January 2022 Moms

Monday B*tchfest 5/24

firewife2021firewife2021 member
edited May 2021 in January 2022 Moms
Let's hear it ladies. What's got your gears grinding today? 

Happy Monday all!

Re: Monday B*tchfest 5/24

• alpacamama2alpacamama2 member
    edited May 2021
    So DH made the oh so great decision to let his parents know that we are trying to get pregnant. 🙄 Which of course means that MIL is constantly being sneaky to find out about any potential pregnancy early. Example: she offers me a glass of wine with a smirk on her face. I am only 5w5d at this point, haven't had my first appt, and am SO NOT ready to tell anyone - ESPECIALLY my Facebook-post-loving MIL!! She is driving me nuts!!

Edit to add: my in-laws live 5 blocks from us 😫
  • I have no appetite and the only things I seem to stomach are not healthy. I was able to choke down an apple before but other than that, I had homemade bread with butter...chocolate cake...a pickle (and some pickle juice)...and more chocolate cake.
  • Loading the player...
  • @lilyfox YIKES! I'd tell her to mind her own bizzzzness real quick. I'm so sorry. Just remember it is no one concern don't even feel bad for keeping it to yourself or waiting it out. You could just say you're being super healthy while trying to conceive and have eliminated alcohol out of your diet completely. That way there is no obligation for you. 

@fifilala516 A woman after my own heart I'm OBSESSED with pickles. As much as the morning sickness sucks it's amazing that you are having symptoms!
  • I feel so sick and exhausted. I took my first nap of the day at 9:30. There’s sooo much to do, but I can’t seem to get off the couch. And I have allergies. 
  • @fifilala516 @firewife2021
    I am also pickle obsessed! And weirdly love drinking pickle juice. Must be something related to salt and dehydration 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @lilyfox @firewife2021 I've always loved pickles and pickle juice, pre-pregnancy. Pickleback shots are the best thing ever...

My in-laws also live very close by (like a 3 minute walk) but luckily I have a great relationship with them. 
  • @fifilala516 ooofff pickle back shots! 🤤🥵

Its the vinegar for me. I love it!

@Lisa3379 I feel you. You deserve that nap mama. I am ready for a mid day nap myself! 

• The IRS grinds my gears today. So we filed joint with injured spouse before tax day opened. Still waiting on our refund. I call every week to see what the hold up is. Every week I've been told it shoukd be finished processing by next week. So every "next week" for the past 6 weeks i have called. One reason or another its being held or still being processed. Now it may even be mid July before we get our taxes back. Not to mention this morning I was on the phone for an hour. After being told it was finished processing but there was a hold I got disconnected. Then jad to call and be on the phone another 45 minutes to find out it will likely be mid July. Thanks IRS. Thanks alot. 
  • firewife2021firewife2021 member
    edited May 2021
    Macys furniture is my rant today. DH an I purchased a new couch in early February.  Couch got delivered on 3/31. Well the couch arrived damaged. With box cuts in two of my center consoles.. I'm not one to complain however this couch was not cheap... so I called Macy's day of delivery. They scheduled a person to come and inspect the couch but couldn't get anyone out until 4/28. Fast forward the tech arrives on 4/28 and says no worries I'll just order you new consoles. GREAT! 2-3 weeks go by no call nothing. So I call about 2 weeks ago and the gal tells me oh yes they'll be in about a week! Fantastic! I wait a week no one calls me. So I just called and was informed my new consoles won't be arriving until AUGUST 10th. with covid I understand so I was very calm. But from Macy's I kind of expect more. They were able to give me some compensation back. Other than the two consoles with cuts the couch is great!  So now we wait until August. 6 months from when we bought the couch originally. Lol.
  • @AshleyGemini24, that's so frustrating.  I'm sorry you're continuing to have to deal with that.  Fingers crossed you get your return ASAP!

@lilyfox, not cool MIL, not cool.  I hope she backs off!
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Dude.. I had to wash out the whole fridge today.  😳.. it was my fault for not putting a tray under the partially frozen raw chickens 🤦. That was way too much work.
  • Continuing the b*tchfest even though it's Tuesday...I called to confirm my first appointment tomorrow and they won't let DH in with me. I understand the protocols, but the virus rate in our neighborhood is very low and the majority is fully vaccinated. It's just a bummer.
  • @fifilala516 That's a total bummer! Is it your heartbeat ultrasound appointment? 
  • Lisa3379 said:
    @fifilala516 That's a total bummer! Is it your heartbeat ultrasound appointment? 
    I think it's the pregnancy confirmation appointment - I imagine they'll do an ultrasound though so fingers crossed we can hear the heartbeat! It may still be too early though (I'll be 6w5d tomorrow). I am a ball of anxiety about it.
  • Lisa3379Lisa3379 member
    edited May 2021
    @fifilala516 I think you'll probably at least see the heartbeat. I had an ultrasound last week at 6w6d and we were able to hear and see it on the ultrasound. So exciting! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth appointment for you! Maybe they'll let you take a video of the ultrasound so your husband can hear the heartbeat that way? 
  • @fifilala516 that's a big bummer!! I bet you'll be able to see the heartbeat though. 

I'm thankful that my OB lets us bring 1 adult with us and dependent children if we don't have childcare. Unless things have changed since I had my first, they won't do a doppler heartbeat until 12 weeks, so I'm guessing we'll only be able to see, not hear the heartbeat at our appointment. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @fifilala516 bummer! Wonder why they won't let you yet.. seems like any patient should have the option in bring at least one advocate to any appointment 🤷‍♀️.
  • @fifilala516 That is such a bummer. They did all the routine questioning / urine sample with my DH in the waiting room, but they brought him back right before they started the examination process!