February 2022 Moms
Options

July - Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

Re: July - Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

• Options
    I’ve seen this discussion board before and thought I’d kick it off

because we rented Black Widow. And yes, I cried when she died in End Game… but damn I did not expect to be crying in an action spy movie!

spoiler

When Alexei sings American Pie to Yelena to let her know he actually cared about her… definitely queued all the tears for me. 
  • Options
    I love this thread idea lol

I'm a broken record on the whole "lonely pregnant lady" thing but today I cried because I can't think of a single person in my in-person life who would be genuinely excited to attend my baby shower. My friends in my hometown? Absolutely. But where I live now? I don't know. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @chgilmore! That would be hard. How long have you lived where you currently are? And how far is that from your hometown?
  • Options
    @chgilmore I feel this. Not because I don’t have people that wouldn’t attend, but it’s not the same. 

Moving away from home and starting over is hard. Finding friends as an adult is not the same as lifelong friends from childhood. It’s why it’s hard to leave your hometown and why so many people go back if they do leave. 
  • Options
    @chgilmore I feel you on this so hard. I really don't have many IRL friends to begin with, but it got much worse after being pregnant with and having DS. I bring up the example of I had 4 bridesmaids, one of which was my cousin. With the exception of her, none of the others have even met DS and he will be three in October. I ran into one at Starbucks a few months ago and it was awkward as hell. I saw this same girl about a month later and I'm pretty confident that we both tried to play it off like we didn't see each other. Adult relationships are so hard. 

AFM I took a Hamilton ride last night on my Peloton and bawled like a baby lol. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @modoodles I live in Seattle and MH and I have been here for 4 and a half years. My hometown is on the Gulf Coast of FL, so really really far and I don't get to visit much, maybe once a year. I have two friends there who are still some of my best friends, one recently had a baby during COVID that I got to meet right before my BFP; they actually made a box of support items to send me (a massage gun (!!!!!), a boardgame for MH and I to play, a mug, and a Disney gift card to buy things for baby). It's the most support and love I've felt from anyone.
    @angelz429 it's especially hard because I really, really don't like FL and don't want to go live there...but I miss my two friends. I have friends here but they aren't as involved in the whole baby thing. we're good friends, and they're happy for me, but there's a difference between being happy for me and actually being invested in this somewhat with me.
    @tessiesmom26 that is so hard <3 I get that relationships grow apart but it's sad when they just drop off the face of the planet during a time of major transition for you.
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I am having those feelings as well. DS doesn't really understand right now that he can't jump all over/bounce all over Mama and her belly. The nighttime routine is getting hard with trying to get him to be still enough as he is always 100mph. I fear that I am going to get to the point that I am not able to pick him up/hold him and that breaks my heart. How would I ever explain that to him? 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @kaf1788 @tessiesmom26 that sounds really really difficult. every kid adjusts differently to the news of a sibling. I've heard of stuff like giving a gift to first kiddo "from second kiddo" either before or after the hospital (but before coming home and meeting new sibling). I think there are also some age-appropriate children's books (I don't know of any specifically, but given that they exist to explain death, pooping, and anger, I imagine they exist for getting a new sibling). <3
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 thanks! I was getting ready to do a ride when I saw your post. I didn’t know there was a Hamilton ride! So good!

I wanted to do the spice girls ride but it started at 1:30p and replay wasn’t available yet. So next ride it is (maybe tomorrow?) 

im back at work so my ride days have to be readjusted. Boo. 
  • Options
    @angelz429 I can't wait for the Spice Girls ride!!! I haven't felt well enough to do a ride longer than 15 minutes in a few weeks but I'm scheduled to start a Power Zone Challenge next week that's all rides that are 45 minutes and longer. Should probably get my butt on the bike this week so I don't die.
  • Options
    Ohhh! Maybe we should start a peloton thread!
  • Options
    I watched a Tik Tok video about the Titanic and bawled my eyes out. It was about Kate entering the ship again being greeted by all those who passed away before her. I’m not typically an emotional person, but it had me all choked up. My DD who is 7 asked tons of questions and I could not get any words out. Lol These pregnancy hormones are making me cry so easily now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cried cause I watched monsters inc workforce 
  • Options
    Watched someone's birth story
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Is anyone following mrs.caitlyn_oneil on TikTok? Because all of her current posts. Especially from
    today. 
  • Options
    @photographerwife no. Who is she and why are you following her ? 
  • Options
    @angelz429 I started following her through her ivf journey, she’s just a random girl, but she has a ton of followers. She finally started getting positives after her transfer and the videos are emotional! 
  • Options
    @photographerwife I looked her up, and yes, cue the tears. I struggled with RPL, but not infertility, and I have so much respect for what IFers go through. You literally never give up.