Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS 7/12

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless  extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

***If you are having a hard day Re: TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy, or labor & delivery experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WAYDTGKU:

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: Best concert you've ever been to? 

Re: TFAS 7/12

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WAYDTGKU: CM,CP, temping, OPK

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 6, almost 3 (aug)

Any thoughts about this cycle? I think we had good timing? And if it doesn't happen it's nice that I kept track of all of the things so I have another data point for my body now that its almost 4 years since conceiving DS2 and who knows what's normal now!

Any questions? nope!

Rant/Rave? Rave: went to the farmstand at a local farm and they had blueberries already! They are opening pyo blueberries this Friday! I got all sorts of delish goodies also. Rant: More rain. Blerg. And I went to buy a raincoat today and I was a size bigger than I expected to be-the coat wouldn't zip because they all fell below the hips and my hips are wider than I thought, I guess. So I'm gonna try another store before I buy just in case it was a weird thing with these brands.

I went to a Dave Matthews concert with my brother when I was in college-he used his first ever paycheck and bought us tickets to Aerosmith the previous summer so I bought tickets to this one and took him. They played every single song we loved in the best possible way and it was just cool to be there with my brother. There have been a few others that were amazing too. Paramore and Jimmy Eat World, taking my kids to their first concert (Avett Brothers) was amazing. 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited July 2021
    @smashjam I didn’t even think about it being almost 4 years since we’ve conceived our seconds. That’s insane to me. Lol. Time goes by way to fast once you have kids. Yay for the blueberries (we got some last weekend by us!) and boo for the rain jacket. I’d definitely say try another brand. I actually ended up buying a men’s one when I was pregnant with DS2 and I still wear it all the time because it’s comfy! And I can fit a sweater under it if I need to. 

What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 2/ 1AL 

WAYDTGKU: benched this cycle. 

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 and 3 on Saturday 😢

Any thoughts about this cycle? Sad that we aren’t trying but also kind of ok with it. I can’t wait for next cycle. 

Any questions? I don’t think so. 

Rant/Rave? My boys have been off the dang wall lately. So wild and just not listening. Doesn’t help that it’s rained everyday for the past week so we can’t do our normal walk, park, or splash pad time. I’d be tempted to take them out in the rain if it wasn’t for the thunder and lightening as well. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Edit to add that I keep forgetting it’s DS2’s birthday on Saturday. Even after I just mention it! My brain just really doesn’t want him to get older so quickly! We’re just having a small family party at my family’s cabin because I dropped the ball on planning anything bigger. But I know he’s going to be so happy with it regardless. He wants a strawberry birthday because he likes strawberries 🤣🤣👍🏼 And he wants to incorporate tractors. 🤣🤣

Hands down Willie Nelson. Only because I know I’ll probably never be able to see him again and it’s like a relic concert. Once in a lifetime. 
    Other wise it would be a very intimate Florida Georgia Line concert we went to at a really small venue. It was booked prior to them getting really big and then they blew up right before so it was super cool. Ok can I also add the Tim McGraw concert too? We were front row, Luke Bryan opened for him and I touched his butt. I also met Jason Aldean because I won a meet and greet from a radio station. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Ok I have too many. Lol. We really like concerts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I had to double check my math-I can't believe it either! My kids are also insane and I'm sure its because we can't go outside and also, for my 6 year old it might be that he is off an on at camp, and he's trying so hard not act up at camp and follow expectations that he lets lose on the weeks he's off. Who knows. Being calm isn't easy for him, lol. 

• Options
    @SmashJam @paytonpedro I also conceived #2 four years ago and am trying to figure myself out again for #3

What number are you trying for? 3rd (and last)

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: temp, sex

WTO/TWW? I think TWW, based on EWCM two days ago, temp dip yesterday on CD 25 (normal for my cycle lengths), and temp rise today, but it'll probably be two more days before I get the crosshairs

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 and 6

Any thoughts about this cycle? Terrible timing if I ovulate when I think I did, but as @SmashJam said, more data to help understand how my body works now!

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Rant: MH is being a grumplepuss. I think it's because he's a teacher (which he loves) and summer vacations are starting to get to him. We don't have financial troubles, but I feel like he feels like he needs to be working over the summer. (I, on the other hand, also a teacher, love the summer break)

GTKY: Best concert you've ever been to?  Weird Al. I'm serious, that guy puts on a great show
  • Options
    @paytonpedro “I touched his butt” 🤣😂 Im dying. So RE: birthdays- I’ve planning my youngest 1 1/2 party because he’s a Christmas baby lol I’m neck deep in making decorations and planning the food (party is in 2 weeks and our family only parties are 60 people plus we let the oldest invite some friends) and my mom goes - so what are you doing for DS1s birthday this year? I dropped the tape I was holding and was just like UUUUUHHHHHHH he says he wants a chicken party 😂 .... his birthday is like 2.5 weeks after the first party and I’ve totally forgot to plan it. Luckily I love to plan parties so it’s all good but like 😅

And same my boys have been off the chain this week and last I need some good weather. Ugh I could legit respond to like everything you said I need to stop lol

@SmashJam I love that you’re so close with your brother! Also this is the first time in almost 5 years I’ve not been pregnant or nursing and I FEEL YOU on not know what normal even is haha I don’t know about you but my body changed drastically after each kiddo. It’s insane 

• Options

Month/Cycle? 6/2 2AL

WAYDTGKU: LETROZOLE 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 months and 3 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m so curious to see if the letrozole actually makes me ovulate 

Any questions? Not really

Rant/Rave? My kids have been crazy lately it’s been rainy and they’re stuck inside. But other than that thing are pretty boring right now. I’m looking forward to the kids birthday parties coming up 

GTKY: Best concert you've ever been to? I’ve been to CMA fest and that was amazing but Martina McBride was THE BEST performer I’ve ever heard in real life. I was never a huge fan before that but she got a well deserved good 5-10 min standing ovation that made her cry lol it was phenomenal 
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited July 2021
    @SmashJam jackets fitting my hips is my #1 struggle!!!! I always have to size up for them. Thankfully my shoulders/arms also dictate a larger size than I would normally need as well, so really only my waist looks stupid 😂 I have an REI raincoat that fits decently around my hips. Definitely don't have room to tighten the cord there though. 

@paytonpedro happy birthday to DS2! Small parties are the best imo. So much easier to plan and manage! 

@wisewitch222 DH went to weird Al with his friends and loved it! I think it would be a fun time!

@daisy0322 ugh I feel you on the "too much inside time" thing. It's been rainy here so much recently and DD gets antsy!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Started spotting today so gonna call it early!  2 AL

WAYDTGKU: bench warming

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? If today truly is CD1 then I've started my last benched cycle!!! Wheeeee!

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? How the EFF does my kid get croup THREE times in 5 weeks? Dr thinks it was bacterial this time, I think kinda of like a secondary infection from her 2nd case of croup. 

GTKY: Best concert you've ever been to? HA! Well it certainly wasn't the Food Fighters one that got cancelled 2 hours before as we were taking a cab to grab dinner first. 😂  (Although they do put on a great show, and we did schedule ourselves a "make up" concert 😊)
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @SmashJam @paytonpedro the fact that y'all mentioned it's been 4 years since the July18 baby group has been conceived just blew my mind! 

@wisewitch222 I'd be like your DH. Id need to work for routine or something. I get "off" when I'm on PTO for any days past 5. 

@daisy0322 Ditto with you on party planning.I may or may not have been planning my LO's party for the past few months, had party supplies ready to go for this weekend! 

@pajamstagrams woo on starting last benched cycle! 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? lost count - but at least 18 mo at this point

WAYDTGKU: letrozole ~ monitored medicated this month 

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 this Saturday! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I O'd at least 2 20mm eggs this month...so I guess thats good. Timing was ehhh (-3, -2, -1, +2) due to travel this weekend. 

Any questions? at what point do you start getting pissed off at seeing everyone around you with their pg announcements? I threw my phone last time I saw a FB post about a friend having a 3rd, after calculating that she has lapped me on both #2 and #3 now. 

Rant/Rave? It's almost Saturday, which means 3rd birthday party! we went low key last year so I am going all out party planning this year. First party in our new house with a pool so we are super excited about it! The Florida storms best stay away for this party or I will lose it after all the planning.

GTKY: Best concert you've ever been to? Any Eric Clapton show I go to is amazing, BSB a couple summers ago was great b/c my sister got us first row floor seats, in college fall out boy show was great. Oh, and when I lived by a certain college school, Luke Bryan did "Farm Tours" and it was basically a drive in tailgate concert. Oh, and Garth. My next goal show to go see is Taylor Swift - no shame in my 35+ years old self being a TSwift-er!
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited July 2021
    @And846 I saw Fall Out Boy twice with my brother, once when he was 13 or 14 and I was 19 and we went to Warped Tour-they played on the same stage as My Chemical Romance and we went for their set because no one new them yet really so we were right up front for FOB-my bro lived his dream of crowd surfing and I got kicked in the face so hard I went down in the crowd and had to be pulled over hte front bars by security, lol. The second time was also another tour but it was bigger, with Cobra Starship and....Paul Wall, lol. The first was better. We met Paul Wall at the second one though!

I also have a question-that timing seems pretty good, are you saying its meh because you missed O and +1?  I'm not super clear on what makes good timing. Edited because I hit comment too soon.
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @smashjam omg! That show story is great! I wish I’d done more shows before bands got big and became stadium only shows. As for timing, I’d always been under impression that 5 days prior to O were best but my current fertility dr says he likes to see patients achieve -1, O (and IUI), and +1
  • Options
    @And846 I'd always heard 5 prior as well! Interesting. Well if it doesn't happen this time around I'll have to go for +1 as well! 
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @smashjam funny cause i keep looking back at my Oct 2017 cycle when i conceived and i don’t even know when i O’d that cycle. I just logged HIO and planned on the next month tracking cm, temps, etc…
  • Options
    @And846 I hear that. I look back and I remember being like, "The only difference to other cycles is I got -5, so that must be the magic day" lol. Maybe I O'd earlier than they guessed, who knows. 
  • Options
    @And846 our babes have the same birthday!?! I didn’t realize they were bday twins! Happy birthday to your July babe! And 🤞🏼🤞🏼 Both of our parties have good weather!!
    I’m sorry the pregnancy announcements are getting to you. It definitely can be difficult. I remember trying for our first and it was just so frustrating. Your feelings are totally valid. 

@wisewitch222 ok a weird Al concert sounds awesome 🤣 I remember first discovering him when I was like 11/12 and just dying at his music. Amish Pradise still has my heart 🤣🤣

@smashjam being calm isn’t easy for my boys either. Everyone tells me it’s a boy thing. 🤷🏼‍♀️ And I definitely threw them out in the rain yesterday 🤣 they wanted to go to the splash pad but it started pouring so I suited them up and kicked them out 🤣 they had a blast and absolutely loved it!!

@daisy0322 family parties for us are like 60 people also but I super limited it so we’re at like 25ish. A chicken party lol that sounds absolutely adorable! Kid’s are so funny with what they come up with. Haha. And I just mentioned above this response to you that I totally tossed them out in the rain yesterday. Haha. 
    That Martina McBride concert sounds amazing!!! I’ve always liked her and have total respect for what a power house she is when she sings. Some people just have it and she’s one for sure. 

@pajamstagrams your poor dd!! I feel like every tfas thread I read the poor dear is sick! I hope she can kick it soon! It’s miserable being sick in the summer!! Does she go to daycare? Is that where she’s picking it up?

@smashjam & @and846 I look back at my oct17 cycle too. I didn’t track anything because I was convinced that’s why it took so long ttc DS1 and we just hio eod lol. I found out just before Halloween and guess o was around 13/15th. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro yup, it's all from daycare. Thankfully it seems the Dr was right and it was bacterial this time, because her cough is finally getting better after almost 3 weeks. And she's finally not being *super* resistant while trying to give her antibiotics, so it's been a less torturous experience than I thought for the 10 days  she needs of antibiotics 
  • Options
    @And846 Happy birthday to your three!!

@SmashJam and @And846 so jealous that you got to see Fall Out Boy! They're my favorite band and I never got a chance to see them. 
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 my DH is also a teacher and is getting a bit of cabin fever. He usually teaches summer school but he wanted a break this year after the covid mania but he's so not used to be home all day.

@paytonpedro @SmashJam @daisy0322 add me to the "kids currently off the wall" club. It must be a summer thing! We dropped them off at my mom's house yesterday so we could run errands without wanting to scream.

@pajamstagrams oh my goodness, your poor kiddo!! I hope she feels better soon!

@And846 it is so hard to deal with pregnancy announcements. Honestly they bothered me until a little bit after DD2 was born, just because it seemed like everyone else got pregnancy so easily/accidentally when it took us over 2 years and IVF to conceive DD2. I just try to remind myself that I don't always know what is going on in other's lives and it's possible they had a difficult time conceiving too. It still isn't easy though.

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CM

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 6 and 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? AF is done so I'm about to start testing OPKs! I'm training on days for my new job for the next few weeks so I hope that will help with our timing. I normally work 3rd shift and that can throw off our days a bit.

Any questions? None.

Rant/Rave? DD1 is turning 7 next week so we've been planning her party. I invited a bunch of people thinking that most people wouldn't be able to come because I planned it super late but apparently everyone is coming now. She's super excited and we're getting a bouncy house so it should occupy the kids. It's an LOL party so I'm anticipating tons of tiny pieces everywhere ugh.

GTKY: Best concert you've ever been to? The Spice Girls!! It was my first concert when I was 12 and my mom took my best friend and I. Geri had just quit so we only saw 4 of them and we had to sit in the rain for an hour while it was delayed but they put on a fantastic show.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22