Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 7.12

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 7.12

• Options
    What a kick in the gut….

tw loss****

The insurance company just called me to offer maternity benefits because they saw my blood work last week and assumed I was pregnant. The lady probably felt like an asshole when she asked if I was expecting and I told her I miscarried. But like why tf would they call?? Totally ruined my mood today. 😞

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @paytonpedro WTAF? wow. What a terrible process that is. I’m very offended for you. I’m glad you told her the truth even if it was awkward because maybe she will take that back and be like hey can we get better info before we start cold calling people?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bows22 literally though. I was so taken aback and I don’t get offended easily but this one hit me in the gut. I hope they change that process. I feel like I’m handling it all well, but like I can’t imagine getting that call if I was having a particularly hard time or a bad day already. It just comes across as very insensitive.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro oh man, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I feel like they should have waited longer for that. Wait for more bills to come in to get a better picture??

*Tw loss*

I had something kind of similar to that a month ago when I was having a teledoc visit. Of course the nurse wanted to know date of LMP and so I told them my March date, and then followed up with the whole "well I had a MC last month and I think my period is supposed to show up today" , but that message didn't get carried fully to the NP by the time I spoke to her, so she was like "oh I see your LMP was in March, are you breastfeeding?" 🙄 Ugh. At least she was nice/apologetic about it and I was in a good enough place to not get upset or caught off guard, since I actually expected that exact situation to happen. (Im the weirdo who imagines the worst possible scenarios ahead of time)
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams

I’m sorry for your loss. I’m weird and plan stuff like that in my head as well. But I was definitely not expecting a cold call. It would make much more sense to wait until a few bills or an u/s or something come in to make these calls. Or just send a letter? Idk. But maybe this scenario will change things for future women. This woman was also very nice and apologetic. 

• Options
    @paytonpedro so sorry that happened to you. :(

I'm not sure where to post this question, but this seems like a logical place. MH has picked up some bad health habits during the pandemic. Does anyone have any recommendations on those OTC SA kits one can buy on Amazon? Are they worth it? Is there a brand/type that's better than others? I think he'd be motivated to adopt some healthier habits to improve his SA score, which is a double win in my book.
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited July 2021
    @loveanddatadriven I have a friend/TTGP grad and her husband bought one from Walgreens. It just gave a normal/low reading but it was accurate 

edit - @mvt2003 is the friend!
  • Options
    Thanks for the page @bows22 ! @loveanddatadriven hi! MH bought his own SA kit at Walgreens, pretty sure it was Sperm Check Fertility. 

Be forewarned though, all it will tell you is whether he’s above or below 20 million in count, it doesn’t tell you anything about morphology or motility. And if you’re worried about bad habits, both morphology and motility can be affected by those, so in other words it might give you a false sense of security. 

I can vouch for it’s count accuracy though, because MH was indeed under 20 million. Good luck!!!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    Thanks @bows22 and @mvt2003! I think we’ll try it out since it could alert to a problem even if it can’t provide much reassurance. I saw on Amazon there were progressive motility tests, so maybe I’ll grab one of those, too. I’ll just throw the kitchen sink at MH. “Time to eat your omega-3s, honey.”
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 I finished Virgin River and I pm’ed you 😬😬