January 2022 Moms

*TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

2»

Re: *TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

• mfd19mfd19 member
    @relizabethp thinking of you. Hope everything goes well today.
  • Loading the player...
  • @relizabethp - thinking of you.  Hope everything is ok.  
  • @relizabethp glad to hear. My little guy always measured like 5 days behind. It really matters more when you ovulate then when you LMP was for growth. 
  • @beckylookatherbump i did IVF so I didn’t ovulate lol! But they said they can’t control implanting so they assume it happened later! 
    My daughter was born small and remained extremely small (she topped out at the 3% ) i am not sure if genetics like that matters at this stage?? 

Thank you all for your support!
  • So at my U/S today they found a “very small” subchronic hematoma - which is why they think the bleeding is happening- anyone have experience with this ? They said they aren’t worried and it’s common- just to keep
    following my restrictions 
  • @relizabethp I had one with my daughter. I never had any bleeding but it never caused any issues!
  • Is anyone else spotting? I am still spotting! I have at least 5 u/s and everything looks good, but im still freaking out! 
  • @relizabethp Have you been checked for an SCH? (I can't remember...) I have had on/off brown discharge and my doctor said it doesn't sound too concerning. I think if you're being monitored and the U/S look good and it isn't accompanied by severe cramping, then everything should be ok. Thinking of you!
  • @fifilala516 yes i did/do have a SCH - at my 8 week appointment they said they couldn’t see it but on Monday the dr said it is possible it is just in a position they can’t see on the u/s and it’s working it’s way out ! I am just so freaked out 
  • @relizabethp I’m not spotting with this pregnancy but I spotted a lot with my son (bright red with cramps). Pretty much everything irritated my cervix (sex, vag exams, exercising too hard) and he’s almost one now. I wouldn’t be concerned if it’s light. Has your progesterone been checked?
  • @beckylookatherbump yes my levels are all good! Thanks for sharing your story it reass! 
  • Tonight I started to have heavy bleeding... not exactly two pads an hour... luckily I have an ultrasound tomorrow so I will know my answer or what is going on.  :( I am so worried!!! It is bright red but not too much tissue just two spots. but nothing big.. so scary!
    3 Adopted kids: <3 20 year old girl, <3 12 year old boy, <3 11 year old boy.....4th GIRL DUE Jan 5th, 2022!!!!!!

Fertility Journey starts in 2019 at one clinic to have our own. Using donor sperm, his isnt well after multiple testing- genetics. 
    We tried 3 IUI in 2019, then switched in April 2020. 

April 19th, 2021 1st FET cycle 1st HCG April 30-176.9  2nd HCG May 3- 591 7 week ultrasound May 20th went well HB 140 baby measured 7 weeks 1 day sac measured 7 weeks 2 days June 1st 9 week ultrasound June 11th 1st apt with new OBGYN- no ultrasound just a physical, labs, protein urine collection. June 14th blood work with fertility- no changes to medications continue to decrease, June 21st last blood work with fertility graduated now on to OBGYN only. June 25th 12 week NT saw the nose, arms, and legs everything normal!!! July 23rd check in with OBGYN-  heartbeat is 150! August 18th 20 week ultrasound went GREAT! Aug 19th check in with the OBGYN. Sept 15th 24 week echocardiogram normal! Sept 17th OBGYN apt heard the heartbeat! Oct 15th baby is 3.5 pounds Oct 19th OBGYN apt 28 weeks Oct 28th paperwork apt with new provider 

.....Next: Nov 2nd first apt new clinic Nov 4th OBGYN apt Nov 8th OBGYN apt Nov 10th OBGYN apt, Nov 12th Maternal Fetal 32 week ultrasound, Nov 15 OBGYN apt Nov 17th OBGYN apt 
  • @sheenaco thinking of you and sending good vibes your way! 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻 Keep us posted! 
  • @sheenaco thinking of you as well! Let us know how it goes- i really hope everything is ok 
  • @sheenaco Thinking of you, please keep us posted!
  • So this morning at 3:30am I felt like I urinated myself and went to the bathroom and was tons of blood. Upon going to the bathroom I passed two huge blood clots (or what I thought was a blood clot) red squishy glistening almost like slime looking... but the size of a lime/lemon. I continued to bleed but lighter until 7:30/8am...but no pain. My fiancée called the dr at 8:30 when they opened to see what to do. They said to go to the ER which I have awful veins and hate IVS. I had my scheduled NT ultrasound at 11:30am but we had to go to two clinics one for the ultrasound and then meet with our dr at 1:30pm. I was terrified and told  by the tech that oh we cant tell you anything I get licensed but can you least say if theres a heartbeat etc.. guess we would see if there was nothing. 
    So we get the ultrasound and shocked to see the baby on the screen along with the heartbeat walking in there expecting the worse. our last ultrasound was 8 weeks 5 days. We saw the nose...they measured the neck and saw arms and legs flailing around! So when we met with our dr at 1:30pm she states it was a subchorionic hemorrhage so have to have no sex tampons anything that goes in the vagina plus I may continue to bleed. It does increase miscarriage but today was a really emotional day! Anyone else had this and the baby was okay?
    3 Adopted kids: <3 20 year old girl, <3 12 year old boy, <3 11 year old boy.....4th GIRL DUE Jan 5th, 2022!!!!!!

Fertility Journey starts in 2019 at one clinic to have our own. Using donor sperm, his isnt well after multiple testing- genetics. 

April 19th, 2021 1st FET cycle 1st HCG April 30-176.9  2nd HCG May 3- 591 7 week ultrasound May 20th went well HB 140 baby measured 7 weeks 1 day sac measured 7 weeks 2 days June 1st 9 week ultrasound June 11th 1st apt with new OBGYN- no ultrasound just a physical, labs, protein urine collection. June 14th blood work with fertility- no changes to medications continue to decrease, June 21st last blood work with fertility graduated now on to OBGYN only. June 25th 12 week NT saw the nose, arms, and legs everything normal!!! July 23rd check in with OBGYN-  heartbeat is 150! August 18th 20 week ultrasound went GREAT! Aug 19th check in with the OBGYN. Sept 15th 24 week echocardiogram normal! Sept 17th OBGYN apt heard the heartbeat! Oct 15th baby is 3.5 pounds Oct 19th OBGYN apt 28 weeks Oct 28th paperwork apt with new provider 

.....Next: Nov 2nd first apt new clinic Nov 4th OBGYN apt Nov 8th OBGYN apt Nov 10th OBGYN apt, Nov 12th Maternal Fetal 32 week ultrasound, Nov 15 OBGYN apt Nov 17th OBGYN apt 
  • @sheenaco Oh my god! That’s a crazy story, I would’ve been so terrified. I’m happy to hear everything seems ok right now. Wow. 
  • @sheenaco i am so happy for you! I have been thinking of you all day ♥️ I have a SCH right now and have been bleeding off and on since May 31 with small clots passing this week. I have been on bed rest and pelvic restrictions- but it is terrifying and emotional draining as you can tell from my posts ! I did not have anything to the extent that you are describing but i have read multiple blogs and forums where they describe the same
    thing as you all have had good outcomes 
  • Thanks so much!!! Wow have you had bigger clots? My doctor says I dont need to do bed rest or any change. I thought I was having a miscarriage but at the same time it was weird with no pain.... and they said I would feel it. But this is my first baby. 

• @relizabethp how far along are you? I am 12 weeks 2 days today.. just hoping to continue to get further along. I am already high risk due to weight, age im 35 and diabetic so was like great one more thing but when i went to the ultrasound they were like your IVF dr didnt tell you about bleeding? I was like yes some bleeding but nothing like a murder scene.. it happened at work luckily had an ultrasound today otherwise they told me to to go to the ER. 

• @sheenaco i am 10 weeks 3 days . I did IVF as well and was told 40-50% of IVF pregnancy’s have SCH but i was not expecting the bleeding to be as continuous as it has been. I am also high risk but it’s because of an existing uterine tear that happened in labor with my daughter. Since my uterus is compromised i need to be closely monitored- the worst case scenario is a rupture which is almost fatal - so possibly why they put me on bed rest? You are so close to 13 weeks! After my last bleed we also saw the baby moving with a great heartbeat and i asked if that reduced our chance for miscarriage and the dr assured us that it did ❤️
  • @sheenaco Wow, glad everything is ok!! Just take it easy. 
  • This ultrasound we saw the babys legs nose hands... all the limbs! Then the baby starting to move... I was in such awe I asked her if it was from her pushing down on my stomach for the ultrasound, or if it was due to the baby actually moving on his/her own. It sounds silly now! But you just never know it was pretty amazing. 

• So , I ended back in the ER last night for bleeding. Baby was measuring great, wonderful heartbeat, super strong, but they don’t know why im bleeding. I stopped my suppository and they can’t see the SCH. They said they cannot see any blood coming from my uterus so the best guess is an irritated cervix- i am back on modified bed rest until a obgyn can see me. Did anyone else bleed for no reason?
  • So , I ended back in the ER last night for bleeding. Baby was measuring great, wonderful heartbeat, super strong, but they don’t know why im bleeding. I stopped my suppository and they can’t see the SCH. They said they cannot see any blood coming from my uterus so the best guess is an irritated cervix- i am back on modified bed rest until a obgyn can see me. Did anyone else bleed for no reason?
    I had a subchroionic hematoma too! Scared the life out of me, it took about a week to clear but been okay since. Stayed super anxious though about exercise and sex since then though…
  • @relizabethp Sending you good, restful vibes!
  • Thanks ladies! I ended up with a heavy bleed on the 4th of July that sent me back to the er. Again the baby was healthy.  I ended up going into the Dr on Tuesday the 6th - they saw the baby and he looked really healthy! The obgyn said that it’s possible the 4th of July bleed was the hematoma that was seen at 6 and 8 weeks. She said that small hematomas look a lot like the placenta so as the placenta grows it’s hard to distinguish the two on ultrasound. She also said there was “large pool” of old blood sitting on my cervix. She cleaned out the blood and I haven’t spotted or bleed since . So i am hoping that was it. I have my NIPT scan on Monday-‘hopefully they can see if anything else is happening.
  • That sounds positive! Good luck on your NIPT @relizabethp. I’m having mine on Monday too with the NT scan.
  • @fifilala516 thanks! I hope your scan goes well too
  • @relizabethp awesome news, so happy to hear that!
  • Hopefully this will help some of you feel a little better.  I got pregnant with my son naturally at 20 years old.  The night I was going to take a test because I had been throwing up all day at work I started having really bad cramps and bleeding.  I went to bed figuring it was just a really bad period.  (My periods have never been normal)  The next morning I took a test because I threw up again but was still bleeding.  Six tests later all were positive.  I called the OBGYN panicked because I was bleeding a lot.  They couldn't schedule me until the following week so I decided to go to the hospital.  They tried doing a pelvic exam but I was bleeding so much they had to change the sheets at one point.  They brought me back for an ultrasound and baby was fine great heartbeat.  They sent me home with discharge papers that said I had a threatened miscarriage to lay in bed for 2-3 days.  If the bleeding didn't stop go back to the hospital for miscarriage.  I continued to bleed, had a fever and cramping.  I didn't go back to the hospital.  I went to see my OB and he said that some of the placenta has torn away from the uterus.  He said its 50/50 whether or not it reattaches or fully comes out.  Well I bled for two more months.  Towards the end of the two months more clots than blood.  My son is 9 years old now and very smart little boy.  So try not to stress it will only make it worse.