August 2021 Moms

Girl Name Ideas!

Hello! We are stuck between two names right now. We’re only 5 weeks out from due date so we are feeling the push to figure it out! It was so easy and obvious when we decided on our first daughter’s name. We both fell in love with it instantly. We haven’t quite had that ‘ah-ha’ moment yet with our second daughter but I think we’re between two name options. The middle name will be James (hubby family middle name). Our first daughter’s name is Finley. I love that it’s not super girlie but not too masculine either. My hubby is also very into his Irish ancestry so it went along with that as well. For our second we want to stick to it not being too girlie again without too masculine, can be irish but doesn’t have to be. The two names we like are Rory James and Callie James. Our only concern with Callie is it being associated with California (no offense to anyone living there!). We like the sound of it otherwise but worry it’ll be connected to the state. I love the unisex sound of Rory and that it has an Irish/Scottish connection. Thoughts??

Best Answers

• claireloSCclaireloSC member
    Answer ✓
    I don't think anyone thinks of Callie as related to California @knottiec5b42bae12c7487d. That would be Cali. So I think you can go with either. Callie is usually a nickname so I prefer Rory personally. Also please change your username to one that people have an easier time tagging you on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Answer ✓
    Agree with @claireloSC that California didn’t even enter my mind as an association, and I’d only ever possibly think of that connection if it was spelled Cali. Also agree with her that I think of Callie as a nickname, and generally prefer Rory. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • coastalmomma3coastalmomma3 member
    Answer ✓
    I live in California and no one here ever actually calls it Cali. And if they did, it would be spelled Cali as others have mentioned rather than Callie. However, I think Rory is a sweet name and it "goes" well with your older daughter's name, if that's a concern for you.