Weekly Check-In w/o 5.17

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What do you call the carbonated, caffeinated fizzy drink supplies by companies like Pepsi and Coca-Cola?

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 5.17

• Loading the player...
  • chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited May 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 27; 16w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado! 🥑 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on 6/10; at least it’s LESS than a month away now....

How are you feeling?: I’m starting to have my really severe kidney pain that I had last pregnancy, 2 weeks early. This landed me in the hospital last time. I’ve been putting heat on my back but it’s not really helping and it makes me super miserable....

Rants/Raves: I finally got the celebrate Mother’s Day with my family this weekend, which was super nice. However, I had my in laws dogs that day too and it was just an absolute sh!tsh0w. Their dogs are major alphas (at a whopping 10 pounds) and my alpha can’t stand other alphas so it was just a really exhausting day. 

Questions: what are you doing for self care? I just feel exhausted 24/7 and can tell my self-care is falling off to the wayside.

GTKY: What do you call the carbonated, caffeinated fizzy drink supplies by companies like Pepsi and Coca-Cola? 

West Wisconsin and I alternate between soda and pop. It’s a pop machine if I’m getting it from a fountain or if it’s in a vending machine, but I call it fountain soda. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

@jtayl962 my belly button has gone from a midi to an outie already. I also have stretch marks around my belly button already this time. I didn’t have any stretch marks with my first, so I’m kind of bummed.

TTC History

• @chindimples04 so far no stretch marks in that area yet
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 18w4d
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: the same length as a baby shampoo bottle or a cucumber, apparently

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: A little moody, but good overall.

Rants/Raves: been feeling stressed recently, but had a really good talk with some college girlfriends yesterday--we have a standing zoom meeting every Sunday afternoon--and now I feel a lot better. 

Questions: none, so I'll answer @chindimples04: for self- care, I go to bed at a reasonable time and go for a run in the mornings. And when I have to walk instead of run, I tell myself I'm doing a great job getting out and getting fresh air and moving my body instead of feeling bad about myself for being so slow. And take my antidepressants 😉

GTKY: What do you call the carbonated, caffeinated fizzy drink supplies by companies like Pepsi and Coca-Cola? Soda, but where I grew up it was universally referred to as Coke.
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: puffin

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4tm

Upcoming appointments: may 20....eeeek! Anatomy scan and on visit

How are you feeling?: Good. End of the day I feel like I'm already waddling 😅

Rants/Raves: I'm still only feeling occasional baby flutters when I'm really still. I'm ready for the big kicks and alien rolling across my belly movements.

Questions: none

GTKY: What do you call the carbonated, caffeinated fizzy drink supplies by companies like Pepsi and Coca-Cola? Soda

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  10/23, 17+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: none till June 

How are you feeling?: good overall. Stiill get winded. Still get super tired after activity. 

Rants/Raves: rave: spent the night at a high end hotel with a friend and it was a nice and relaxing getaway. 

Rant: so annoyed with the high number of house projects we have left to do and how so many of them require skills I don't have, leaving my husband to be the one that does them all, which leaves him tired and cranky and blaming me for my lack of skills. I think we should just hire out the rest of our projects, tbh, but he's stubborn and won't do that. 

Questions: no

Pop traditionally, but sometimes soda. Usually I'll call it by its name "coke" "sprite" Mtn. Dew" etc. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a sweet potato

Upcoming appointments: not until June

How are you feeling?: @vampirina also still getting super winded. We've had a lot going on at work, so I am speed walking throughout the plant, and have to take my mask off to take deep breaths and collect my breath.

Rants/Raves: Rave: we went camping this weekend. Perfect weather so relaxing. DS did pretty good in the new set up. SIL had their second baby Friday, such a cutie, loved getting to facetime such a little babe. Rant: @vampirina twins again, same. We're refinishing our basement and DH has a good amount to go, I am going to help with what I can this weekend, but a lot of what is left is A ) skills I don't have or B ) heavy lifting. 

Questions: What prenatal yoga videos do you yogis out there use? I've been doing yoga with Adrienne, but want something different.

GTKY: What do you call the carbonated, caffeinated fizzy drink supplies by companies like Pepsi and Coca-Cola? Ohioan over here, I call it pop.

• @gingermama46 ugh the house projects are so tough to contend with especially now that I'm expecting and feel especially useless! I hope your basement gets finished smoothly. 

I think I'm going to ask my dad to come over and help with a few of the projects when DH is on a work trip (he's usually gone for most of the week). Hopefully that'll be a good surprise.  

• @madiirosee, YAY for the anatomy scan!! I loved my scan with DD sooo much and I cannot wait to see this little baby too. It's so amazing to get to look at them in such detail and for such a long time. 😍

@chindimples04, I'm so sorry about your kidney pain. I've had issues with my kidneys before and the pain is just the worst. I hope you feel better! Also for self care, I take naps when I can (basically only weekends, when my DD takes her nap), and I have myself scheduled for two massages in the next couple weeks. I plan to make the massages a regular thing!

@pizzaplz, my H calls everything coke and it drives me nuts. Coke is one brand!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 29 // 16w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a dill pickle!

Upcoming appointments: had one today, next up: anatomy scan! 😁😁😁

How are you feeling?: I'm in the sweet spot of 2nd trimester and I feel GREAT! 

Rants/Raves: 

Rant: I love my doctor, but she is always multitasking. I don't feel rushed during my appointments, per se, but every appointment feels like a whirlwind. I wish she could just stand still and answer my questions before or after the exam. She's always answering my questions or giving me information while doing an exam or checking baby's heartrate and it's hard for me to focus. I feel distracted by trying to hear the baby's heartbeat or paying attention to whatever she's doing. I wish she'd just do one thing at a time. Exam and THEN questions. 

Rave: I want to be in this sweet spot forever. My nausea is gone. I don't have any horrible aches and pains yet. I'm still sleeping well. Please let this phase last all the way til my due date! 🤞

Questions: 

Midwesterner here, and I usually say pop. Occasionally soda. If I say soda, my H jokingly accuses me of trying to sound fancy 😂

• @gingermama46 I'm not sure what the one I have is called, but the person leading it pronounces exhale "ex-sale" and it drives me bonkers. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19+1, 10/10

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: four-toed hedgehog

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for my anatomy scan and 2nd COVID shot

How are you feeling?: Good. Normal until I walk too much, then I'm exhausted. I'm a little nervous for my stamina on our 2-day Disneyland trip in less than a month. I feel like I need to start training for it.

Rants/Raves: I hate the unknown. I really wish I had a crystal ball that would show me how this birth is going to go so I can mentally prepare. Oh, and winning lotto numbers would be nice too.

Questions:

GTKY: What do you call the carbonated, caffeinated fizzy drink supplied by companies like Pepsi and Coca-Cola? Trash. But I think the answer you're looking for is soda.

• @galentine oh, good idea! 💗💙💚 Also, can we talk about how we need a plain pink heart emoji? Unpopular opinion? 
    TTC History

• @galentine oh, good idea! 💗💙💚 Also, can we talk about how we need a plain pink heart emoji? Unpopular opinion? 
    YES! This always drives me nuts. Why does the pink have to be fancy?!
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/16

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I think cucumber?

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th time 

Upcoming appointments: Friday check up

How are you feeling?: tired so hard to get up in the morning 

Rants/Raves: rant- lower back pain killing me rave-nice weather! 

Questions:

GTKY: What do you call the carbonated, caffeinated fizzy drink supplies by companies like Pepsi and Coca-Cola? NYer so it’s coke or soda 

• @mac-n-cheesy sorry to hear that therapy was rough. I’m sure with all of your added physical strains it’s not helping either 😕 it’s good you guys are taking that step though and even doing counseling! I know some couples who literally refuse to even entertain it. I hope things lighten up here for you soon 💞
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 19+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A pint of ice cream. Appropriate since I've been eating so much of it. Pro-tip: Salted caramel is the easiest flavor to get out of the carton because it stays a little softer.
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Team 💗💙💚: 💙
    Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan next Monday. It's very hard to wait.
    How are you feeling?: Still feeling anxious and sad. I'm hyper vigilant for any movement, since I feel like baby's been quieter this week. That worries me, although everything says not to worry yet. Got one good, solid kick yesterday afternoon, though. Also starting to feel uncomfortably large.
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- My mind has been anywhere but work. It's been a tough week for a variety of reasons. Rave -- My cat's medical procedure went well yesterday. He's breathing much better, and his teeth are all pretty and white after being cleaned. Just waiting on culture results now.
    Questions:
    GTKY: What do you call the carbonated, caffeinated fizzy drink supplies by companies like Pepsi and Coca-Cola? I grew up in a pop region and now live in a soda region, even though I haven't really moved that far, and they're in the same state. So I switch back and forth.
  • @mac-n-cheesy I had an early induction for IUGR with my daughter. I have a bicornuate uterus so I knew all along there were risks and I might not go full term. Everything seemed just fine until around the third trimester; an ultrasound revealed just how small she still was, and subsequent scans showed she just wasn't growing. I was in and out of the hospital a lot in the third trimester. My doctor really wanted me to get to term, which is technically 37 weeks. We scheduled the induction for 37+1, and my daughter was born at 4lbs15oz, but no ICU time needed!
  • @madiirosee thank you for the kind words. I do feel lucky he participates in therapy. We also have individual therapists and I even was able to get him to take a 12 week anger management class this year. I’m lucky in that respect!
    @pizzaplz your story is very encouraging. What a miracle that your DD stayed out of the NICU.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19+3, Oct 9th!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pint of ice cream

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: June 3rd. Seems so far away. I want to change my anatomy scan to earlier so bad! But DH has off work, BIL is watching the kid’s, it’s all set up for June 3rd and can’t be changed. 

How are you feeling?: Anxious. I have bad anxiety  all the time, like in everyday life, but I’m definitely experiencing prenatal anxiety that is making it even worse than usual. It is mentally exhausting and overwhelming and is making it hard to be productive in any part of my life. 

Rants/Raves: I am ranting and raving on my lack of symptoms. It’s really nice to not be exhausted or have much pain now and just feel relatively normal, but no symptoms also causes me so much stress and anxiety. 

Questions: 

Soda! I mostly grew up in IL, a little in WA, and I’ve lived in Iowa the last 15 years... somewhere along the way I picked up soda. My husband is from Iowa calls it pop and always makes fun of me. The kids call it soda and he’s always trying to convince them that it’s pop. They’ve never had soda so anything that’s in a can they think is soda 🤣

• @demimondaine I think this is a perfect opportunity to demand that you be waited on like royalty. Is it a physically demanding trip, or can you just put your feet up and get people to bring you cold drinks the entire time?

@kitandcat I am sorry. I am feeling rough, too. I am tallying my good days and bad days in advance of my appointment next week so I can answer a screening questionnaire honestly. Remind me -- are you undergoing treatment?

Apparently little guy likes when I exercise. Got some kicks last night during a long walk with the dog and this morning after my run.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19w today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: mango 🥭 baby 

Upcoming appointments: 5/26 for gender and anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: feeling pretty good this week. I feel like at this point in my pregnancy last time I felt baby move more but this babe is either hiding behind my placenta or I’m just not feeling it as much. I feel something sometimes but it’s not super frequent. 

Rants/Raves: it’s kind of both, I updated more on randoms thread. We are moving soon due to SO getting a new job which is exciting I’ve always lived in NH so I’m excited for a new area and a new house but I don’t think I’ll be able to keep my current job and will need to resign at somepoint which is a bummer because I really like the job team and company I work for.

Questions: anyone else not feeling babe move as much?

Soda!

• @bcliffee1, I'm a couple weeks behind you (17w today), but I haven't felt the baby move at all yet. There have been a few flutters that miiiiiight have been baby, but nothing definitive yet.
  • @bcliffee1 I don't have any frame of reference, but based on what other people are reporting for current or previous pregnancies, it seems like I should be getting more pronounced movements. But maybe my scan will show an anterior placenta...or maybe I just don't understand what I'm supposed to be feeling.
  • noprobalo said:
    @bcliffee1 I don't have any frame of reference, but based on what other people are reporting for current or previous pregnancies, it seems like I should be getting more pronounced movements. But maybe my scan will show an anterior placenta...or maybe I just don't understand what I'm supposed to be feeling.
    @noprobalo, don't worry! ❤ there are a lot of STMs+ in this group, and you typically feel subsequent babies earlier than you do your first (in theory, anyway, it has not been the case for me). There are LOTS of things that could impact when and how strongly you feel the baby move. Placenta location, where the baby likes to hang out, your weight and size, etc. I wouldn't worry about it! ❤
  • @noprobalo it can be hard to identify fetal movement, for sure! With my daughter, I was lucky to have a very kind and patient ultrasound tech who, at my anatomy scan,  helped me connect the movements I saw on the screen to what was happening in my body. We saw a big movement and I was able to identify the little kicking feeling as the fetus and not gas or something. I really didn't know how to identify it before! You'll feel it all soon enough 😉
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    My 4th and I really only started noticing them at 18 weeks, definitely more frequently at 19 (but still subtle). And on the US she is a moving machine 🤷‍♀️ placenta is posterior too, so that's not the problem
  • This is my second and I’ve been feeling her definitely since around 16 weeks here and there and since 17 weeks it’s been everyday for most of the day. My SO hasn’t been able to feel her from the outside yet though I have several times if I press hard enough. I’m 18+3 now. With my first I didn’t really know what to expect so I don’t think it was until 18-20 weeks.
  • @pizzaplz It's frustrating because I'm still constantly feeling what is definitely gas bubbles traversing my gut along with what I think are abdominal muscle twitches. But time will tell.

Thank you for the reassurance, everyone.
  • @noprobalo throughout my entire first pregnancy up until the anatomy scan, I didn't think I was feeling him move at all. When they asked and I said no, they showed me him moving and were able to connect it to what I thought was just the gas bubbles.
  • @gingermama46 They did tell me I have an anterior placenta today. Yesterday, I felt some things that were distinctly movements. So now I'm thinking that I might not have really felt anything until maybe this past week, because what I felt before was not similar to that. But now I have an explanation and an idea of what to look for.