I have food. Tessie and DS are BFFs, so I am sure she will do just fine when we bring home another baby.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Pax, our 11.5 yo pup isn’t pretty aloof these days. But he is up my butt suddenly to protect his new babe.