December 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly check-in 6/7

How far along are you?:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at.

Re: Weekly check-in 6/7

• Options
    rgn12rgn12 member

How far along are you?: 14 weeks

Upcoming appointments: I had one today, unfortunately. Everything looked okay though, apparently my cervix is super irritated (I don’t know how?!?) which has caused the minor spotting rather than another problem. That was a relief. 

How are you feeling?: A little better after having a pelvic exam and them finding the likely problem. I also got a Rhogam shot (for those of you following my Rhogam fiasco), so I feel a little better knowing I’m protected for 12 weeks if it happens again. 

Rants/Raves: I guess my rant/rave is kind of listed above 🙈. One more positive, the office handled my situation really well today. They were super kind and helpful. 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at. I am terrible at singing, although I wish I wasn’t. I am good at teaching beginners music, although it was not my favorite thing to do (hence the career change, haha). 

• Options
    @rgn12 Glad to hear everything was okay and you were able to get the Rhogam shot! Glad the office seemed to be better today! 

How far along are you?: 12 weeks today!

Upcoming appointments: Had one today and baby sounds great! Doctors seem on board with me trying for a VBAC! Go the NIPT bloodwork and they said 3-5 days for results!

How are you feeling?: Pregnant.

Rants/Raves: Just super relieved to know the baby sounded good as I have been super worried. 

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at: I love sleeping but I am terrible at it. I'm great at cleaning and cooking fried shrimp but it's just very annoying... but it is very worth it haha.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    @brookert615 thank you! And yay! Glad your appt went well and baby was sounding good! ❤️
  • Options
     I love sleeping but I am terrible at it. 
    @brookert615 Hahaha!  Same here!  Best answer ever.

@rgn12 so glad your OB's office seems more on top of things and that you have a reason for your spotting.  I have a super sensitive cervix all the time and it's annoying, but it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things.  Happy you seem more comfortable now hanging an answer and knowing your OB is making an effort to make things right. 

How far along are you?:  13 weeks 5 days

Upcoming appointments:  June 21st for my 16 week appointment (how already???) And anatomy scan on July 26th!!!

How are you feeling?:  Occasionally still having random bouts of nausea and puking, but overall that's eased up quite a bit.  Still super exhausted but I expect that's not changing anytime soon.  I am starting to feel super pregnant.  My clothes don't fit, my bras don't fit, my underwear dont fit :(  My uterus seems to be really high already which is weirding me out!

Rants/Raves:  my MIL was late coming to watch DD this morning and that made me irrationally mad

Questions:  Will I ever not have heartburn again? I feel like this is permanent and I can't take it.

GTKY: Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at.  Hmmmm...I really like to take pictures, and I used to be pretty good at it, but I have become terrible at it and still take 8938372 pictures a day.  I am good at organizing, but while I don't really hate it, I don't take time to do it anymore because it's overwhelming and also I have a toddler so why bother. 

• Options
    midwestmomma2midwestmomma2 member
    edited June 2021

How far along are you?: 14 weeks!

Upcoming appointments: not for 3 more weeks

How are you feeling?: better finally! Not as exhausted, still a little nauseous here & there but I’ll take it! Also very relieved that all our family, friends, and work know about baby now so no more keeping that secret!

Rants/Raves: Rave this week! We had quite a bit going on this weekend & both girls were surprisingly well behaved! 

Questions: none this week 

GTKY: Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at. 

I really like sewing and am definitely not great  at it haha. I also do not enjoy cleaning (does anyone?!) but am very particular and I guess good at that?

• Options
    bkjadebkjade member

How far along are you?: 11 weeks

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow!  :)

How are you feeling?: Tired but good. I still have food aversions to everything except the one random thing that I might be craving which switches daily lol. I have given up on meal planning for now. 

Rants/Raves: Rave! I went to in-person yoga for the first time since the pandemic started. It was so good to be back irl.

Questions: What registries are y'all using?

GTKY: Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at. I love singing karaoke. I am truly terrible at it but will not stop. I'm great at bartending since I've done it for so many years but I really don't enjoy it. I used to love it when I was younger and liked to drink and socialize but my patience has grown thin as I've gotten older and I enjoy my alone time and don't drink much lol. 

• Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    @scaredunprepared Yes heartburn!  :s I don't remember it starting this early in the past and I don't even eat much! 
    @brookert615 - also yes cleaning! I am great at cleaning and organizing but I really don't enjoy either as I am constantly doing them. 
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade yay, appt tomorrow! That’s exciting! I hope it goes well! Registry-wise, I have no clue yet! Last time I did Target and Amazon, but the most recent shower I went to did Babylist and that was kind of cool. 

My DH is super resistant to us doing something again since we’re having another girl. We already have a bunch of stuff saved since DD is only 22 months. BUT I feel like every baby should be celebrated even if we don’t ask for much stuff! I’m hoping someone will offer to at least throw us a sprinkle or something to celebrate, I don’t care about gifts but just want to celebrate this little one with friends and family (hopefully if COVID calms down and stays calm by fall). I know people close to us will want to buy us a gift though, so I will still register somewhere regardless even if it ends up being my own personal checklist haha!

Sorry that was long and random, it’s been on my mind since we found out baby is a girl last week! 

@midwestmomma2 yay, glad you’re starting to feel better! 

@scaredunprepared thank you, I’m relieved it went well too. Not sure if they flagged my chart and that’s why they were so nice and going above and beyond, but at least they are making an effort! I tried to bypass triage to schedule my appt, but they wouldn’t let me. Triage was even much nicer and understanding (which was my issue before). Hoping this is a permanent change! 

• Options
    @scaredunprepared Totally get the feeling totally pregnant already! The heartburn is the worst pregnancy symptom in my opinion. I was eating the Tums Smoothies my whole third trimester! Hope you can find relief!

@midwestmomma2 So happy to hear that you're feeing better! 

@bkjade Glad you were able to get back to yoga! LOL at karaoke!!! And I'm going to do Babylist, Amazon, and Target. Even though I probably won't share with others - those free boxes and discounts are lovely lol.
    TW
  • Options

How far along are you?: 10 weeks 5 days

Upcoming appointments: MFM on June 24

How are you feeling?: Meh. Pregnant. Not as nauseous as I have been, so that's good. But I also just don't feel great. 

Rants/Raves: DD has this new habit where she cries and throws a fit if she doesn't get what she wants and I'm not here for it. She'll be three in August, and I'm already ready for her to be four lol.

Questions: Is anybody monitoring their blood pressure at home? I had high blood pressure last time, although it never developed into pre-eclampsia. I'm worried because my blood pressure was already elevated at my first appointment, so I borrowed a BP monitor from my mom to keep track of it at home in case the doctor asks me to. 

I love to bake and decorate cakes, but my decorating skills aren't that great. They're better than Nailed It, but definitely not Food Network worthy. I'm really good at making Chicken Marsala, but I hate cooking it and naturally it's one of DH's favorite dishes. 
  • Options
    @melbel0824 I haven’t yet but I probably should start monitoring at home. My dr asked me to with my last 2 pregnancies so I’m sure she will this time. The first two times it was always okay at home, but elevated at my appointments so that was reassuring! 
  • Options
    @melbel0824- I have a BP montior for home after pre-e last time. I haven't started doing it yet, but likely will. The office makes me nervous too and raises my blood pressure!!

@rgn12- i would secretly like a sprinkle too, with NO stuff, as 2/3 of my baby showers were cancelled last time since i went so early and was in/out of the hospital. I just want to celebrate baby girl, but i feel like people would feel obligated to bring gifts, but really i just want to see everyone!!

How far along are you?: Today I am 13+6.

Upcoming appointments: I was in today and my ultrasound was "very reassuring" according to my OB. Still some blood in there (SCH), but I'm hoping it will reabsorb or just be brown light spotting. I go back in 2 weeks for my 16 week, but wont get a scan unless there are further issues. Then anatomy scan is 7/20. SO ready for these next 6 weeks to go quickly with NO spotting hopefully.

How are you feeling?: I'm doing ok. I have been having severe anxiety and peeing 5 times per night, terrified to wake up in blood again. Its definitely minor PTSD from THursday night. I'm just so thankful baby girl is ok. She is our last known baby girl embryo and we just can't lose her.

Rants/Raves:  Honestly, I can't ask for any more than the good news we got about baby girl today. she is our miracle. 

Questions: Anyone else having alot of lower back pain when you "popped"?? i feel like my incarcerated uterus is finally free and now my my bump is forming (quickly) and putting alot of pressure/pull on my lower back??

GTKY: Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at. I'm with @brookert615 and am terrible at sleeping in! Once I am up after 5am, i am up :( It was really hard with a newborn last time since I take forever to fall asleep and am a light sleeper. I only surivived by my husband taking the 8pm-12am shift so i could sleep uninterupted for 4 hours per night. For what I am good at, i think I am good at planning in general and especially planning vacations! If only travel agent was a more profitable career and not replaced by the internet these days :)

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 Happy to hear that you had a good scan. Hoping that you don't have to deal with any spotting and it's smooth sailing from here! Also, not sure if it's related but as soon as turn a test I have instant sciatica pain.
    TW
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    Has anyone felt any fetal movement yet? I could have sworn I felt the faintest flutters today (14+3/STM). Although I guess it could’ve been gas 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣
  • Options
    @rgn12 I swear I felt something last week at 13+2!  With how much baby was jumping around last ultrasound it wouldn't be impossible.  Also could be gas, because I'd been so gross though lol
  • Options

How far along are you?: 12+3

Upcoming appointments: 6/28

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling better, but the nausea ramped up again. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: my mom had a major freak out on our last full day of vacation and the trip ended shitty. Like my mom sitting at a bar for 10 hours trying to find an alternate place to stay and way to get to the airport. She said some pretty shitty things. The next day she apologized, but said we are not rehashing. I’m a talker, I’m not okay with not talking it out. So we are still on shitty terms. 

Questions: None

GTKY: Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at. I also love to sew. I want to be really great and sew beautiful clothes like my grandma did, but I just lack the patience to learn and the time to practice.

@bkjade - I use the Target and Amazon registries. Mainly for the welcome boxes and completion coupons. We obviously will be buying everything ourselves (fifth baby). 

• Options
    @eggsbene42 wow im so sorry about your mom.  I hope you guys can work things out soon and be on better terms.