January 2022 Moms

Vitamin B6 & Unisom

Has anyone had luck with this for sickness? My doctor recommended this combination, but I have just started out with the B6 because I'm afraid of being too drowsy from the Unisom. Not sure I see a difference yet. 

Re: Vitamin B6 & Unisom

• I only add the unisom before bed because it makes me drowsy - during the day i sip on ice cold gatorade- I don’t know why it helps but it does
  • kcf19kcf19 member
    Yes! It has been life changing for me. I have been taking B6 in morning and half a unisom at night. If nausea is really bad I’ll take unisom during the day. One day I accidentally took a whole unisom and slept most of the day on vaca, whoops. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been taking B6 (no unisom yet) and it seems to helping a little!
  • I suffered from severe morning sickness and my doctor also recommended unisom & vitamin B6. Honestly I didn’t take any of it. I personally did not see a need to take Unisom when on a normal day I couldn’t say awake past 7/ 8pm and I felt that my prenatal vitamins provided adequate intake of vitamins. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, I can't remember who said they had carpal tunnel I'm their pregnancy. I did too! My health coach found research that showed a correlation to B6 deficiency.. so I thought that was so interesting.. if I get it again I'm going to ask my OB about going on some B6.
  • I have had the worst insomnia and finally caved today and took half a unisom before laying down for an afternoon nap.  Oh my goodness I had the most amazing 4 hours of deep sleep.  My nausea is better too!  I’m glad I finally took it.  
  • *lurking from Feb*
    @Limes030 I had it very bad with my first, but not so much with my second.  I just attributed it to work and lifestyle factors, but that is good to know about the B6!