March 2022 Moms

Weekly check in week of 7/12

PanaceiaPanaceia member
edited July 2021 in March 2022 Moms
I didn't see this yesterday...hope it's ok if I start it today...

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?

Re: Weekly check in week of 7/12

• Loading the player...
  • @rachelredhead How sweet is your H???? I love that! And definitely add me to the achy lower back. I feel like maybe my ligaments are already toast from my previous pregnancies so the maybe that's why we're feeling it so much more so much earlier? Who knows. But definitely feeling it! And thanks for the well wishes:) The test line is darker than the control line today so I'm feeling optimistic again!
  • @kgg2241 I hope the nausea at least stays in check for the wedding 🤞🤞🤞 and I'm sure you'll come up with something great for your speech!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 23, 3w6d 

Upcoming appointments: none yet. I’m waiting until the end of the week to call my OB’s office. 

How are you feeling?: great! No symptoms other than intense dreams. I got sick around 6/7 weeks last time. 

Rants/Raves: none really

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a teacher, and that’s what I did. I think I second guessed my career choice for a while in my 20s while I taught middle school, but now I’m in elementary and I know that this is where I’m supposed to be. 

• @karisahamdi Totally normal! With my first I had no symptoms until around 9ish weeks...and then I had HG the rest of the pregnancy. So just because they're not here yet doesn't mean they won't vet super strong super quick;) I had HG with my second too but symptoms started a little earlier...maybe 7ish weeks?
  • Also loving so many teachers on here! I worked in a few different private sector jobs first but adore teaching high school!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 21/4w1d

Upcoming appointments: My first ultrasound is scheduled for August 10th (I'll be eight weeks).

How are you feeling?: Physically? Exhausted. Crampy. Emotionally? Pretty okay. My tests are getting darker, but they still aren't super dark yet. I got my first positive at 12dpo and today is 15dpo, so I guess it really hasn't been that much time yet.

Rants/Raves: My husband and I are relocating back to Orlando and are trying to find a place. My top choice just fell through, which is kind of a bummer. My rave is that I am snuggled on the coach instead of doing dishes and it feels amazing to just relax. I'm the kind of person who goes 100 mph, so I'm leaning into the snuggles.

Questions: Who all gets their betas checked? Should I schedule an appointment to get my hCG levels checked? Would I just do that through my OB? I'm a new patient because I'm still living out of state until we find a place back in Florida.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Either a vet or a singer. I would be horrible at both jobs.

@panaceia I'm so glad that you haven't had any more issues since yesterday and that your tests are getting darker.

@rachelredhead Awww... your husband is so sweet! I remember having lower back pain in the early weeks during my last pregnancy. Also, there needs to be a comic book about a missionary ballerina.

@kgg2241 Good luck with your speech! Have you YouTubed any examples? I feel like that's something I would do. :D

@jlbaker08 Oh my gosh, I love it when someone professionally cleans my home. I feel like I can think more clearly in a clean environment.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409 last year MH said "let's have someone clean the house before everyone shows up for the wedding" to which I said "why wait for the wedding?" and the rest is history!  We have someone come once a month, so we have to do maintenance cleaning in between but I love it!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @jlbaker08 I think once a month is perfect. I told my husband that we are going to budget for that once we're in the new place and he was 100% on board.
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409 They do not check betas as a general rule here. I only get them done because I have a history of loss and even then I only get them if there is some sort of indication something *might* be wrong. But I know many people like to get their levels checked for peace of mind.
  • @elle-0409 HCG tests aren’t really necessary most of the time. Since I have two previous losses, I asked for a couple betas for my own peace of mind. Unless you’re having bleeding/cramping that’s causing concern, I don’t think they’re needed but if they’d be helpful for you, definitely put a call in to your nurse line. Some folks find them more anxiety-producing so really a personal call. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Estimated March 9th/ 5w6d.  We will see what US says.

Upcoming appointments: Thursday US and first appointment 7/21

How are you feeling?: Crampy, but better than yesterday.  Trying to stay positive and not be anxious.

Rants/Raves: I'm not looking forward to telling my family (mother and sister) I'm pregnant.  I haven't seen them in months and I was trying to schedule a weekend for them to come by and see our new house.  We custom built our forever home and have already been living here 4 months and they haven't been by once.  I was going to tell them I'm pregnant when they come since it will probably be my only chance to do so in person.  They keep putting off committing on even scheduling a date.  They are only an hour drive away, so it shouldn't be THAT hard.  I feel like I'll just tell them over the phone at 12-14 weeks before we go public about it.  Complicated family dynamics are always fun.

Questions: Is AMA determined by your current age or your age at time of birth?  I'm 34 now, but will be 35 in March.  Not sure how this works with any additional testing and stuff.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Probably a vet or something with animals.  We grew up with horses and I loved being around animals.  As an adult, I'm much happier with my career path than I would be as a vet.

@panaceia Glad you are feeling more optimistic today!

@jlbaker08 We get the house cleaned every other Thursday.  It is amazing!!  I think it is worth every penny to not always be stressing about the cleaning we need to do.

@rachelredhead That is so sweet of your husband!  I feel like being pregnant brings out the sweet and caring side in good men.

@karisahamdi My lower back was a little sore too.  I automatically blamed my workouts, but maybe it is somewhat pregnancy related.

• @rachelredhead That is adorable of your h. 

@jlbaker08 Cleaning day for us is tomorrow! So worth it. I also demand takeout on cleaning days because i want the kitchen to stay clean for more than an hour. Every other wednesday is my favorite! 

@elle-0409 I don't get betas checked, even with a loss history. I asked my dr about it last week when i got my bfp and she said only if i'm concerned. I didn't push it because tbh, i don't need another thing to obsess over. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/20 4w2

Upcoming appointments: intake next wed, US probably the week or 2 after that (i'd like to wait until 7 weeks so we should definitely have a heartbeat if we're getting one)

How are you feeling?: Better today, which makes me nervous (but i know is fine). Still a little crampy, which has been my main symptom. I'm trying to only test once a day/2 days instead of twice a day so i stop obsessing over line progression... but it's not easy! 

Rants/Raves: I was in a "managing your inbox" workshop today and accidentally deleted my whole inbox *facepalm*. So i've spent most of the say sifting through my 10k+ deleted emails to retrieve the important stuff. I realize that is not pregnancy related lol. 

Questions: None atm

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A sign language interpreter...Which i am :) 

• @Sarah0335 Here it is at time of birth, but they don't consider you AMA or do anything differently here until you are 42+ years old. I had my first 1 month before I turned 35 and my second at 40.5 and the only difference was that I got the NIPT with DD2 (it didn't exist yet for DD1). Also +1 to complicated family dynamics. We are renovating our house so the girls and I live my parents right now. My mom is....well...we'll stick with *complicated*;) I do not look forward to her reaction to this pregnancy. 
  • @morgantu Oh no! I hope it doesn't take too long to retrieve all of your emails! I probably would have started crying...also +1 to waiting until at least 7 weeks for the first ultrasound. Depending on my betas I might try to convince them to let me wait until around 10 weeks...only because I hate limbo. I figue 10 weeks is absolutely definitive...plus with DD2 the sonographer couldn't find her at 9 weeks (she did eventually but not before she told me I likely lost the pregnancy:/)...despite the fact that we had seen her and the heart beat clearly at both 7 and 8 weeks...so I figure at 10 weeks there will hopefully be no heart attack inducing issues...
  • @Panaceia goodness....Idk if i'll ever feel like there a "safe time" but you're right- the limbo is so excruciating.. 

TW.
    With my loss last fall, i went at 6wsomething and they of course thought my timing was off (it wasn't), so i went back 2 weeks later.. still nothing.( then the actual miscarriage process took another 2 weeks) So i struggle with wanting to wait until i have the best chance of seeing anything i'm going to see, and also not prolonging a pregnancy that's not going anywhere. PGAL is such a mindf*ck. 

• @morgantu

TW

We had a similar issue with my 14 week loss. No heartbeat at 12 weeks but the doctor wanted to wait 2 weeks and rescan...I ended up hemorrhaging shortly after the second scan. I was told later the second scan is purely for the parents so that they feel OK terminating the pregnancy...so with my 10 week loss they wanted me to wait 2 weeks again (baby was measuring behind, no heartbeat, but hcg levels were where they should be) but nope. Luckily my doctor got me in that day for a D&C. I was so worried about another hemorrhage...but you're absolutely right, at no point do you feel safe with PGAL!!!
  • @elle-0409 you are going to LOVE it!  we're currently doing once a month but I've considered increasing to every other week... maybe that'll be a nice treat when I'm "too pregnant" to keep up with the housework?

@Sarah0335 it is absolutely worth every penny!  I love cleaning day, it's also nice because it means we have to clean up some of the clutter in advance so they can wipe everything down (the kids have to clean up their rooms too!)

@morgantu demanding take out is the best idea I've heard today!  I will have to do that next time

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Thanks, all. I think you’re right that getting my hcg levels might just give me something new to obsess over. I really appreciate the advice. ❤️
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• edited July 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    Upcoming appointments:
    March 5/6+3
    July 28 ultrasound & 1st OB visit
    How are you feeling?:
    Still pretty tired most of the day, but that's how my first trimesters usually go. 
    Rants/Raves:
    Tried taking a nap on the couch during DS2's nap, but kept getting interrupted by my other two children, so I gave up. 
    Questions:
    none
    GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?
    To be honest, I don't think I really thought about it much as a kid...or I just don't remember. 

**Edit to add appointment info
  • @trails15 they should be able to detect the heartbeat by 7 weeks, but depending on the position of the baby they might only be able to detect it through a transvaginal ultrasound. With DD2 they found her and her heartbeat right away transabdominally at 7 weeks, but then at 9 weeks they could only find her transvaginally. All depends on position and technician I think.
  • @trails15 yeah, they should be able to detect it by 7 weeks. And yikes, I'm so sorry about the poison oak. That sounds horrible. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    March 10th, 5w6d

Upcoming appointments:

July 28th- either ultrasound that day at bedside or will have one scheduled for that week.

How are you feeling?:

So nauseated. All the time. Finally getting in a good rhythm of taking unisom + b6 every night and always making sure there’s something on my stomach. Ginger Ale has been my best friend.

Rants/Raves:

Just want to rant about how slowly the first trimester passes. I feel like I have known I was pregnant at least a month already.

Questions: None atm.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Every time I remember being asked this as a child I know I answered that I wanted to be a Paleontologist.

• @night_nurse It's so funny how slowly it goes when other people are pregnant you blink and they've already had their babies. When you're pregnant it feels like months and only 3 days has passed:/ I always get my bfp at 3+2 so it feels like just getting to 4 weeks took a billion years!
  • @Panaceia exactly! I got my first squinter at 8dpo and a positive beta at 3w6d so I already feel like this has been way too long. Only trying to wish away this first tri nausea and then want the rest to slow down so I can enjoy it.
  • @trails15 I was coming to answer but @Panaceia already got it.

I was at the early pregnancy crisis clinic for my last pregnancy, and was having weekly US and they did see the HB on TV US by 7 weeks. But positioning can affect things!
  • 313Meg313Meg member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6w 4d 3/5

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow is an ultrasound with my OBGYN. I am going to try and switch docs (delivery locations, babies not making it etc at one with several lawsuits are my main reasons). But to get in to the other doc she won't even talk with me till 10-12 weeks. Which I know is pretty standard. But i've been having some issues, which is why my other (1st doc) is seeing me now. 

How are you feeling?: Nausea comes and goes. Nothing coming out which is good. But i'm hungry and pretty much nothing works besides fruit. Which i'm not typically a fruit person. NO meat, which I am a meat person lol. 
    I just had cheeze its and an apple for dinner.

Rants/Raves: I'm feeling overwhelmed. With many things. But my house and where to start, not knowing its "safe" to start with this baby. I've been having lots of messages coming across my path about staying strong, and hard times will pass etc and its completely freaking me out. I'm totally in my head. 

Questions: How do you find time to keep up with this group? I'm struggling with that and want to get to know yall. I have such wonderful people from my last BMBs. But I did a lot more sitting with babies then.  :wink:

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Like @Panaceia I wanted to be a marine biologist. But when I realized how difficult it was to get into the stuff I wanted to do and actually make a reasonable living. And then I wanted to be a vet, but that had too much math. SOOO I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. And i'm 36. 

@Panaceia FX for those lines to continue to darken, and that the other day was a fluke!!
    @rachelredhead Hope your back feels better soon.

@ night_nurse I feel ya, it seems like forever already. I miss my wine. Although so worth it. But it's crawling, already. 

@trails15 hopefully the poison oak is even better tomorrow!

@Sarah0335 fx at your ultrasound! 

This tagging system is driving me bonkers. So hi everyone else... I don't have patience to tag more. (is anyone else having the system thats inserting double @? Or not finding the person till you type out the whole name?)

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 26...tests still progressing (I'm a little surprised that tests are progressing but fingers crossed it keep moving in the right direction!)

Upcoming appointments: None right now-- I'd like a few more days of progression before calling. 

How are you feeling?: Cautiously optimistic-- I'd forgotten how much belching comes with my pregnancies! Even at this low level of hormones I am burping so much! With my last pregnancies I belched uncontrollably in court rooms (I'm an attorney) and while it surprised people at first but the end of my pregnancy they just laughed or looked at me with pity. lol. A little bit of nausea coming on now too

Rants/Raves: Nothing right now.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Definitely a veterinarian-- It's what my under grad degree is in. However, I hit the higher level sciences in college and absolutely hated it. I decided to take some poly sci classes and see if I could do someone thing legal in the aggie field and loved that. Soo I took the LSATs my last year and switched directions. 

@jlbaker08 I'm jealous of the house cleaners! We moved the other month and a stipulation of a larger house was that I am not doing allll the cleaning and we were getting someone. I haven't called anyone yet though- its on the never ending to do list!

@trails15 Internally I think 7 weeks it def can be found.

• @313Meg I'm off for the summer and it's just me and the girls reorganizing the house so this is my only entertainment (besides my girls;) right now. Plus COVID so we still can'treally go anywhere. Once work starts again in September I probably won't be as good at keeping up (but I'll definitely try!)
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  5w+5d

Upcoming appointments: seeing my RE for the first ultrasound on 7/22 (6w5d), can’t wait!

How are you feeling?:  Stuck in a bad cluster of migraines for the past week and have my daughter’s terrible daycare cold on top of the usual fatigue and nausea. Really feeling miserable this week and hoping some of these things let up a little bit this weekend. Mentally struggling because this week I just can’t catch a break.

Rants/Raves: rants-my job is super crazy and I think a bunch of our staff are about to give their notice. I myself am reducing my hours but there is a 90 day hold on that too.

Questions:  no questions, just waiting for ultrasound and wanting to feel better!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Add me to the veterinarian list! I switched to human medicine so I’m not far off!

• 313Meg313Meg member
    @Panaceia Enjoy these slower times!! How are you feeling today? Things still moving in a positive way?
  • Estimated Due Date: March 12th, 5 weeks 5 days

Upcoming appointments: Had a US today for a due date (never got AF after I had my Mirena removed), next US is August 2nd

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. No matter how much sleep I get I cant shake it, though having a crazy 2 year old running around doesn't help either.

Rants/Raves: Have to give a shout out to my boyfriend, the Master of back rubs, for all the extra attention lately. Also making sure I get sufficient rest!

Questions: None at the moment, just excited to be here!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher!