January 2022 Moms

At my first appointment: Just found out I’m almost a month further along than I thought!

CaptainPhasmaCaptainPhasma member
edited June 2021 in January 2022 Moms
I am reeling.

I thought I was due January 26. Turns out I might even deliver before New Years!

How is this possible? My husband and I have been trying for a few months. I got a negative pregnancy test April 21 (Cycle day 25, usually when I start my period) and then my period came April 22 (or so I thought?!?!) I bled for 4 days! Maybe a little lighter than usual, but still seemed within normal range, I still needed to use tampons and everything! (The doctor suggested it might have been bleeding related to implantation)

We treated it like a normal cycle, worked on conceiving during the second week, I took a pregnancy test May 17 (which we thought was cycle day 24… but I guess was actually CD 51?!? Omg)

I came in expecting to make sure the pregnancy was just one baby, in the right place, turns out instead of 7-8weeks I’m 11weeks1day. Since I’m over 35 they went ahead and took blood for the NIPT so I might even know the gender this week. It’s bananas. I’m excited, but also just baffled that I was so off about my body.

I guess I’m going to stick around with this group because I could give birth early January, the doctor said they can aim for Dec 27 - Jan 3 depending on what makes sense for our insurance.

Sorry for the wall of text, as y’all can see I’m still processing. We haven’t told anyone about the pregnancy yet and now it looks like we’ll be announcing a lot sooner than we thought…

edit: don’t worry, I’ve already introduced myself when I first joined, been lurking and posting here sparingly for a couple weeks, I was just clarifying I wasn’t leaving. Sorry if this breaks the rules, it just didn’t seem to fit in with the other topics.

Re: At my first appointment: Just found out I’m almost a month further along than I thought!

• Welcome, @CaptainPhasma congrats on your pregnancy.  

If you want to stick around, please introduce yourself on the Introduction Thread and read the  **Read This First** Thread, and then hop into the other threads!
  • Wow, crazy story! Well, welcome @CaptainPhasma! Like @blackhottamales said, please introduce yourself in the dedicated thread stickied to the top of the board, and I look forward to getting to know you better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Holy!!! Well, what a nice surprise!
  • I introduced myself in the intro thread a few weeks ago when I joined, sorry if this topic broke the rules!

• @CaptainPhasma You're right! Sorry about that. I just didn't recognize your name as a regular poster, which is ok! Yeah, this post probably would've been better in the weekly randoms thread than its own post, but no biggie :) But definitely stick around! 
  • @CaptainPhasma yes, sorry I didn't see either.  Not a big deal, we are all learning how best to organize the board.  
  • That is so awesome! I’m jealous haha I always got implantation bleeding but never as much as a period haha That’s great that every thing is looking good! Maybe before January 1st and you can get a little tax deduction 😆😆 How exciting! Congrats!
  • nik012nik012 member
    Congrats! I am hoping I get similar news! I took a pregnancy test on April 3 and it was negative and then a few days later had a 4 day light period. I feel like I am further along than the first day of my last cycle. I go for my dating ultrasound next week so crossing my fingers! However if I am any further along this baby will be born exactly 2 years apart from my son! That means TWO birthdays and Christmas all at once! 😬😁
  • Limes030Limes030 member
    edited June 2021
    @nik012 we have the same age kids then! I was kind of bummed they will have birthdays so close. DD bday is Dec 22 (12 days early).. due date is Jan 16 this pregnancy, and I measured on track.

@CaptainPhasma such a surprise! Great you are taking it in stride 💕
  • @nik012 I underetand the December birthday thing. My youngest 3 have birthdays all about 6 weeks apart. And it looks lke this one will fall in line with that too. We have oct 4. Nov 19 and Dec 16. Now we will have a Jan ( if not earlier) birthday. Ive said numerous times we were gonna throw it ALL together with a Happy HalloThanksmas. Lol