January 2022 Moms

GTKY - How Did Y'all Meet?

How did you meet your significant other? What were your first couple dates like? 

Re: GTKY - How Did Y'all Meet?

• Ok, I'll start  :D

We met on Match 10 years ago, and then we had a date for drinks... 10 years ago on Thursday. We sat around talking for a long time and closed down the bar. Then three days later we had a date near where he lived (we lived about 45 minutes apart). He asked what I had done the previous night, and I said that I sat around and watched the Bachelor. He nodded, took a sip of his drink, and said "so what did Bentley do or say this time?"  :o He watched the Bachelor, let alone tolerated someone else watching it! The rest, as they say, is history. 
  • We met in 2015 on the red carpet of a theater event in New York City. We became social media friends and saw each other around at various events over the years. Eventually we became non-stop texting buddies and realized we were meant for each other. First official date was in May 2017, we went out for Mexican food and have been inseparable ever since. Married in November 2019.
  • Loading the player...
  • In 2014, a coworker and I realized we were going to be in Vegas at the same time. He was going with his friends from Miami, and I was going with my roommate. My coworker texted to meet up the first night we were there, and it was instant attraction with his best friend who is now my husband. That was the last thing I expected to happen on that trip lol 
  • We were set up by a mutual friend. We texted a while before meeting because we were both traveling for work. I actually stood him up for our first date...not really but I texted him not long before we were supposed to meet up that I wasn’t going to be able to make it for a total valid but also bizarre reason. 
    We rescheduled and our first date was to a haunted house on Halloween. Then we just hung out a lot on the weekends because we lived about an hour apart and both had crazy schedules. He also told me on our first date that he was deploying in three months which was a fact our friend had conveniently left out 😅
  • Omg @magalina_h - that’s amazing! I totally forgot about hot or not.  That’s a great story! 
  • @karenmarie9 haha, thanks! It felt slightly embarrassing back then (and even now) because online dating wasn't a thing at all then. I mean we were barely past dial-up internet. So we told/still tell people we met at a frat party-which is when we first met in-person. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We dated for a few weeks in high school, maybe 3. He was friends with my older brother. Many years down the road he sent me a friend request on Facebook. After many declines. And many attempts to friend me I accept. At first it was just mindless chatter and catching up. No judmenent here, but we both decided to meet up for a one time booty call. Here we are 9 years later. Weve been married for one year next month and have 6 beautiful kids. All are his. Only 3 are mine. Plus our little bean. 
  • @lisa3379 Lol! Love that the Bachelor helped bring the two of you together. My H has morphed into a Bachelor viewer over the years and now won't let me watch it without him. 

Our story isn't as cute as many of yours! We are both from the same small town where everyone knows everyone basically. He is four years older, so we weren't in highschool at the same time, but he was friends with my older sister. After my sophomore year of college, my friends and I would party with him and his friends because, well, we need someone to buy the beer.  :D A few of us went to a midnight showing of The Dark Knight, and when H found out I'd never even seen Batman Begins, he invited me over to his house solo to watch it. I guess that was our first date? We got married about 7 years later! I'll also add that his mom was my preschool teacher. Like I said...small town.  :D
  • kcf19kcf19 member
    We met at a wedding! I was 19 (now 34) and he was 24. My uncle introduced us and we danced all night in front of my entire family 😂. He went to school with my cousin’s H. We have been “together” ever since, but did long distance throughout college and grad school for 5 years ranging from 1-8 hours apart. He is from NJ. I am from Ohio. We met in NC. 
  • @kcf19 What a great story! 
  • We met on jdate (Jewish dating site). We lived about an hour apart so met up at a bowling/pool/arcade place halfway between us. We were both so terrible at pool it took us forever to finish a game, so we ended up having a long time to talk. We were having fun and decided to continue on for bbq (I’m in Texas). I was dog sitting near him the following week, so we made a point to get together a bit more while I was closer. I think that helped solidify it that by the time I was back home, the hour drive was more worthwhile. 
  • We met at work 😆... back when we were both bartenders. We started hanging out after work and one day we decided to go grab some food. He picked a pretty nice italian restaurant and I guess I figured we were more than just hanging out 🥰
  • galexandriasgalexandrias member
    edited June 2021
    I lived in the same apartment building as his dad and we were introduced to one another and went out to lunch the first day we met. A little awkward because it was pretty much set up but we took it from there. I asked him for his number and we hung out for about a month before we took it up a notch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • We met through mutual friends-a girl I played rugby with in grad school was dating my now-husband's college roommate. I added him on Facebook and we chatted non-stop. He was working at a private school in Toronto at the time, I was in southern Ontario. The following weekend there was a big rugby game in Toronto that I had tickets to, and he was also going with friends. So my good friend and I drove up early Saturday morning, started partying around 10am, went to the game, and partied all night with Jordan and his friends. 
    He left the next day for a job in Newfoundland. We stayed best friends for a few years, I dated other guys. 
    Then eventually I agreed that we should date.