November 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/19

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/19

• Well, DH still really can’t walk. We’re listing the house on Wednesday and all of that prep has obviously been left to me, while I somehow still care for my 3 children aged 5 and under. I hired someone to clean the house for me and they did a terrible job, and my morning sickness is back. I have to constantly remind myself that this is just a season of life and it will pass. Things will get better because they always do, but my goodness am I exhausted.
  • MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited June 2021
    Can I just say I LOVE pajamas from Stars Above at Target? They are buttery soft, have pockets and don't hurt my belly.  

Edited to add their maternity shorts are just too short for my STM+ mom stretched marked legs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @doodleoodle My goodness, that sounds rough! I hope you see a turnaround soon.
    @MaximumEffort I was JUST looking at their pj shorts the other day but didn't quite pull the trigger on getting them. Maybe I'll have to go back 🤔. I need pj bottoms that are more forgiving in the waist than the ones I currently have.
  • @doodleoodle bless you! We sold our home this fall and moved...with 3 kids 5 and under. It was nuts 🤪 I remember showings alwaysssss were over naptime, and I would just drive with our laundry baskets in the back because I didnt want the smell in the house lol! it will be worth it though! 

• @kim1228 oh my! How did you keep your home show ready?! I don’t think I could do that. We put all of our things into temporary storage in the new state we’ll be living in are staying with family temporarily. I can’t even begin to imaging keeping up with showings on top of everything else. How did your children do with the transition to the new house? Any tips?
  • Good luck with the house sale @doodleoodle! I know these things can be stressful, especially with all your little ones under foot. We're here if you need to rant! You got this!
  • Good luck with the house sale @doodleoodle! I know these things can be stressful, especially with all your little ones under foot. We're here if you need to rant! You got this!
    ❤️ Thanks, girl.
  • @doodleoodle luckily it sold in a week (which was considered long around here, hot mkt!)- the one who turned out to be the highest bidder actually showed up 30min early for their showing 😱 so I threw the kids in the van, tossed everything in closets, diffused some oils and prayed for the best haha! I just utilized baskets to hide stuff and prayed they didn't really open closets or cabinets 🙃  try not to stress- the right buyer will know its "the one" 

Transition to the new home was fine on them, but we moved just a few miles away so it wasn't a big deal. It was honestly more difficult for me unpacking and moving in vs packing and moving out. At the end it was "throw it all in the box and roll out" desperation...so boxes NOT labeled or organized well. That killed me.

Oh and a stupid covid exposure at my oldest preschool (only one in school) right when we moved so no school for 2 weeks 😭 that sucked 
  • kim1228 said:
    @doodleoodle luckily it sold in a week (which was considered long around here, hot mkt!)- the one who turned out to be the highest bidder actually showed up 30min early for their showing 😱 so I threw the kids in the van, tossed everything in closets, diffused some oils and prayed for the best haha! I just utilized baskets to hide stuff and prayed they didn't really open closets or cabinets 🙃  try not to stress- the right buyer will know its "the one" 

Transition to the new home was fine on them, but we moved just a few miles away so it wasn't a big deal. It was honestly more difficult for me unpacking and moving in vs packing and moving out. At the end it was "throw it all in the box and roll out" desperation...so boxes NOT labeled or organized well. That killed me.

Oh and a stupid covid exposure at my oldest preschool (only one in school) right when we moved so no school for 2 weeks 😭 that sucked 
    Oh no! How long did it take you to unpack and get settled?
  • @doodleoodle a few weeks after moving in, my friend/neighbor across the street from our new home (also w 3 kids just all a few yrs older)  moved when her 3 were all under 5. She kindly told me "just give yourself grace and a good 3-6 months to truly feel settled in". I am so grateful for her advice! And she was spot on!

Dont stress about everything being put in place and being organized immediately. Just enjoy the kiddos, let them play and get used to the new home (they are surprisingly resilient!)...use nap time to unpack slowly. I'm telling you...as soon as my friend gave me "permission" to move the goal line I expected for being settled in, I was far more relaxed and happy! You got this!
  • kim1228 said:
    @doodleoodle a few weeks after moving in, my friend/neighbor across the street from our new home (also w 3 kids just all a few yrs older)  moved when her 3 were all under 5. She kindly told me "just give yourself grace and a good 3-6 months to truly feel settled in". I am so grateful for her advice! And she was spot on!

Dont stress about everything being put in place and being organized immediately. Just enjoy the kiddos, let them play and get used to the new home (they are surprisingly resilient!)...use nap time to unpack slowly. I'm telling you...as soon as my friend gave me "permission" to move the goal line I expected for being settled in, I was far more relaxed and happy! You got this!
    Thank you for the advice ❤️
  • @doodleoodle fantastic news!!!!! So happy for you! 
  • thanks, Jen!
  • @doodleoodle awesome 🙌🏼 big relief for you I bet! Everything else will fall into place, promise 😘