January 2022 Moms

FFFC 6/4

Re: FFFC 6/4

• I told the kids that I'd take them to Jamba Juice after their dentist appointments today as a treat, but it's really just a way for me to get a Jamba Juice.

I decided to use Instacart for groceries today instead of schlepping myself downtown to go shopping so I could have more time to sit around and read my book. But I was downtown anyway earlier to get a Starbucks, and filled out my Instacart order while waiting for my coffee. 

• Loading the player...
  • @fifilala516, I do the same!
    @Lisa3379 I miss Jamba Juice! Des Moines doesn't have them.  I do love Smoothie King now, but there aren't any super close to me. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I told my son that after quiet time today we could get a treat. He's home with me today and no school, he doesn't do quiet time anymore since he's almost 5. I was just bribing him to take quiet time so I could get some peace and quiet because I'm exhausted.
  • @laurabridget, that is cute! I have also bought things too.  I bought a shirt for my son to use in our announcement picture (and to announce to him). And then I also bought a superhero/sidekick outfit for both of them for newborn pictures.  I mean they were on sale and...it saves on shipping, right??
  • @magalina_h I know once you start it’s hard to stop! And I haven’t even had my physical yet! I am not buying another thing until after that appointment next week lol 
  • @laurabridget, same about not having had a confirmation/dating appointment yet (Tues finally!).  Other than that, I haven't really had any desire to buy things. My husband wants to wait to find out the sex of this baby, so I don't plan on buying much. But believe if baby is a girl, I'll be doing some major shopping after she's born!  I did start a registry though.  
  • Cute finds @laurabridget @magalina_h

This is mine! We love growing our own fruits and veggies! 
  • @magalina_h I need that Friends shirt!
  • @dani_0921 Amazon! It's only like $17 too
  • @fifilala516 - now I have a new obsession! The bump is the only app I downloaded so I had not been on the WTE community board yet. Checked it out after your post.  Oh wow.  It’s a mess!  But super addictive.  
  • After all the chatter about twins the last couple weeks, I was a little dissappointed that the ultrasound only showed one. And I'm secretly hoping they just missed one and will catch it at the next ultrasound.   Remeber ladies, its Flame Free. 
  • @AshleyGemini24 relatable though. My mom keeps saying twins (which she has with both my kids so it means nothing) but this is the first time I’ve ever had implantation bleeding, the sickest I’ve ever been, and I feel huge (which is probably a 5th pregnancy thing if we are being realistic) and I am equal parts hoping it is and absolutely terrified and hoping it’s not.

also bought something for baby, they will be getting sooooo many hand-me-downs but I found the cutest gender neutral sleeper at Target and couldn’t resist. 

idk if this is really a confession, but I gave my son a haircut today and it very much looks like I gave him a haircut 😅
  • magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited June 2021
    I guess my confession is that while I'm thrilled and so excited to be pregnant, I'm terrified of the possibility that I'm carrying twins. I will be SO relieved at our appointment to only see 1 baby in there. We weren't even 100% sure about having a 2nd child (would have been content with 1 and done), but decided to give it a go starting last summer and not actively try, or prevent. If I wasn't pregnant by the end of this year, we would have been be done-done. 
  • @magalina_h Agreed and same! Just had our first appt and it is only one! Thank goodness. Considering my advanced age, we had decided to try and see if we could get pregnant naturally this year. If not, oh well. Done-done. But here we are! 
  • *lurking / trolling from Feb*

MIL didn't find out she was carrying twins until the delivery room!  (It was the 70's, crazy time)  FIL had to run out and get a second crib, and a second carseat before they left the hospital.  So ya know, j/s.

It could happen. ;)
  • My step.daughters are twins. DH keeps mentioning that they didnt discover the girls were twins until the anatomy scan. 
  • mfd19mfd19 member
    Getting this!! Love it!
  • mfd19mfd19 member
    The friends tshirt that is 😂 
  • mfd19mfd19 member
    @magdalina.h I could have written your post! Suffering so bad with morning sickness I’m terrified it is twins! 😂 I was also going to be done after this year but here we go! 
  • I drank non alcoholic beer with a friend who is 22 weeks pregnant. Then I read that there could be traces of alcohol in even non alcoholic options and it’s best to avoid altogether. And then I drank another one…