October 2021 Moms

UO 05/13

Let's hear all your unpopular opinions.

Re: UO 05/13

• Ultrasounds are boring. I appreciate the reassurance of seeing my little dude squirming around, but 1 minute, 2 tops, is all I need before I'm over it. I will more than likely fall asleep during my anatomy scan again.
  • I love ultrasounds. Having miscarriages previously it’s reassuring to me. But I could see if you’ve had or are having many scans that it could get repetitive. I’ve only had one this pregnancy and it was at 8 weeks. My next one is my anatomy scan so I’m probably looking forward to it more because of just the sheer difference between a kidney bean looking thing and an actual baby 😂 

• Loading the player...
  • @cait32 Oh man, I LOVE the kicks! DS was pretty gentle with me, no rib kicks or anything, and surrobabe was too small to ever do any damage, so that probably influences my feelings towards kicks. I am a little nervous about this little guy though. He is super active already.

@madiirosee I think you have a point there. I'm high risk so I get a US at every single office visit.
  • @galentine I agree. I was just thinking today- that anybody could just ditch the mask and claim that they’re vaccinated. 
    I’m still wary of getting the vaccine while pregnant. (Previous multiple losses have me on edge about mostly everything) I will absolutely get it once baby is born but until then I will definitely keep the mask on. 
  • gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited May 2021
    @galentine I completely agree. 

edited, I was trying to articulate that to my husband this morning when we were talking about it, and I couldn't find the words. I'm just going to copy and paste what you said to say this is what I was trying to say!
  • @galentine well said. There was actually a bar in my city selling fake vaccination cards (the owner got arrested). I’m vaccinated and I still wear a mask inside everywhere.
    My UO is that I don’t want anyone to visit us in the hospital when our daughter is born and I’d like a few weeks alone with our baby before anyone comes over. I did this for 3 weeks with DD and it just works for me.
  • @galentine saaaaaame! I mean, I'm sure stores will still ask customers to wear masks, and I was telling my husband I'm going to keep wearing one anyway to provide positive reinforcement for my daughter when she starts wearing one (I'm so eager for the vaccine to be approved for all ages...), and just to help others feel reassured that I'm not endangering them! But yeah, kind of annoyed! It makes me feel unsafe taking my daughter anywhere.
  • I can't wait to not wear a mask! Breathing is hard enough these days  :s Maryland ended their mask mandate for everyone today - we left yesterday!  :p
  • @galentine totally agree. 

After the CDC released their guidelines, the Iowa dept of Public health released a recommendation that all schools and daycares shouldn’t wear masks???? It makes no logical sense. Doesn’t follow the new CDC guidelines at all! So now tons of schools and daycares here are dropping mask mandates even though the schools (elementary especially!) are filled with kids who don’t even have the option for a vaccine! It’s blowing my mind.

My sons school on Friday emailed they were getting rid of masks for the LAST 12 DAYS OF SCHOOL. Then I assume a ton of people freaked out and they reversed their decision the next day and are keeping masks for the last 12 days. Thank freaking goodness! 
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @kitandcat just to give you peace of mind, not trying to spark a debate...children don't have as strong of reactions (typically) as adults and are deemed relatively low risk. I think the mask mandate for them was more procedural than necessary. The CDC even says they are low risk.

Here's a link from an article from Harvard about risks for children and socializing without vaccines/masks if you wish to read it. 
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-outbreak-and-kids

Again, not saying this to cause drama or a debate... totally respect everyone's opinion. Just thought it might ease your mind a bit
  • @kitandcat, omg YES. We are in the same state and IDPH has completely gone off the rails. Their new guidance makes absolutely no sense. And regardless of what the new guidance will be, it's unnecessary and unhelpful to make such big sweeping changes right before the end of the school year. I don't get why they can't just wait until next school year. The kids have been wearing masks since they went back in person, they'll be fine wearing masks for two more weeks! Daycare is the same. I'm really upset that they are taking away all of the safeguards at DD's daycare. 😢
  • @madiirosee I’m with you, I’m pro vaccines but I’m going to wait this one out until babe is born. Everyone around me is vaccinated so that helps a little