GTKY - Season

What is your favourite season and why?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: GTKY - Season

• Options

I have a pretty high tolerance for feeling hot, very low tolerance for feeling cold, and endure both Spring and Fall allergies so Summer is by far when I am feeling my best and happiest. Summer's also when all the best fruits and veggies (imho) are the freshest (DH and I garden as well) and our friends and family tend to host quite a few cookouts throughout (and while I'm a major introvert, I am usually up for a meal cooked and cleaned up by someone else!). Plus it's the season of ice cream/milkshakes, iced coffee, and all the other frozen treats. I could go on... I always feel like I'm the only person on the planet who is disappointed when Fall arrives.  :D
  • Options
    Definitely autumn! 😍 I love the crispness in the air and the the changing leaves and all the food that comes with autumn! And all the holidays in autumn (and then Christmas) 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    artsiefartsieartsiefartsie member
    edited June 2021
    I love spring and fall... I hate really hot or really cold.  I also love the colors of everything in both.  I have a very tiny window of tolerance 😂
  • Options
    Mid spring minus the pollen,  love my magnolia tree in blossom then my lilac trees. It's still cool enough for sweaters with shorts 
  • Options
    Summer and autumn. Summer because winter is soooo long in MN, but fall for all the reasons @jackie_dunny listed PLUS the way the air smells. I wish I could bottle
    it up and sniff it year-round 🥰
  • Options
    When I lived in tennessee and had 4 seasons, I loved fall and summer. Fall was my favorite because of football season (i lived in a big college footbal town) and yes the smells! Now that I live in south texas its literal various forms of summer hell all year round except for 1-2 months of "winter" usually jan-feb when the temp is maybe in the 60s. So I kind of detest summer now lol, especially being pregnant. Its been 100+ almost every day and way too hot to enjoy anything outdoors.
  • Options
    I love autumn but I feel like autumn is all of 3 days where I live so it has morphed into winter as my favorite.  I love Christmas and love that I live somewhere now with snow to enjoy! But honestly, I am generally over winter (and summer) after a month or so, lol.
  • Options
    Probably spring because of the weather and flowers. It's also fun because my kids both have birthdays in spring and we get to do Easter stuff as well.
  • Options
    I LOVE autumn. The colors and the smell of the air, and the temperatures, clothes, harvest foods etc. Living in Texas now, every October I get very very sad. I honestly think some September/October I am likely to snap and pack the whole family up and move (only to regret it come January when it's dark and cold in our new home and I remember what Texas winter is like)
  • Options
    Summer all day long… I love how the trees are so green, flowers are blooming, the breeze, summer storms… I love the heat! I grew up in the desert, so 110 degrees is tolerable. My normal body temp is lower than normal, so I tolerate the heat well. I don’t do well in winter. 
  • Options
    I used to be a hands down summer girl but maybe it's just the midwest but summer gets awfully hot and uncomfortable (or maybe I have just become a delicate flower lol) so I am going to go with spring and fall. Love fall for the relief from the hot weather and spring for the relief from the freezing temps. 
  • Options
    Another vote for fall. It just feels cozy and nice ❤️
  • Options
    I really love them all! I love summer for beach days, but fall is the best for bonfires and pumpkin things and I love a good snow day in the winter.    Spring can take its pollen and go to hell
  • Options
    Everything except summer. Love the autumn colours and the air. It’s the time we start easing up on the calories until February. Spring is wonderful with the air perfumed by one tree/bush after the other. And winter is super fun for ice skating and sledging. I also love the fact that I sleep better between autumn and spring. I grew up in places that had only summers round the year. I detest the destroying effect of heat. Though I long for a bit of warmth now and then, you will only find me under a tree if outdoors in summer.