Baby Names
Options

Natalie vs Emily?

nike0828nike0828 member
edited July 2021 in Baby Names
Deciding between Natalie June and Emily June for our baby girl. We really like the name Natalie and it would subtly honor my grandma who was born on Xmas. We also really love the name “Emmy” and Emily is our favorite way to get there (Emmalyn or Emma could also be considered but I think we like Emily best). Not too concerned about popularity…Any thoughts about these 2 names? 

Re: Natalie vs Emily?

• Options
    Natalie hands down. Emily/Emma and all the variants are super popular.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Also voting for Natalie! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m a little partial to Emily. I think it’s classic and timeless. It is very popular though. 
  • Options
    I love both! Natalie is a beautiful name but I love the nickname Emmy or EmJ 
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    I say Natalie. 
    Emily is also a beautiful and classic name and I really don’t think it’s that popular anymore, but between its past popularity and all the other Emmy variations that are popular, it still feels overused to me. 
  • Options
    Emily is much more popular, but I still like it better. Emilia is also gorgeous. I know a few older Natalies so I think it's based on having certain people in mind. If you really love it, Natalie is by all means a decent name!
  • Options
    Emilia is also stunning.