December 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 5/31

Re: Weekly randoms 5/31

• Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    My random... is anyone else itchy?? I think it might just be allergies, but I do not know haha. My skin is so dry and itchy, which is weird! 
  • Options
    @rgn12 Definitely itchy here! I'm covering myself in lotion non-stop!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    @brookert615 glad I’m not alone 🙈
  • Options
    Me too!! It’s mostly my lower back, top of my butt which is such an awkward place and makes no sense. 
  • Options
    Also itchy like crazy!!! I'm constantly putting lotion on my legs
  • Options
    I just wanted to update on my decision between NT vs NIPT since you were all so helpful in giving advice for saving money. 

I went with the NIPT (opted not to find out sex) because the out of pocket cost did end up being lower than what the NT would be even with insurance (how?  I don't understand?  Insurance is a joke.).   Thanks all for your help!  The sucky part is that the NIPT itself isn't the only expensive part.... apparently the appointment and ultrasound with MFM is still going to cost us $1500 :(   And that's with insurance!

You need to friggin win the lottery to afford a baby, apparently!
  • Options
    So, this is REALLY random but does anyone else in this group have ADD? I usually take Vyvanse but it is not considered safe for pregnancy. I'm struggling like you wouldn't believe with work. It was bad with my first pregnancy but I don't remember it being this bad. My boss doesn't know I have ADD (I'm not one to openly share that type of thing, and I've always been able to manage with meds)... nor does she know I'm pregnant yet, for that matter..  so I can't go and ask for accommodations (not that I know what those accommodations would be) .. anyone else in the same boat? How are you coping?
  • Options
    @PYLWhammy I'm sorry you're struggling. I don't have any advice but hoping you can find something that works for you!

@mockingjay1 That sounds so nice! Always wanted to visit! 
    TW
  • Options
    @PYLWhammy I don't have experience or advice for you, but I'm sorry you're struggling. 
  • Options
    @brookert615 @scaredunprepared thank you for the support!
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    Anyone else randomly gagging/dry heaving again? Ugh I have been for the last few days. 13+4 today. 😫
  • Options
    @rgn12 I have been! Brushing my teeth makes me gag every time 
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @PYLWhammy Not sure how your workplace is structured, but can you talk to HR?  They would be able to help you arrange whatever accommodations, without prying into why you had a med change, and then support you in communicating whatever is actually relevant to your mgr.  Do you have any coping tools you have found helpful in the past?  I know a lot of people like the pomodoro method for productivity, but I'm not sure how it might translate for someone with ADD.
  • Options
    @rgn12 It never stopped for me lol
    TW
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @PYLWhammy Not sure how your workplace is structured, but can you talk to HR?  They would be able to help you arrange whatever accommodations, without prying into why you had a med change, and then support you in communicating whatever is actually relevant to your mgr.  Do you have any coping tools you have found helpful in the past?  I know a lot of people like the pomodoro method for productivity, but I'm not sure how it might translate for someone with ADD.
    Thank you! I have tried the pomodoro method in the past and will try it again. I'm willing to try anything! I do not feel super comfortable going to HR, but if things get worse (and they are already pretty bad!) maybe I should suck it up and do it anyway.