TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 7.5

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:Β  Oct 7th/26+3
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of a VHS case

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming appointments: July 20th then every other week after that's. Glucose has to be taken in couple weeks

How are you feeling?:good overall but like I tell everyone come ask me in a few weeks cause I will feel differentlyΒ 

Rants/Raves: none

Questions:none

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? I am hopeless romantic at heart so I cant wait to see everyone's story.

Hubby and I met in college my first semester of my freshman year. He was a junior in college. One night I came back to my dorm from a friends dorm. I turn the corner and my roommate had some people over that must have been loud. So my husband roommate and him were standing in the hallway checking the noise out. We lived in the only dormitory on campus that was co-ed by door. He lived across the hall from me. We hung out in the hallway just talking. We got on the subject of dating. I asked him if he would date me and told me not a chance. After that night we became friends and I started hanging in his room more. One night I decided to sleep in his room. He didnt reject the idea even though I lived across the hall. He was spooning me the whole night nothing physical happened. The next morning in class all I could think about was him. I dont think I learned anything in class morning. That week we wanted to try a relationship and have been together ever since. In October we will be together for 13 years and we will be married 8 years in January.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 26w5dΒ 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby’s foot is the size of a sugar packet πŸ₯°

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: 7/15, midwife follow up. Need my tdap and doing my glucose testΒ 

How are you feeling?: man.. tired and achy. My lower back I tell ya. So painful lol. This heat is really messing with me, I can’t be outside long at all.Β 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I feel happy with the way my body has been progressing for the most part. I feel pretty normal beside my stomach and boobs. I suffered from a lot of body dysmorphic issues growing up and an eating disorder at one point so pregnancy always worried me re: how I would see myself even though I’ve healed a lot.Β 

Rant: Omg. Saturday we were at the in laws house for brunch with 12 people. It’s been at least mid 80s usually reaching the low 90s here lately and humidity can get high. In laws have an older home, and literally almost never use AC. And by AC I mean a window unit, not central. Anyway, after two hours of being there, WITH the unit in the window on, I felt terrible and sick. It was still hot in there, especially considering all of the people. My SIL couldn’t stand being in there either anymore as she’s pregnant also, due one month after I am. I left abruptly to sit in my car, with the AC blasting. I then told DH to bring me home (we aren’t far maybe 10 min) and to come back alone if he wanted to stay. As we were going to say goodbye he told his mom in front of me, which I wished he wouldn’t have, β€œmom, you guys need more AC. It’s so hot in there, it’s making (me) sick. She cant even handle an hour.” To which his mom basically acted extremely apprehensive, made it super uncomfortable and then said, β€œwell we’ll accommodate”. Like they’re a Hilton hotel or something 😐 now mind you, FiL is a lawyer, basically the in laws are very well off so it’s not a money issue. After that, my hubby started to say bye to everyone. When we got into the car I asked if he was coming back and he said absolutely not because he was so pissed at her reaction and for acting like it’s against her weird principle somehow to make it so everyone, not just myself, are not miserable sitting in that hot house. Sigh.Β 

Questions:

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? Through work! A car dealership specifically. He got fired three weeks after working there, so clearly it was meant to be that we met πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Options
    @madiirosee I know what you mean with this heat and humidity. We had a little bit of a heatwave last week. My husband went outside to fill up the bird feeders last week. I decided to go out for the 10 minutes to get fresh air. I was having some difficulty breathing so I went back inside after a couple of minutes
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 26+2, Oct 9th

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an acorn squashΒ 

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’•

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: July 26th. I’ll do the glucose test and my rhogam shot. Then it’s every 2 weeks but that’s crazy πŸ˜†

How are you feeling?: I have a lot of different pains starting. Hip aches, painful tingling in my legs, leg cramps, sore feet, back pain, the list goes on.

Rants/Raves: I’m exhausted from having family in town for a couple days. They left and I took a 3 hour nap and I plan on just sitting around all evening.Β 

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?

I was a freshman in college and he was a sophomore, both living in an off campus apartment complex. My roommate I had just met saw DH’s car in the parking garage and texted him to invite him to a party at our apartment. They weren’t great friends but both lived in a tiny small town all their lives so despite not being close they had each other’s numbers, recognized each other’s cars, etc 🀣 he came over and the rest is history. He actually tricked me into getting back there 4 1/2 years later and proposed to me outside that apartment complex where we’d met 😍 we’ve been together for 15 years this September and married for 9!Β 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 29 // 23w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby is the size of a can of WD-40 🀣 and their fingernails now cover their whole fingertip

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: greenΒ 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STMΒ 

Upcoming appointments: 25 weeks for early GD test, since I had GD during my DD's pregnancy. I'M SO NERVOUS πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆΒ 

How are you feeling?: I'm clinging to the 2nd trimester sweet spot as much as I can! Still feeling pretty good but sleep is getting more difficult and lower back pain is ramping up.

Rants/Raves: we had the BEST 4th of July weekend.Β  We took DD to a local parade, and she loved it. It was so much fun watching her wave to the parade floats. She also (completely unprompted) blew a kiss to my college mascot that was riding on a float, so that totally made my day. πŸ₯° Then we had a cookout at my sisters house, and DD had so much fun playing with her cousins. It was the best!

Questions: I have a c-section specific question, so I'll revive that thread.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?

We met in college. He was in a few classes with my BFF and they studied together. My BFF and I were out for a single gals' night out on Valentines day when we ran into him outside a bar, and she introduced us.Β 

• Options
    kandb4kandb4 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 12/ 25+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baseball glove

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4tm

Upcoming appointments: end of july

How are you feeling?: Good! Loving all the kicks and movements and letting big bros feel her too

Rants/Raves: why did target change the maternity pants!!! 😑 The one perk of pregs pants is you don't have to worry about pulling up your pants to avoid undies/crack showing. But no, target decides it'll be more comfortable to have the back be open 🀯 so annoying! I despise these pants

Questions: none

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We met in college. Sister was dating his team mate, so we constantly ran in the same circles. Bar crawl finally gave him the courage to ask me out πŸ˜‚

• Options
    @madiirosee Sounds like torture. Sorry your MIL made things weird. I am starting to realize there are just some things I will not be able to do, even if it inconveniences people. I hope nobody takes it personally, but if they do... πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

@galentine The parade sounds so fun!

@kandb4 I've been buying my maternity clothes on Amazon because the selection at my local stores is just bad. We don't have a lot of options locally though.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 26+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Poor Yorick (I knew him, Horatio), so an adult human skull πŸ’€
    Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: 1-hr glucose test Friday
    How are you feeling?: Like a huge, lumbering beast. I saw in the mirror this morning that my belly is filling out the super baggy running singlets I bought. It wasn't doing that last week 😳
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- DH and I went to a baseball game for July 4th. The venue was oversold by 60%, and concessions lines were 30 minutes long. We left by the 4th inning. Rave -- Our backyard is lined in the rear with wineberry vines. DH hates them, but right now they're fruiting. I picked almost a full gallon bag of them yesterday. Raspberries are $4.99/pint at the grocery store, so I'll be grateful to have those in the freezer. Just gotta figure out what to do with them.
    Questions: None today
    GTKY: How did you meet your SO? Not wanting to give too much personally identifiable information on a public forum, but we met in high school. We went to different schools but had extracurricular events together.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25w 1d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: popped bag of microwave popcorn

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:Β πŸ’™

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: 2 today, my 24 week appt last week got rescheduled

How are you feeling?: Getting over a cold, plus never getting enough sleep while camping makes for extreme exhaustion.

Rants/Raves: 4 day week!

Questions:

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? Tinder :D We had both just finished undergrad so I joined to meet new people and dating prospects and DH had moved to the area and joined for the same. In terrible, not following not following any true crime fashion, our first date was a hike. We've been together for 7 years and married for 3.

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 25+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an eggplant

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: next week--growth scan and appointment afterward

How are you feeling?: Doing well! Just tired as usual, and I think I have some plantar fasciitis going on πŸ˜•

Rants/Raves: my daughter is extra cute lately, but gosh I wish she was better at napping. I need a break, too!

Questions: wait, so @galentine, you met your husband while out on a Galentine's date? πŸ˜„

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? On vacation. We're both American, but we weren't even living in the same country at the time...thank God for the modern technology that facilitated our LDR until we got married 9 months later! We'll celebrate five years of marriage shortly after baby boy arrives. πŸ₯°

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Nappa Cabbage

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:Β πŸ’™

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM

Upcoming appointments: Week 28 appt in a a couple of weeks (glucose test). Pediatrician interview in a couple of days!

How are you feeling?: Nervous about delivery pains and complications. Physically, other than the back pain and heartburn, feeling better as the yeast infection and hemorrhoids resolve. Still a little constipated. Generally excited to meet baby. I feel giddy everytime I feel a kick.Β 

Rants/Raves: I have limited things to wear, and I also don't want to shop for more because I've been working from home anyway. Excited for the baby shower in 2 weeks - I get to see some family who lives from afar!

Questions: @kandb4 I think we have the same Target pants lol. Did you get the shorts, too? THAT I have a problem with too, lol.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? I met my husband about 12 years ago.... in an online video game. :)Β 

• Options
    kandb4kandb4 member
    @tari_sara yes! Got the shorts too 😏 so horrible. Full elastic people...it's the only joy of pregnancy clothes
  • Options
    @noprobalo I totally agree. In fact I just told hubby again that I don’t want to go to a wedding three hours up north end of august and he finally said okay. He had been fighting me on it about a month or two ago. I’ll be 33 weeks by then. And the wedding is OUTSIDE. The heat here has been so bad, so between that and the bug bites I knew I would be miserable πŸ₯΅
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited July 2021
    @pizzaplz, ha! I never made that connection before, but you are absolutely right: I basically met my husband while on a Galentine's date! It was the 14th and not the 13th, but close enough πŸ˜‰