January 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/19

When is this show coming back? It's so good. Oh man. 

Anyway... what's goin' on? 

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/19

• Options
    Ultrasound appointment yesterday went well - we heard the heart beat! Always an exciting moment. And then the doctor said I have 3 more weeks of Endometrin. Womp womp. I'm so over it, but I guess it's better than a daily shot. 

We might be insane, but we decided that we're taking the kids to Disneyland next week. We were mulling over it for awhile - we wanted to go while there's still an attendance limit, all accounts I've seen and read make it sound like they've done a great job at keeping it safe, but don't want to go in the summer because heat + super limited indoor access + mask = nightmare. We usually go in the fall during the Halloween season, but I think I'll be too pregnant for that. So yeah, next week it is. I'm hoping my nausea will take a backseat to the excitement, and I'm a little bummed I can't go on the bigger rides (our 4 year old is big enough now to go on most of them) but taking the 2.5 year old on rides while they do the bigger rides will be fine... provided he stops having accidents. He is pretty much potty trained (except for sleeping) but we think he's been having accidents lately to spite us and/or he thinks it's funny. Fun little development over here. 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 Glad your appointment went well! Knock wood, mine is next week and I am SO nervous. 

We were talking about going to Disney World in the summer when I am off from work, but like you, I do NOT want to go to Florida in July/August especially while pregnant and also - no drinking around the world at EPCOT? No Space Mountain? No thank you. 

Do you live close enough to Disneyland that you go often? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fifilala516 We live in the Bay Area, so it's about a 6 hour drive - not terrible, and thankfully, as long as the boys have movies going on their iPads, they're pretty good in the car. We usually go about twice a year. And I know! It's kinda torture going to Disney and not being able to do all the things, but I went when I was pregnant with my second (and my kid was 1.5 at the time, which was HARD) and I still had a great time... but it was early spring then, too. 
  • Options
    @lisa3379 I'd love to take DD to Disney...in your experience, when was a "good" age for them to enjoy it? Since she's 2.5 now, that feels a little young. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I think it really started getting fun when DS1 was 2.5. He could go on most of the rides no problem (except for the real big ones, of course) and he had a total blast. Waiting in lines was a bit tough sometimes, but he was also small enough to hold when he got tired of standing in line. We relied pretty heavily on snacks to keep him occupied (I know it's a little tougher now with Covid restrictions - you can only eat while stationary on like benches and stuff) and he napped a couple times a day in the stroller. It's tiring for sure, but it's so freaking awesome to see their faces when that Disney magic comes to life. If you decide to go, go for a few days if you can so you don't feel so pushed to do it all in one or two days. I say do it! 
  • Options
    Six Flags just opened here and my son is finally tall enough for rollercoasters and I can’t go 😩😩 And the kids have no idea yet so I can’t even tell them why! And my husband get motion sickness and is afraid so the poor kid is screwed lol We’re going to Universal in February when the baby is 4 weeks old. It was planned before this, and I’m ok with traveling with a little one strapped to me. Least I can go on rides then!
  • Options
    DD's dad and I are thinking of taker her in March. Worried about either leaving baby at home or taking them along though and I don't want to miss her first time there.. I don't want daughter to miss out though...it's so tough. 
  • Options
    @dani_0921 We left DS2 at home with my MIL when he was 7 months to take DS1 to Disneyland. It was awesome being able to focus only on him after months of dealing with his brother taking away so much of my attention. Can you leave the baby with a grandparent? Although having a 2 month old in the park might not be that bad... 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 technically LO could stay with dad. I'm planning this trip WITH DD'S  dad, my ex husband.  I was thinking thing though about it not being so bad
  • Options
    firewife2021firewife2021 member
    edited May 2021
    @Lisa3379

I'm in Northern CA how was it getting tickets? I keep hearing mixed reviews. We wanted to take DS last year for his fourth, but ya know. So we definitely need to make it up this year. 
  • Options
    Lisa3379Lisa3379 member
    edited May 2021
    @firewife2021 They JUST opened it up to 35% yesterday, so all of a sudden, a ton of tickets were available. Keep checking in on it. Right now, California Adventure as a starting park (if you choose to do park hopper) is available for the rest of this month, most of June, and the first half of July. Disneyland as a starting park is open in July, but as we were contemplating buying tickets, I kept refreshing the page, and sometimes Disneyland would pop up on random days that were previously sold out. 

Edit: I'm wrong. If you choose park hopper, there are tons of dates available. The info above is if you choose only one park per day. But if you're willing to do park hopper, you could go as early as next week if you wanted to. 
  • Options
    We had planned to go to DisneyWorld for DHs paternity leave last year (he was deployed when DD was born and his paternity leave was when she was 6ish months old) but that obviously didn’t work out. Then we thought about going this fall, but DH’s summer leave time is in August...and going from WA to FL in August and wearing a mask and being pregnant just does not sound like a fun idea. 

In other news, I finally got my referral to OB processed through insurance so I have my intake on Friday 🙌 Hoping they get me in ASAP for an ultrasound so I can do that before DH leaves for the summer 
  • Options
    @lisa3379 Definitely gonna go. My absolute favorite time to go is Halloween time and Christmas time!
  • Options
    @firewife2021 DH and I had our honeymoon in Disney World, right before Thanksgiving 2019, so we beat the crowds for the most part AND still got to enjoy the Christmas magic. It was AMAZING.
  • Options
    Disney sounds so fun!!  We've talked about saving our stimulus money for it down the road.  With a new little one on the way, I think it will be farther off than we thought.  How do you do Disney when you have a 7 year age gap so that both kids can enjoy it? 

Also, DH and I decided even before getting pregnant that I should get a new car this year to try to get ahead of things and avoid 2 car payments at once down the road (we've had both our cars the same amount of time).  

I really, really, want the brand new 2021 Nissan Rogue.  But the sensible part of me just can't justify the price tag. But at the same time, I'm trying to finagle things so that it doesn't seem "so bad."  Not gonna lie, in my head I've sort of ear-marked the child tax credit starting in July as off-setting a larger than I want car payment.  
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @magalina_h I started looking at a bigger vehicle too. With three littles, I'll need it. I'm very interested in the new Toyota Sienna though haha
  • Options
    @MagalinaH @dani0921 Toyotas will run forever! Oooo I've got my eye on the Infiniti Qx80. (I'm planning to have 1 more after this babe) 

And Disney with a big age gap. I dont have 2 kids yet. But my son went with his cousin on my son's third birthday (they are free before theyre 3) and his cousin was 10. So there was a bit of an age gap there. We had grandma and grandpa with us. Which was really convenient for DH and I to be able to ride rides together and have someone watch DS. 
  • Options
    Ditto re: taking grandparents to Disneyland, so you can ride the bigger rides with your older kid while they watch the baby/little one. Plus, there are plenty of rides that you could take a little one on and your older kid will still have fun. We started taking our kids when they were 11 months old, and they went on most of the rides with no height requirement with no problem. There's just something about Disneyland that makes even the most tame rides magical for most people. :) 
  • Options
    I just got done with my phone intake and my first appointment is scheduled 🙌 Not until June 14th but oh well. The lady on the phone was sooooo nice and I’m thinking I picked the right office! 

Annnnnd my printer is being a jerk and won’t print in black and white because it’s out of color ink 🙄
  • Options
    Has anyone done bump boxes? I got it impulsively (figured this is my last pregnancy so why not?) And the stuff in my first box seems really nice so far. 

• Options
    dani_0921 said:
    Has anyone done bump boxes? I got it impulsively (figured this is my last pregnancy so why not?) And the stuff in my first box seems really nice so far. 

I've thought about it too, but wasn't sure if actually use/need anything in them. The 1 I saw like $40/month, so I decided not to. If it had been $20, I think I would have done it. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    jesscak2jesscak2 member
    edited November 2021
    Printer manufacturers will mix a little blue ink with the black ink to make it last longer. The argument they provide is that it makes the color more vibrant, but the actual reason is to empty your pocketbook. After all, laser printer color hp ink is one of the world's most costly fluids by volume. Because every firm does this, they construct a system that you can't get away from, and then strangle their consumers with nonsense like this. True, it's an asshole design.
  • Options
    Does anyone know where I can find a mini changing pad? I can’t find one that fits the dresser I got 😬. It needs to be less than 26” in length.