Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Wednesday 7/14

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Wednesday 7/14

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: -3, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 10 days, but that would make my cycle 26 days, which doesn't happen. So maybe my LP is longer now-I'm typically a straight 28 days kinda gal.

Testing: I mean I shouldn't til Monday. But I have 1000 wondfos and the internet says I can get a positive as early as CD 9 so...you know I'm gonna test Sunday. Maybe even Saturday because I feel weird not dipping things in my pee after doing it for 16 straight days, lol.

R/R: It's really lovely out today! We didn't go to the lake beach because it was supposed to storm but now its pretty nice out and I'm annoyed that I didn't. 

CS/Q: 
  • Options
    @SmashJam I would deserve getting blasted for this craziness, but according to this website 9% of pregnant women test positive as early as DPO 6 using wondfos. https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/brand-chart.php?brandid=52 And that's tomorrow for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking from wto*

@SmashJam @loveanddatadriven big caveat though is that data is most likely inaccurate because it's entirely self-reported and I'd wager many if not most of those 6dpos had actually ovulated earlier than they thought. Implantation generally occurs maaaaaybe 6dpo or later, and it takes a couple days for hcg levels to get high enough to turn a test. According to FF, the average day of first BFP in their users is 13.6dpo, with 10% of pregnancy charts having a positive at 10dpo. I know they have a detailed brand by brand chart too but my break is over and I can't find it lol.
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven lol why are you torturing me? I bet the only explanation for those is incorrect ovulation date recorded.
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte very valid points. Self-reported data is always sketchier. And identifying O for even the most experienced is really hard without your own personal ultrasound. That fertilized egg needs time to float to the right place and implant, so I agree taking a test DPO 6 is crazy unless the tester isn’t sure about O-day.

Logically, the best time for me to test is 2 days before expected AF, so I can choose my time to be disappointed instead of being blindsided by AF.

@SmashJam I’m in the same boat with a thousand cheapies that are about to expire. Trying to wait until DPO 9 myself (2 days before expected AF), but I only used a couple OPKs (no temping) this time around so my DPOs might be off.
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte we must have been typing at the same time with the same thoughts bc I missed your response earlier! I wouldn't expect a positive until 10dpo really. All signs point to a reasonably accurate O date so no out of the blue early positives possible here!!