Anyone else feeling this lately?  :D

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? 

Re: Weekly Check-In 5/27

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  January 5/8w1d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a raspberry

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM 

Upcoming appointments: First appt with my OB on June 8, where I'm assuming I'll have a ton of blood taken. I'm already freaking out about it. 

How are you feeling?: Nausea and fatigue are for real, although I've had a couple decent days this week. My boys are so sweet - they know I'm not feeling well, but they don't know why, and I'm DYING to tell them, but I won't for probably another 6-7 weeks or so. They keep making me get well cards and hugging me. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I went to the grocery store for the first time since March 2020 today (we've been doing Instacart). I did self-check out, but made the fatal mistake of moving something once it was in the already scanned area, and waited 5 minutes for someone to eventually never come to help me. I had to haul my stuff to a checker. No more self-check out for me - after 14 months, they still haven't improved it evidently  :D

Questions: nope

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? I live in the SF Bay Area. Likes: near my family, a lot of stuff to do (I'm assuming. We barely do anything, haha). Pretty liberal in general, so that's a big plus for me. Dislikes: the weather is super boring - give me seasons. Speaking of seasons, we have a new-ish one: fire season. Because of that, summer is officially the worst. Too many people. 

• @Lisa3379 I'm dead at that gif 😂🤣

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 7th 2021 / 6W6D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lemonhead candy 🍬

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM 

Upcoming appointments: June 23rd 12 week ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: Tired, Moody & bloated

Rants/Raves: DH is a saint for putting up with all the hormones. 

Questions:

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? I love that I am 90 minutes to the ocean and 90 minutes to the snow in the mountains. I live in Northern CA, in the valley. So it gets hot here. 110+ and a dry heat. My entire family is east coast and I honestly would take the humidity over the dry heat any day of my life.

• Loading the player...
  • @firewife2021 Hahaha I just might have to watch that movie now! And you would take humidity?! Whoa. I mean, 110 degrees sucks for sure, but once I was in DC in the summer, and I walked maybe 5 blocks from the metro stop to my hotel and I had to take a shower immediately after  :s
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 23rd, 5 weeks 6 days. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lentil

Upcoming appointments: June 23rd for my first ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: Generally pretty good, a little tired  I know week 6 is when the nausea hit hard last pregnancy though so I’m not looking forward to that  

Rants/Raves: honestly I feel like I’m having a hard time connecting with this pregnancy I don’t know if it’s because it was unexpected, I haven’t had an ultrasound yet or because I’m generally feeling pretty well but it’s like I just forget I’m pregnant. In addition since no one knows yet it’s just leaving me feeling pretty “blah”. It might also be weaning my son which I know can cause some people to get a little depressed. Debbie downer, party of one over here lol

Questions: has anyone ever had their progesterone drop while on supplements?  I’ve been on supplements a week and still had a decrease with light spotting but my beta has been excellent  

I live in Nashville. I love the area because there is lots of hiking/ outdoor spaces  and every one is so so nice (I’m from Florida, no one is nice there) but I hate all the rain and lack of beach/ theme parks. I took for granted always being an hour or less from a theme park or beach back home. Jealous of all you West coast people and your glorious weather. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/29; 4w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: round sprinkle on a cupcake

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: Intake at a new OB on 6/3- will schedule 8 week u/s then

How are you feeling?: Mostly cranky. And crampy. That's it!

Rants/Raves: Told our 2 bio boys (4 & 8)- we are super open about life so we aren't worried about it being so early. 

Questions: Nada

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? I live in DE. I like it because it's so easy to get to really pretty places. I dislike the SLUGS. Holy crap. We have so many slugs here and I'm a transplant from CT where I never saw a slug a day in my life.

• Ugh, I feel that GIF hardcore.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 16/6w+4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A hashtag symbol on your phone! Parents Magazine has a cute guide for millennial parents: https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/baby-size-by-week-not-fruit/

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: June 9th for 8 week ultrasound (and bloodwork and all that good stuff, I assume)

How are you feeling?: Not terrible today. I am queasy/nauseous in the morning but it usually subsides by the afternoon and then I am RAVENOUS and proceed to eat so much I make myself nauseous again. However, TMI - I am SO bloated and constipated I look like I'm in the 2nd trimester.

Rants/Raves: I am relieved that we were able to see the little bean and the heartbeat, but my doctor's choice of words about "it being too early to determine viability" made me nervous and anxious.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? I live in Queens, which is a great borough in its own right with different cultures and tons to do and it's close to Manhattan. However, the part where I live is pretty suburban (which I do like - our complex is huge and has two pools!) but the public transportation is horrible, and there is no subway. Not that I would be taking the subway anytime soon...but it's nice to have the option. Also, our area is more conservative than the average NYC neighborhood, which ehhh. DH and I got harassed yesterday for our bumper sticker, which was the first time that's happened. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 21/5+6 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: weighs as much as a grain of rice

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM and last

Upcoming appointments: June 9 for my ultrasound!

How are you feeling?: tired,  a little nauseated on and off, hungry. Allergies are kicking my butt also. 

Rants/Raves: rant: allergies! The pollen needs to go away. Rave: three day weekend this weekend!

Questions: I can't remember...flying ok in first trimester? I'm supposed to go to Colorado mid June...

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? I love the seasons, and central Pennsylvania has great snacks. Family close by is also nice. Dislike...lack of chemistry jobs available for my experience level here. I also wish the bigger cities were closer. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7w6d (EDD: Jan 7)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby's placenta and umbilical cord should be staring to take over some of the hormone needs!!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: June 8 - it finally feels like it's getting closer.  Less than 2 weeks now!

How are you feeling?: There are moments when I start to think that maybe I've turned a corner on feeling better, and then it hits me and I feel awful.  DS doesn't know, but it's hard when I'm not eating the family's dinner because I can't stomach it, and he doesn't get to choose something else.  I've always told him that we're not a restaurant and he doesn't get to pick whatever he wants to eat for dinner. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I feel like it's the same every week, but I just want to feel normal, and I'm sick of waiting for my 1st appointment.  My anxiety about it starting to increase the longer I have to wait.  I also think I'm starting to get some RLP already.  Rave - My husband hasn't said 1 thing about the extra eating out that I've been doing during the day (smoothies or chai tea on the way to work, or lunch ordered in). AND, he let me go to bed early last night and did DS's bedtime by himself. I definitely hit the jackpot.  

Questions: None that I can think of

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? I live in a suburb of Des Moines, IA.  Like - the cost of living is manageable and seems to be in-line for the most part with average salaries.  Dislike - too many racists and ultra-conservatives.  Our Governor is the worst. Reading the comments section of any news post makes me sick to my stomach most times.

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dani_0921 Oh yeah, flying is fine in 1st trimester. I think the general guideline is no flying after 36 weeks or so. Where in CO are you going? I love it there. 
  • Aurora. My brother is stationed at Bailey AFB. I've never been to CO, so I'm excited!
  • @dani_0921 I am flying to Michigan in 2 weeks.  1st trimester is fine.  It mostly just like 3rd trimester that gets a little more dicey, like pp said.  I delivered my first at 34 weeks, so I am not planning on traveling anywhere after 30 weeks this pregnancy. 
  • @magalina_h How far are you from Dubuque? We have really good friends who live there!
  • @fifilala516 decently far. Dubuque is on the border between Iowa and Illinois and Des Moines is central Iowa.  It's about a 3 hour drive. 
  • @Lisa3379 Totally. The dry is just dry. Bone dry. And yes fire season. DH is a firefighter / medic. So he isn't on grass fires often, more structural fires. But when the big ones do go out they call out strike teams and he can be gone for like 2 weeks fighting them. I'm just an east coast girl at heart but CA is where the money is at for firefighters. One day well move, my brother is in HOTlanta and man I absolutely love it there!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    7 weeks 5 days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

lemon head candy

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3rd & final

Upcoming appointments: finally being seen in person June 9th for blood work and a physical and hopefully a “small ultrasound” as the girl put it over the phone 🤞🏼🤞🏼 

How are you feeling?: boobs hurt when i don’t wear a bra. i’m about as bloated and constipated as the gif says. and exhaustedddd but i’m happy i’m feeling a little bit pregnant!

Rants/Raves: jealous of everyone that has already had an ultrasound before 9.5 weeks and heard the heartbeat! i’m dying to tell my kids but i want to wait till i hear good news at my appointment and i didn’t think i’d have to wait so long for an appointment!

Like: All the seasons. I can’t live where there’s no snow on christmas. it’s close to family. and surrounded by the best hospitals and colleges. pine trees and hiking trails and state parks and close to beaches and Cape Cod!!!

Dislike: the amount of money things cost (like houses)  and the taxes

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 19

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Sweet pea! (Also a cute nickname)

FTM/STM/TTM+: old lady FTM

Upcoming appointments: Still waiting on 1st appointment on June 4!

How are you feeling?: The second a got to 6 weeks the nausea hit. 🤢

Rants/Raves: Rave = plain popcorn is a lifesaver! It has been the best thing to eat for the nausea recently 

Questions:

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? DC metro area - love all the free museums and things to do. Dislike everyone's focus on "networking" and the cost of living is insane.

• @dani_0921 Pennsylvania does have the best snacks! UTZ potato chips are my FAVORITE! 
  • @lilyfox I LOVE Middlesworth BBQ chips. You can't get them anywhere else really. I have family in Illinois and we always send them home with those and some Yuengling. Oh and Lebanon Bologna 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/7 7+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: raspberry

FTM/STM/TTM+: ttm 

Upcoming appointments: June 14 - so far away

How are you feeling?: nauseated and exhausted

Rants/Raves: DH leaves very soon for the summer. He was supposed to have half days all week but only had 1 so we got none of the prep stuff done we needed to. Rave: my mom offered to keep my dog while DH is gone and I am so thrilled 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live?  Western WA. It’s beautiful, so much stuff to do, four seasons, close-ish to family. But the traffic and the rain 😭

• elksammelksamm member
    @MrsJessS I’m in Western WA also. SO much rain 😭 We moved from San Francisco 2 years ago and the weather adjustment has been so hard. But we love our neighborhood/neighbors and it’s so beautiful so I’ll probably just have to suck it up. H and DS love it here and don’t mind the weather.
  • edited May 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8w today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: raspberry

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM +

Upcoming appointments: June 2nd. Cant wait

How are you feeling?: Living Pepto Bismol commercial here. nausea heartburn indigestion upset stomach diarrhea

Rants/Raves: Everyone keeps.joking that its twins. Honestly it wouldn't bother me if it was. I might even go as far as to say I want it to be twins. 

Questions: is that weird? 

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? Watertown,TN  Its a very small town with a very good school system. Being such a small town everyone knows everyone and we get these big city cops in a small town. They think they are billy badass. Also they roll the sidewalks up at 9. And you gotta drive 20 to 30 minites to get to the next town with any kind of options. 

• @elksamm it’s totally worth the weather. And we will only be here 3 ish years probably so I’m making the most of it! We moved from TX in January so that’s been a bit of an adjustment 😅
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 27/5+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peppercorn?

Upcoming appointments: none still. Waiting on the hospital to call to schedule the first US (apparently they do them between 8-10 weeks...different than with my first)

How are you feeling?: just a bit tired. Maybe some round lig discomfort. 

Rants/Raves: my husband is gone for a week, so it's just me, the dog, and our son. 

Questions: isn't there another U/S at 12 weeks? I don't understand why this podunk town would put off a dating US to 8-10 wks when the next one is a few weeks after. What's the point?

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? I live in small town Central Ontario, Canada. A largely military town (we are civilian). There isn't much here except the beautiful outdoors, which is fine. It's It's to be far from family (like 800km) and not have help.

I do like that it's small town- I'm not a city person, and I like privacy!

• elksammelksamm member
    @MrsJessS my H is from TX and we keep talking about possibly moving there. You can’t beat the summer months here (the long sunny days are the BEST) but the winters are pretty grey.
  • elksammelksamm member
    EDD: Jan 24th

Baby size: apple seed

Upcoming appointment: June 15th ultrasound + blood work

Feeling: tired all the time, nausea is here but not too bad yet

Rant: BIL and his gf are visiting next week for 10 days, we were hoping to wait to tell anyone at least until after my 8 wk ultrasound but I don’t know if I’ll be able hide feeling like garbage for that long

GTKY: what I love about Seattle is how green and beautiful it is year round, no state income tax, nice neighbors (people in general are pretty nice here), and the long summer days. I dislike how much is rains, lack of sun, short winter days and that even with no state income tax it’s still quite expensive. I have a lot of extended family in WA but all my immediate family live in CA. I’ve been working on getting my parents to move up here, hoping this baby will do the trick. If not we’ll consider moving back to CA
  • @sarah_is_pregnant for my 1st, I only got an U/S at 8weeks and 20weeks.  Not sure if I'll get more than that this time or not, since I'm now AMA. 
  • @magalina_h I think I got much more than two US due to AMA. So you might this time!
  • @sarah_is_pregnant I had ultrasounds at ~8 weeks, 12 weeks (NT scan) and the 20 week anatomy scan for my first two kids. I was 34 when I was pregnant with my first, so I don’t know if insurance covered the NT scan or not, but we opted for all tests we could, regardless of whether insurance covered it or not, so it’s hard to say. You could probably get the 12 week scan if you wanted to 🤷‍♀️ But I hear you re: waiting so long for the first, it sucks. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: jan 16 / 6w/6d
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pom seed
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM!!
    Upcoming appointments: Jun 8 (8 week ultrasound)
    How are you feeling?: much better today after recovering from food poisoning. Man that was rough. Otherwise just tired, but not really liking going to sleep. I already have vivid dreams I would rather not remember.
    Rants/Raves: my daughter found a kitten today and I took the kitten to the vet. Turns out she is microchipped, but we already love her and paid for exam and ringworm test. Hope the kitten rescue that was registered on the chip gives us more info on the adopting family.. don't really know how this is going to go! We named her Waffles 💕
    Questions: not at the moment
    GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live? living south of Seattle.. so many people in this area! I love that it's green all the time. Don't love that there are so many tall trees that block the amazing view of Mt Rainier.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 8th, 7 weeks + 6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: blueberry 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: a rescan ultrasound on Monday to check Baby's heartbeat. It was 110 last time (but I had an early scan so it could be just that)

How are you feeling?: nauseous, bloated, and like I can't drink enough fluids.

Rants/Raves: I don't know, I think I'm generally more grumpy this pregnancy 😅

Questions: not yet 

Hmm, I like the amount of Target stores we have... but I can't wait to move to my man in a few weeks. I don't like being LD while preggo LOL 😭

• @elksamm haha I was sooooo over TX. But we were not anywhere fun so that might have helped. Idk. I swear the sun tries to kill you and it’s just miserable to be outside half the year there. At least here I can bundle my kids up 😂
  • Love reading this!! Here is mine!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  January 20/ 6 weeks and 2 days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Chocolate chip! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    FTM

Upcoming appointments: Jun 3 (2nd ultrasound - hoping to hear heartbeat)

How are you feeling?  Mildly nauseous all day and tired.

Rants/Raves: Mainly annoyed with the nurses at my fertility clinic.  I’m at Stanford Children’s Hospital in California and I know the science there is great BUT they could really use a lesson in empathy and looking at a patients holistic health history.  I’m a cancer survivor and my hormones were so out of whack from chemo and suppressing estrogen for 5 years that I knew I needed more supplements and was a unique case.  I had to assert myself and demanded to have the doctor run extra blood work (which ultimately led to them adding estrodial and progesterone injections on top of suppositories).  I hate to think what would have happened if I hadnt strongly and repeatedly advocated for myself.  

Questions: Tons but waiting until after Thursday when i can be a little more optimistic.

GTKY: What do you like - and dislike - the most about where you live:  We live in the Bay Area (saw a few others as well!) and it’s truly a magical place.  We moved here from Brooklyn two years ago and I LOVE hiking and exploring the nature around here.  I have a German Shepherd mix dog and I hit the beach or trails with her about every other day.  It’s great!  I dislike the traffic and home prices 🤣
  • @karenmarie9 Hey neighbor! 👋 I delivered both my kids at Stanford! I’m sorry that they weren’t the most attentive for you over there. 
  • @karenmarie9 I'm glad you advocated for yourself and I'm hoping you get to hear the heartbeat on Thursday! I am actually a Brooklyn native - was it a huge culture shock moving across the country?
  • @fifilala516 - OMG yes!  My husband was born and raised in Greenpoint and had never driven and didn’t even have a license so a much bigger shock for him!  Where in Brooklyn are you from? We lived in Park Slope before moving here.

@Lisa3379 - Great to hear!  The main issue is Stanford Children’s hospital is an entirely different hospital than Stanford Medical (so two different mycharts) so my fertility doctor can’t see my oncology doctors reports!  You’d think Stanford of all places could figure out how to sync the two.  And my doctor is great!  Just frustrating that I have to bridge the gap bc the two hospitals don’t share records.  
  • @magalina_h @lisa3379
    Thanks! I'm sure I had a US between 6 and 7 weeks, then another around 12, 20. Then i
    Had a bunch because I was diagnosed with GDM. I will definitely be doing the NT scan since I'm 36, and glad I'm in Ontario Canada where its all covered by OHIP. 
    I'll keep a close eye on the calendar.

• @karenmarie9 I'm from Bensonhurst, near Coney Island. And I still don't have a driver's license! 
  • Hi everyone! First time pregnancy here...about 6 weeks and now I’m feeling it. Nausea, fatigue, and I have been feeling kinda achey and have hot flashes but then I’ll have chills too (no fever though). Anyone else experienced this? 😩 I feel like all I want to do is lay in bed...oh and I’ve been super thirsty too! 
  • @chelswcu12 Yes! Random, fleeting chills, but yes! Super weird. 
  • @Lisa3379 glad it’s not just me!! So strange!